Starting to date again, but too soon?

This guy has liked me for over a year and is all gung-ho about dating me. We hung out for a few weeks...never kissed or anything. Last night we went out and I ended up staying at his place. (doh!) Oops.

His friends say he is REALLY into me, but I am at the stage where I just don't know if I am ready to date. Sad thing is, this new guy is great! Timing just sucks! We were cuddling in his bed and I started to cry. (Yeah, you can tape "Loser" accross my forehead!) He asked if he did anything wrong, and of course he didn't.

Bah. I wish I could just get over my ex already!!

I'm in the same boat. I'm on my 4th date with this great girl, but I'm not ready either. She knows my situation and has been very understanding and awesome, but I know it will get old.

Take it slow, maybe a little slower than staying at his place. I made out with the girl I am seeing last week and FREAKED OUT afterwards. Major panic attack. Luckily I held it in until I was driving away.

Take it slow or you will get hurt, or hurt this guy. Take it easy!!

People, I feel your pain. I have been divorced 15 months and still cry and freak out. I ,do however, have a great girlfriend that has saved my life. You have to keep living after break-up. Date, feel, wonder, take chances, it is a hard up hill fight to feel "normal" again. Just be honest with the people you get close to.

i'm in the same situation..

i think that what you really have to do is completely separate in your mind the two things that are going on here: interest in a new guy, and still getting over the old guy. they are two separate parts of your life, and don't the bad shadow the good...just let the good help to push out the bad.

i would say spending the night isnt the best idea...i've noticed that the times when it hurts the most is when you feel like it should be more intimate than it is, because you are so used to the other person-so, for example, waking up in the morning next to a new person will feel strange, because thats something that's intimate and perhaps you aren't ready for....but in your mind, you think, if i were waking up next to my ex....but that's not really the case. it's simply that you were with your ex LONGER, and thereforeeee had more intimacy...if that makes any sense.

i don't know if that's the type of thing that you're dealing with, but that's what i've found

stay strong, you will love again