Unprotected sex, possibly pregnant, upset, why?

JonnyG

Well the title sums up really what im about to ask.

I am just amazed at some of the people involved in these pregnancys that have not been planned.

I read the other day about a person (who will remain nameless as will as any other examples i use) the other day who thinks she might be pregnant. The condom split. Some semen got into her. The clinic was closed when she went the next day, and after that she just chanced it that she wouldnt be pregnant as she was nearly starting her period. Now she thinks she might be pregnant as her periods late.

Today I have read of a girl who had unprotected sex for the "second" time and now feels she could perhaps be pregnant and wants help.

Also today read about a guy who also had sex unprotected while his gf was on her second day of her period and is questionning if his gf could be pregnant because she is upset.

Also read about 4 days ago about a girl of 16 who is pregnant for the second time, and its twins. Totalling 3 children at only 16 years of age. Not sure if it was intended, but at that age, its way too early (in my opinion) to have 1 child let alone 3.

This is just some examples of the last couple of days. And I have read the pregnancy section only recently so im guessing this is a common thing that is written about in this thread.

For myself I always wear a condom when im with girl, no matter how drunk I may be, I manage to make sure to wear one. During the 1 time it snapped the girl was on the pill anyway. If there was a time I use a condom and it split and the girl was not on the pill, I would be marching her off to the clinic for the day after pill. Although I love kids and looking forward to the day of having 1 or 2. I am too young and not ready for a child yet. Im not going to chance it like many others seem to be doing.

My question is, why are people appearing surprised or upset about the possiblity of being pregnant when you are chancing it by not wearing a condom and not taking the day after pill if u don't use a condom?

People just seem to be asking for trouble

Hey Johnny!

I know you from the other topic, and believe it or not, I share all your views. I am shocked to find out that very very young people are talking about handjobs here, not to speak about real sex.

I agree that people don't seem to be careful. I am always very careful. I have a Mirena implant, that is a spiral with hormones, that is even more safe than the pill. Before this I had the pill. I always use condoms, to prevent HIV/AIDS, and other STD's.

However, I want to add that I am glad that you opened a separate topic on this. Because in the other postings, I can tell you being a girl, if you have these type of 'your own fault' responses to a girl that is ALREADY in this situation, you really don't help her. She knows it is stupid not to have taken a morning after pill. But she did use condoms, and they in fact ARE only 95% safe. That's why I said what I said there. Forgive me for my sexist comment, because I really agree with you. But the girl needed help and comfort.

Ilse.

Thx for your opinion.

That sexist comment thing was only a joke

I know i jumped the gun, and should of perhaps been a little less harsh, but I have apologised to her. Think its the disappointment of seeing it far too often that caused my response. Thats why I have opened a thread relating to it. Like I said, its only my 3rd argument here in 320+ posts, so I dont think thats too bad of a record

And its "Jonny" . It doesnt matter, almost every1 gets it wrong

ooo sorry jonny!

Well, how do you think about the underage thing. I actually advised a girl of 13 year old here NOT to start giving a guy 'handjobs' My good lord!!!

When I was 13,... sounding like grandma!

I just wanted to add, not that i dont agree with all of you because i do. But, alot of these younger people and even some older, are not totally aware of the risks involved. They either weren't told, didn't care, or didn't find the information they needed first which is sad because it's almost laziness which is another theory i have about society these days but i won't go there. You guys also may look at my posts on pregnancy and my situation about being pregnant and say i'm just like them. And yes that would be true, both me and bf are young, but we also work and knew the risks involved and i never whined about the actually pregnancy, just how to tell him. The maturity level is rising in teens nowadays, or so they think, but bout the only thing i think we can do now is try our best to inform them of what happens in "real life" and not just some fantasy they have about how things will be.

GET THE PILL! It is 99 percent effective, and u dont have to worry the nxt day!! If u are not on it, than use a condom....which sux when u been with a girl for a while. I dont suggest raw dawging random girls....

You should add 99% effective WHEN USED PROPERLY! That means taking it around the same time frame, not skipping it, making sure to use extra protection when you are on antiobiotics etc (which decrease pill's effectiveness). And some women/girls just should not be on pill as it can cause serious side effects/risks if you are in a higher risk category (I knew a girl who had a couple small strokes when she went on pill). Condoms are 97% effective WHEN USED PROPERLY and protect against STD's which the pill does not.

Get use to it ilse. This forum seems to have threads everyday from 13/14/15 asking about full sex, oral, everything. Its shocking the amount of young people getting involved in sexual relationships. When I was 13/14 I wasent even thinking about sex with girls. Yeah I started finding them attractive, but I didnt think that I had to get laid asap, I was too busy playing football. Lost my virginity at 17. Felt like a good time. Myself and the girl were very mature about it, used protection and had fun.

What i find hard to understand also is that amazingly theres many people out there who know u have to stick part A into part B, yet don't seem to understand the consequences of it. I would of thought it was quite obvious. If they understand how to have sex, surely they know how babies are made?

