Girls like nerdy guys ?

RufusDawes

I think you all missed the point here. He's the alpha male of this group that's why she's attracted to him. 'hes really nerdy BUT he has this big group of nerds and they all love him, they all worship him'

What does that say? That there is more than meets the eye on an attraction scale than he being a nerd, and since women's attraction triggers go up when guys start commanding authority or are in charge of something, then she may really be attracted to that and be turning a blind eye to the fact that he is a nerd.

So, I doubt she is soley attracted to him for being a nerd.

I agree that he missed the point. She didn't even say SHE worshiped him or was enamored by him. If we go by this post she only said the other nerds see him as the nerd leader. That could mean many things. Probably means he is the most outgoing nerd in this group of nerds who has the most leadership qualities. Even if she is a part of this group of nerds it does not mean she finds him sexually endearing...just that he is the leader of this group. EVERY group has someone in it that seems to be the most take charge. Even in a kindergarten group. you can tell at an early age who is alpha.

I was at a 21st tonight and I was talking a very cute and hot girl i had not seen in ages. She started telling me she plays WoW becuase she knows I played for a bit, then she told me her boyfriend plays. She says to me " hes really nerdy but he has this big group of nerds and they all love him, they all worship him".

I'm thinking maybe theres something in that.

Yes there are girls that like nerdy guys, but this isn't necessarily the case with this guy (although at least a part of it)

This one seems like it has more to do with POWER (or perceived power). what do most guys do? They give up their power by going too far trying to please a woman, buying her drinks (at the bar), paying for dates, buying gifts... doing what they can to 'roll out the red carpet' for her and bow down before her.

This guy on the other hand, he has followers... he showed her power that he had over other people, leadership, among other traits that likely missed mention in your post, to the point where she was probly trying to secure herself with him before she'll break it off with her current bf to be with him.

(I've heard this called 'swinging monkey syndrome' it's an analogy because in the forest a swinging monkey WILL NOT let go of a first branch until he's got a firm grip on the second branch... like alot of women won't break up with a guy until a suitable replacement is found.)

Even nerds can build up a high level of clout within their social groups.

Nerd to me is a PARTICULAR type of person... yes, he is devout in learning about technology, yes, he probly wears glasses, yes, he probly has a minimal social life outside of the computer. IT'S NOT these things that make a person a nerd, but those are part of what a nerd looks like... It also has to do with their voice, body language, mannerisms, and everything else that aren't inherent in a 'normal' (or whatever word is appropriate) person that likes reading. So in essense, a group of nerds may not be 100% nerds. Make sense?

Thank you for validating my idea, I have been exposed to 'players' and 'the game' for many years now (most that meet me would never believe I was once a nerd without seeing the pictures), but have come to a point where some of my ideas feel like they are far fetched, in spite of the things I've seen and experienced. It's good to have female validation of these ideas.... and so far since joining once things have all been boiled down these ideas have held true.

I think you all missed the point here. He's the alpha male of this group that's why she's attracted to him. 'hes really nerdy BUT he has this big group of nerds and they all love him, they all worship him'

What does that say? That there is more than meets the eye on an attraction scale than he being a nerd, and since women's attraction triggers go up when guys start commanding authority or are in charge of something, then she may really be attracted to that and be turning a blind eye to the fact that he is a nerd.

So, I doubt she is soley attracted to him for being a nerd.

Yeah thats exactly what I thought. She was attracted to his power and authority.

Nerds have gained popularity in the media and in fashion (ie that guy from the stupid OC show and those "I love nerds" t-shirts) actually a lot of stuff that wasn't considered popular is the cool thing now..I find it rather annoying that its considered trendy to be dorky...but i'm getting off topic.

there are different types of nerds too..there are the really smart scientific, technologically advanced types, and there are the ones with average smarts who just enjoy dorky passtimes like watching cartoons, sci fi movies, reading comics/manga, collecting toys etc...(i would be the latter and i'm a female, although i dont think i look like a nerd o_o)

eventually you're gonna realize that you want to be with someone because they're intelligent and not afraid to be themselves. I still cant help but picture a really hot guy dressed in nerdy clothes and glasses when I hear all these women saying that they love nerdy guys..haha.

Oh, and WOW and playing videogames isnt nerdy, every guy I know, nerd or not plays these games.

LOL not really but in a manner of speaking I suppose he is. I know many nerds as I am one myself and there are much more kingly nerds around.

Hahaha. I must be the Nerd in sheeps clothing then. I have Xbox Live and love Star Wars movies and used to play Dungeons and Dragons, however I have the appearance of a jock. I'm the nerd you never see coming until it is too late.

From my experience with years in IT, girls don't like nerdy guys unless they are physically attractive.

The guys that are married, their wives certainly aren't hot.

Most of these guys are very sweet and lonely but hot girls wouldn't give them the time of day. Besides why do the ugly guys always think they deserve some hot chick? I don't really see ugly girls expecting to get some hot guy.

From my experience with years in IT, girls don't like nerdy guys unless they are physically attractive.

Most of these guys are very sweet and lonely but hot girls wouldn't give them the time of day. Besides why do the ugly guys always think they deserve some hot chick? I don't really see ugly girls expecting to get some hot guy.

one day as a lion one hundred years as sheep.

So the nerds who are married don't have hot wives, eh? Where did you hear that? LOL I am married to a nerd and his friends call me "smokin". I don't think I am (i like the way I look tho, comfortable in my own skin) but they do. LOL What about the heavy kid on Amercian Idol, Chris Sligh. Not even close to classically handsome and his wife is drop dead gorgeous. And he was a nobody a couple of months ago before making it thru the auditions...what he lacks in appearance he makes up for with his wit and intelligence....

I have seen A LOT Of guys who were not lookers have gorgeous wives. I don't know where you have been looking but obviously not many places. It is all about the confidence level of the man. IT CAN DEFINITELY make up for physical shortcomings and I see this all the time.

I have never been attracted to classically handsome men. Altho the ones I am attracted to are good looking in my eyes typically other women wouldn't find them high up on the hot scale. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder dear.

Its like anything else - some men who were born plain learn to work their other attributes to the fullest and some are so good at it you don't even notice the looks all that much....

Personally I think Bill Gates is a very sexy man. That is my type LOL And it is not about his money either, I would find him attractive if he were a bartender down the street.

I don't really see ugly girls expecting to get some hot guy.

You'd be surprised. I used to get hit on by girls I didn't think were attractive all the time. In fact, I think the less attractive the girl, the more spine she has because she is probably used to rejection. I used to see guys approach girls that were way out of their league all the time too.

I guess what it comes down to is that if you don't try you will never know.

Personally I agree, and only stated what I did because of the statement that all nerds have ugly wives.

Ahhh - didn't see that one -- thanks. Certainly not true where I come from and it's sad that someone would even take the time to form that sort of judgment about an entire group of people.

Ha ha. Funny.

I've seen some pretty nerdy looking guys with hot girls - and yes, they were dating.

I've also been hit on by some pretty homely looking girls... does that mean I'm an ugly nerd? I don't think so... and if you're telling me I am, I'd have to advise you to keep silent since you've never met me in real life.

I like nerds...

I had a crush on my D&D DM for a while... hes so smart

hes not UGLY, but hes not an adonis...

I like nerds, but I HATE WOW... evil, blood sucking game...

EDIT: haaha, re reading that it came out wrong.. Im not saying im hot, but Im not bad, either

agree with 95% certainty.

Archived