IS high school where you rreally change?

omayra

Just a quick question came up, is high school really where you cahnge the way that you are as in physically and mentally?

What do you guys say, is highschool really a place where people change and they start to take form of their life?

No, I think highschool you learn a lot about life..but more changes come when you leave highschool and go out in the real world. but everyone is different. If I knew now when I was 17..I would have done alot of things different.

But physically yes. I would say most of your physical changes do happen in middle school/highschool.. as far as puberty goes.

Hey there,

Hey I am originally from New Britain CT!!! Just moved to Colorado this past summer.

I do believe you change somewhat in high school but looking back, I did most of my changing and evolving in College and Graduate School. I also grew quite a bit through experience. It is my belief that high school is a bit sheltering.

You always change...but I think the MOST change I have gone through was after high school, and even after my first university degree, where I was less worried about others, and learned what really made ME tick.

Some really heartbreaking experiences in my life in my 20's also were great periods of growth.

I look back at my high school years and think I knew so little then about who I really was about, and what life is really about!

For me high school was a time of stagnation. I found it very depressing.

Life for me got so much better after high school. I changed a lot in college.

I'd definitely say that mentally that comes after high school when you have freedom and independence.

I agree.

BellaDonna

Hey there,

Hey I am originally from New Britain CT!!! Just moved to Colorado this past summer.

I do believe you change somewhat in high school but looking back, I did most of my changing and evolving in College and Graduate School. I also grew quite a bit through experience. It is my belief that high school is a bit sheltering.

Hey!!! I am from HArtford Connecticut right now I am i senior but i am going to college in new britain i am going to CCSU this year.

Thanks for the advice. I am in high school and I just wanted to know becasue i heard that this is where you grow but i guess not i guess you really gow when you are in college. For me i think i have been changeing now that i am in high school i dont know why but what ever.

Guys thanks for the replies any more reples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I went to CCSU too, for my undergrad and grad! I really enjoyed going there, it changed so much since I have been there. Small world.

You will notice when you get to college, things will be different. No more hand-holding like you see in high school. What I loved the most about college is the freedom and independence. High school felt like a prison, I mean you needed a pass to go to the bathroom!

It is easy to get carried away with that newfound freedom so I would be careful. Some of my best years and memories are from college.

I changed a lot during high school... but it wasn't during the school years... it was the summers where I got to explore more... as it put me in college-type situations.. independance... and freedom. I changed a lot even in the past 3 months. I'm in my junior year in college... its just how much you open your mind and let things affect you that will make you change.

Don't force it, it just dawns on you... If someone invites you to do something you would never normally do, i'd suggest giving it a shot... sometimes it leads you places... and makes you rethink things.

My first big change: getting a job in high school, and consequently getting a car. The actual high school aspect of it had nothing to do with it.

My second big change: transferring to a different college after a year and a half. I'd say that one of my reasons for transferring was that I didn't see myself changing at my old college. I was stagnant...And now that I'm starting my second year here, I see how much I've changed over the last two semesters.

And then there are those experiences that can change us drastically at any time...Heck, for a lot of people their biggest change may come in their 30s when they have a child!

Physically yeah for sure but your always changing physically. Mentally no not really. I would have to say that I didn't really grow up at all in high school. I'd say that by the end ofmy first year university I started to change but that's all definatly still happening.

hey how did you change like what type of things did you do that caused you to change?

oh god. HIGH SCHOOl. i don't even want to think about high school. it was a time of misery, depression, and pure hell. i was so unhappy and miserable in high school. everyone at school had pegged me as someone i wasn't. and i couldn't seem to escape that role even though i knew that was NOT me and that they didn't know or get me AT ALL.

i mean everyone thought i was this nerdy bookworm who got great grades and knew nothing about life. and that just wasn't/isn't/hasn't even been true. i do love reading, striving for achievement, getting good grades, going to good schools BUT the thing is, i also love good times, fun, talking, music, living, beaches, an SOO much of life.

i could not breathe in high school. i couldn't be an ounce of myself. People had this expectation of who i was and THEY wanted ME to be the way they perceived i was. and i was SO SURE that i WAS NOT who they thought i was.

it was like being in prison. it was like being a fish in a goldfish pond with worms and knowing that there is a great beautiful lake out there but being stuck in that freakin' pond. it was awful.

life begins AFTER high school. i don't know where the american media gets the portrayl of high school as this time of malibu, o.c., hollywoodesque teenager high live. seriously.

if i had knew then what i knew now......i wouldn't get those people from high school a second glance. and you know what? now i don't. i grew up and realized i was better than them.......ALL ALONG. i realized that im smart, have a great personality, im actually PRETTIER than MOST of the people i graduated with, and i like who i am.

i sound angry don't i? well, i am. "THEY" had NO RIGHT to peg me and label me the way i was put down. i always knew i was better than that and it took me getting out of high school to really grow.

it was great. you see the popular, beautiful people.....you look at them now.....not popular, not goodlooking at all....didn't go to great colleges....going to average jobs, married, with kids, no goals. AWESOME. i can't tell you what a good feeling it is to look at the people who thought they were hot stuff and who thought you were nothing......to look at them and realize i don't have a shred of respect for them. AH. REDEMPTION.

Mentally? One of my best friends died freshman year at USC from our partying and I don't know it just kind of made me realize that the way my life was going wasn't really workin out for me.

Physically? I just started playing varsity sports.

OMG I am sorry to hear that. Yeah it is true I also kinda came to find out that my high school years are not that good. I think tha college will probably be better. I hope that they will be better. Like you people have told me, I think I can change in college more.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived