How do i deal?

LetsJustSay

I was dating the most amazing guy for three months. He was everything i have ever searched for in a guy. I thought things were perfect for the most part. We were such a good team and rarely fought. A week ago my dad was drunk and began talking about him, i didn't realize i hadn't hung up on our Skype call and my boyfriend heard everything. Since then things got weirder as the days past. Last night he seemed really troubled and asked to meet me at our favorite spot. He kept telling me that he could't be with me if my father hated him. I begged him to stay and just disregard what my dad was saying. He said sorry and walked out. Since then i haven't been able to stop crying. My heart truly feels broken because there is this pain in my chest and a knot that forms in my throat when i think of him. That exact moment he was trying to leave i was so scared to lose him because i realized i had just found out that i do love him. I never got to tell him that i loved him. I have never felt this hurt after a break up and its weird because i once dated a guy for three years and our break up didn't hurt like this. I'm 21 and i feel childish trying to talk to one of my friends about my heart break because it was only 3 months. Well aside from all this rambling, what i am wondering is why i feel so hurt? It feels like part of me is missing. What am i suppose to do at this point? Break ups were never a big deal for me before but for some reason i can't see myself getting through this as gracefully as i did my past break ups.

Hey there!

First of all, I'm sorry that you're going through somehting like this. It seems like you really fell for this one and it sucks that he is being like this over your father's opinion. I don't know what did your father say but was it really all not true? Maybe that's why the guy bothered so much, but I don't know about that.

Anyways, I think you handn't found someone like him before and that's why you got so attached to him but let me tell you: even if he doesn't come back to you, I can assure you that a real man will love you as same as you loved him, it'll be the one you deserve. And if this guy is walking away from you right now... I gotta tell you... He doesn't really love you, he's not "brave"/ mature enough to be there with you despite what your father thinks and you do not need someone like that, you deserve better.

It'll take time, yeah, it's not like you're going to forget everything that happened between you guys from one day to another but think about it: as bad or rude as it sounds... he left you for a very stupid reason (he was dating you, not your father), I don't mean to offend you at all but if he left because of a very stupid reason... Why are you being so stupid to care about him? Cheer up, really! You don't want a guy like that (even though you think you do).

Go out with your friends, go exercise, learn something new... Find a way to get your mind off of him. Good luck!

I'm guessing you feel so hurt because as normal, the first few months are the 'honeymoon phase', which is when EVERYTHING is great!

So, there you were, so deeply into this guy, when hell broke loose

You're BU is very recent, so it will take a while to work your way thru this. All takes time. Your heart was in it for this guy.

Am sorry to have this happen to you.

I was only with my ex 4 months and it hit me harder than any LTR ive had before.

For me I mourned all the promise we had, I felt like we hadnt even had a chance, that I had so much more to give and it was kind of likea frustration that it was over before it had even started.

But try putting the shoe on the other foot, if his dad had said all this stuff, yes you'd be really hurt but would you leave him? Probably not, you'd work through it. He has left you, he has made the choice to walk away. So he isnt that perfect for you after all. Mr Perfect wouldnt let anything come between the 2 of you.

Keep your head up, you've apologised, theres nothing more you can do. Go NC and start healing. If he has some space he may well think " perhaps I made a rash decision?". But he isnt going to do that with you still in contact.

If this guy had any plans to let you down easy, break up with you or knew that this wasn't going to last long term, this gave him a perfect chance to take the Exit door. This is what I think happened. If the guy wanted to work things thru, he would be talking to you about it rather than leaving you. If a man wanted you with that much this drama, this could of been easily taken cared of. However he saw the chance to leave and he took it. Who is to say that if your dad didn't say those things that he wouldn't of broken up with you for some other reason?

The reason why this hurts more than the last break up is because you are older now. Love has a deeper meaning than it did when you were 17 so the loss will be greater but the good times will be better. You will evolve as time goes by. You are going to look at yourself at 24 and think, what in the heck was I thinking at 21 and youll do the same when you hit 29, what was I thinking at 24 and its a never ending process. Truth is, he was not your "One" if he felt that you were his "One" he would of worked things out. Chalk this one up to a learning experience and learn from this. Don't worry, there are plenty of other perfect guys out there.

Archived