You can blame sex education, and I must admit my school gave none, but I still managed to learn everything from films (normal films ) i.e. sex led to some1 getting pregnant and learnt a lot of sex education from such magazines as FHM. Now im sure most people see films and most young guys and girls read this stuff, so how they know how to do it but not understand the consequences mystifies me.

I was so surprised when I was 15 I knew so much, yet most of my friends seem to know nothing e.g. They thought it was ok to have sex without a condom as long as they didnt ejaculate in them. Its common mistakes like this that plague our countrys with underage pregnancies and STD problems.

Maybe we need a drug that stops pregnancies til a couple agree to have a child

I was raised Christian, and lost my virginity when I was 20 with my first bf. We had good sex education at school and my parents, well, it's sort of a tabooo to have sex before marriage, but they told me everything I needed to know.

No, when I was 13 I wasn't interested. I was kissed for the first time when I was 10 and I found it too gross for words. I had my first bf when 15 and we didn't go further than kissing. Innocence haha!

I wonder about the ejaculation thing. How can people be so misinformed??? It IS dangerous!

And: unsafe oral sex is unsafe for the 'giver' (and for the receiver when the giver has herpes on the lips!). Most people don't know that you can get aids by giving unprotected head, e.g. when your gums are bleeding. Gonorrea can also occur in your throat, and herpes both on the mouth and down there.

Here in Holland, we have great education. The warnings are all over the place and on tv. We seem to be 'old' in starting having sex. We are a fairly tolerant land, as opposed to say, Britain (sorry if I step on some toes here). In Britain, they still have an amazing number of unwanted teen pregnancies. Why? Because it is a taboo?? The same holds for softdrugs. I studied in Italy for a while, and more people are smoking pot there than here in Holland. All tourists come here to buy softdrugs, and think we use them all the time. But because it is 'allowed', I think less people want to. I don't know. Force of the forbidden fruit?

Ilse.

I have to add my own 2 cents..lol. I agree with just about everyone here. The big excuse that I hate hearing is that stopping foreplay etc, and putting on a condom, ruins the "mood". I can assure you that it does not. Think about it....that can be part of the foreplay, part of the fun. I was with a guy for 5 years, and we NEVER had unprotected sex, even though I was on the pill. I think that if ppl cannot TALK about sex, whether it be about testing/history/wants and needs etc, then you shouldn't be doing it.

I just want to comment on the "pulling out" method of birth control or basically "not ejaculating inside her."

I know this is not a reliable form of birth control, whoever thinks this is safe is very misinformed. However, it brings a thought to my mind. When my friend was dating her ex boyfriend, they would have sex all the time. And when I say all the time, I mean ALL the time. I couldnt even go over either of their houses anymore in fear I would walk in on them. They did it everywhere; on the bed, kitchen table, couch, reclining chairs, floor, bathroom.... you name it, they did it.

I'm serious- she would come over in the morning, they'd do it. She'd go to work and come back 5 hours later, and they'd do it again. They would do out to dinner, come home and what do ya know, they'd do it again. IT was like 3-4 times per day, EVERYDAY!

The thing that boggles my mind is that she was not on any form of birth control, and he never used condoms. When he was about to ejaculate, he would just pull out. They were doing this for 3 years, no protection at all, and not once did she get pregnant. Perhaps there was an infertility issue hear, but isnt that crazy? For sure you'd think she would get pregnant, but nope!

I'm not saying pulling out is a good method, it clearly isnt. But it looks like it worked for my friends!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

june, i hope.. that your friend's luck applies to my situation.. just once.

Yes, Jonny is rolling his eyes as he read this, but I've known my gf for a very long time, as the closest friend that I had. I had dated her friend for over 2 years, but things.. just didn't feel right the whole time. I wouldn't say it wasted 2 years of my life, but I didn't want to lose my virginity to her, yea.. I'll put it like that =\

And my current gf and I have only been a "couple" for a few months, but we are sexually active and have unprotected sex for like 3 hours.. every chance we get (her mom is like a prison warden so she doesn't get to see me too often, especially since its summer). i would never get close to ejaculating at all, i'd let her have her orgasms and what not, but i wouldn't let myself get close at all while i was inside her. but this time, I don't know, i felt the urge and i pulled out immediately. I know it's not good to have unprotected sex period, but she's clean, i'm clean and we were both virgins. the reason that we didn't use condoms is because she says it feels much better raw. she needs to go on the pill.. i guess i'll withhold on her until she starts taking it.

Ya, especially when she puts it on with her mouth! ((At least, my bf thinks so!))

And remember, it takes like 2 months to make sure the pill works for ur body!! MY first month on it, I bled for like 20 days straight, and because of that I wasnt protected, but now I'm in my second month, and everything is right on schedule, and my dr said I'm protected now.

Oral sex is just as satisfying, and no risk of pregnancy!! (If ur careful) (I'm only assuming here, considering I'm a virgin)