Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Summer 2008 - My East Coast Trip!

Puma

So last week, my mom and I flew from San Diego to LAX for a layover, then had about a 5-hour flight to Washington D.C. From there, we explored the next day (nothing new to me since I've been there 2 years ago), drove up and visited Philly for a couple hours, then stopped at our hotel in northern New Jersey. The following day, we took a bus to New York City and covered everything we could via double-decker CityBus guided tour. We did it again the next day and left in the afternoon, driving up to Boston. Did some exploring there, and then went back home.

Coolest trip I've ever been on. I think this tops off Hawaii, Florida/Bahamas, and all the other vacations and roadtrips I've had.

hhahahah! how cool!!!

I LOVE IT!

i like the editing and music you chose.. like when you fastforward thru all th driving. *impressed*

and the jokes in between make it entertaining

im still not done waching btw.

just got to the bit where you mistake the monument.

oh and where it says "coins stain" lol.

wow. great video. you are cute with your mom. i think you should incorporated more of that into the video. you and your mom. but well done i think.

what editing software did you use? i would love to learn how to make videos like that.

lol @ 'i have to fart' that cracked me up in the beginning.

hhahahah! how cool!!!

I LOVE IT!

i like the editing and music you chose.. like when you fastforward thru all th driving. *impressed*

and the jokes in between make it entertaining

im still not done waching btw.

just got to the bit where you mistake the monument.

oh and where it says "coins stain" lol.

YEAH when I saw that I was like, "Oh shoot I HAVE to get that on video....stupid people....". Thank you for watching it.

wow. great video. you are cute with your mom. i think you should incorporated more of that into the video. you and your mom. but well done i think.

what editing software did you use? i would love to learn how to make videos like that.

lol @ 'i have to fart' that cracked me up in the beginning.

I actually did have a few more clips of my mom and I, but it was usually the same thing....me asking her how she feels and her panting in the humidity and saying she's tired...hahah.

I used Apple iMovie 6.0.4 on my Mac. I was so used to Windows Movie Maker on my old computer, but this one is so much better. More features and everything. Really good and just easy to learn for beginners.

Great video!

Did you do all the shots of the city view of Manhattan yourself or did you pull them from somewhere? Was it from the top of a building or anything?

I've never seen Borat, but I've stayed at that same hotel! I didn't realize it was from that movie! I sort of stumbled upon that hotel by accident and stayed there a night. I wonder what room they were in haha!

Glad you had a great time!

Great video!

Did you do all the shots of the city view of Manhattan yourself or did you pull them from somewhere? Was it from the top of a building or anything?

I've never seen Borat, but I've stayed at that same hotel! I didn't realize it was from that movie! I sort of stumbled upon that hotel by accident and stayed there a night. I wonder what room they were in haha!

Glad you had a great time!

Yup, everything in my video is from original pictures and camcorder footage my mom and I took. We went up top the Empire State building so that's how we managed to get those beautiful aerial views of the cityscape. My mom was teasing me about dropping my camera since I stuck my hand out through the fence to get the best tourist-free/fence-free shots I could.

the pictures you put in the video, were those 'stills' or cut out of the video feed?

oh also, how big of a file does that create making those? i know it depends on length and content, yours is 10 mins with video and music. how big is that?

The still pictures were just photos. The project itself was 15GB, but I saved the final version as a .mov for QuickTime which came out to 42.5MB. I wasn't concerned about how much space it was going to take up on my computer...I just wanted to squish everything into 10 minutes since that's the limit for YouTube.

Archived