When a guy says "Call me sometime"

I say that to girls that I am interested in. Personally I agree with the poster before me. I also say that he is interested but dose not know if you like him or if you are interested in him at all. I say give him a call sometime like he said lol and find out were that takes you. Good luck and I hope that everything works out for you.

If he wants you to call him, why doesn't he just pick up the phone and call YOU?

I think what you wrote there is self explanitory. He WANTS you to call him meaning and that isnt accomplished by him calling you. He also wants you to know that you can call him and that he doesnt be the one calling you all the time. The guy is not saying blow up his phone with calls but that you shouldnt be affraid to give him a call. This statment also has to do with the particular kind of guy you are dealing with. It could be a line to just blow a girl off but you never know until you find out.

good dating ethics, bah. Why don't you ladies take a little more initiative instead of waiting around for us guys to come looking for you.

Oh, and if I tell a girl to "call me sometime", it means I want her to call me. If I feel like calling her, then I'll say "I'll call you sometime"

It could be any number of things, he could tell you to call him and see how long you wait before you do, or if you do. He could be afraid of rejection, like it has been said already, the only person who could really tell you what it means is the guy who said it.

First off, I'm a guy. Second, if a guy is interested in a girl then why is he telling her to call him? He should be calling her to set up a date.

What is, "Call me sometime" anyway? If you aren't dating a girl but both parties are "talking" then when you say this to a girl she's wondering, "Sometime? When? Just to talk? What does he mean? What does he want? Are we just friends?" Instead of being so unclear, if you want to talk to a girl then tell her, "Hey, I'll call you soon and we'll go out." That's so much more clear. That answers a lot of questions.

There are so many potential outside factors at play in this one, namely, tone, setting, conversation leading up to this statement, your past history/relationship, e.g., co-workers, friend of friends, the person's personality, etc.

Just too many variables to make a blanket generalized statement on this one. Details of a specific situation need to be provided I think as this one is very situational...

Hmmm...this reminds me of when I met the boyfriend I had when I first came to eNotalone. When we met the first time, and after talking for a couple of hours, he gave me his number and said, "Call me sometime."

I, too, wondered why he didn't ask for mine. Tradition or not, right or wrong or not, usually if a guy was interested in me, he asked for my phone number. So, this was new for me.

And I experienced all the questions and anxieties guys must feel whenever they get a girl's number! Seriously, I was asking myself the same questions..."How many days should I wait before I call," etc., etc.

Anyway, I did end up calling him, obviously, since he became my boyfriend.

Hmmm...this reminds me of when I met the boyfriend I had when I first came to eNotalone. When we met the first time, and after talking for a couple of hours, he gave me his number and said, "Call me sometime."

I, too, wondered why he didn't ask for mine. Tradition or not, right or wrong or not, usually if a guy was interested in me, he asked for my phone number. So, this was new for me.

And I experienced all the questions and anxieties guys must feel whenever they get a girl's number! Seriously, I was asking myself the same questions..."How many days should I wait before I call," etc., etc.

Anyway, I did end up calling him, obviously, since he became my boyfriend.

I'm glad your preconceptions were broken.

but you never know until you find out.

I think you nailed it. I don't think there's any way to figure it out unless you ask them. And I wonder why it's wrong to be direct like that.

There are so many potential outside factors at play in this one, namely, tone, setting, conversation leading up to this statement, your past history/relationship, e.g., co-workers, friend of friends, the person's personality, etc.

Just too many variables to make a blanket generalized statement on this one. Details of a specific situation need to be provided I think as this one is very situational...

We met through a mutual friend and he's asked me to hang out once (just me and him) and he has followed up and shown lots of interest ever since...but last night when we were hanging out with a bunch of people he saw me talking to this one guy the whole time instead of him...I am aware of the mixed messages i sent, so this morning I saw him on msn and messaged him just to say Hi. Anyway at the end of the conversation he said "call me sometime" out of nowhere....so now I'm like "Huh?? what does that mean?" lol

I always thought that "call me sometime" is just a guy's way of saying "i'm not that interested in you"

If a woman was talking to another guy the whole time instead of me, I'd definitely take that as pretty clear disinterest. No "mixed message" there. In that case, his comment was probably his way of bowing out of the situation cordially.

If you really like this guy, you need to clear up that situation ASAP and take the intiative to do so.

You should call this guy ASAP and straighten out that situation with the other guy and ignoring this guy. I would make sure he knows what was going on with that. The longer you wait, the more distance is being made between you 2 I think in a situation like this.

I agree, I wish more people would be this direct and accept people's honest feelings, instead of taking that as a sign of weakness or whatever people interpret directness as.

It may seem unconfortable because it's ambiguous as to what the guy is really thinking.

I guess you should just call him and talk about daily things like how his week's been and stuff, then get into a convo about the situation where you were talking to the other guy and apologize if he thought you were ignoring him. And ask him what he thought of that situation. Then go from there.

I always thought that "call me sometime" is just a guy's way of saying "i'm not that interested in you"

Yeah, I thought that too. It's just because normally, we don't have to be the first ones to call. That little fun task is thrown on the guys. So, when we're faced with it, we're perplexed and assume it means the worst. Simply because it's an unfamiliar situation for us.

Since I learned directly by experience that this is definitely not the case...and since you can see many male posters on here telling you it's not, either...why not give him a call? What's the worst that could happen if you do? That you go up in a puff of smoke?

Since I learned directly by experience that this is definitely not the case...and since you can see many male posters on here telling you it's not, either...why not give him a call? What's the worst that could happen if you do? That you go up in a puff of smoke?

I've done far crazier/stupider/pathetic things and I'm still here...

Just call him already!