Do all guys feel like this?

I was just talking to a friend, and shes gotten engaged to this guy shes met up with twice or so...its an arranged sort of thing with the families, happens quite a lot in their society.

And apparently shes getting to know him now, and they talk a lot on the phone.

ANd he actually told her that she should lose some weight. My friend is hardly a few pounds overweight...maybe a bit like Hilary duff but before she lost all that weight..do you remember her size then?

Anyways, what shocks me is that they barely know each other, and he tells her that she needs to pull down. Do all guys think like this? Even if shes a little chubby?

If thats the case, I need to hit the gym ASAP!!

Most of the men I've dated and most of the men I know prefer thin women (I am thin and always have been). Having been borderline anorexic many years ago I promised myself I would never date - or would stop dating - a man who commented on how much I eat, what I eat, or whether I need to lose weight. Yes, even though I am 5"2 (and a half!) and 111 pounds such comments have been made from time to time.

My boyfriend would never make such a comment to me, loves to get me my favorite desserts, etc. and at the same time thoroughly supports my need to get to the gym or to eat healthful foods when I feel the need to "watch" or to improve my eating habits.

Nope, guys usually do not like skinny girls. Recently, I read online that the most attractive Body Mass Index of a women from a man's prospective is around 21. That's probably roughly what Hilary Duff was before she became super-skinny and in my point of view, unattractive. I used to be underweight, and my boyfriend urged me to gain weight. Now that I have, he loves how I look, because he has more of me to love, he says. Lol. He also likes the fact that I have boobs now, lol. But really, he used to be very concerned about my health, besides the fact that I was too thin and it looked "skeletal" as he put it. Now that I'm healthy, we both seem to like how I look lots more!

Oh oh oh, and by the way: More than likely the statement directed at your friend to lose weight by this guy is a CONTROL MECHANISM. I'd advise your friend to look from someone else, even if it is an arranged ordeal... all I see from this prospective is an arranged unhappy future if she marries him.

Well, I know I don't like chubby, it's gross. But it depends on your definition of chubby.

A couple years ago, I used to think Hilary Duff was INCREDIBLY sexy. I mean, wow. I don't know what she looks like now - I'm not a fan lol. But I remember seeing pictures of her a couple years ago and thought she was near ideal in every respect physically.

I remember one girl I dated a couple years ago. She was VERY nicely shaped, but not what one would call super thin. I would've considered her 'moderate.' Not fat, but not skinny. She had meat in all the right places, and was very curvacious, without being overweight. But when my mom saw her (she told me afterward) she thought she was a little on the chubby side. Her words: "I was surprised I thought you didn't like girls that were chubby." I was floored. I'm a very thin guy myself and am not at all attracted to overweight women, but when she said that I couldn't believe it. I didn't think she was heavy at all. More like, incredibly hot.

So it just goes to show that what one considers chubby is not what all would. I couldn't give you a BMI or number in pounds of what I like. It's so hard to say. I would much rather date someone petite than heavy though (but to consider someone with Duff's former build as 'chubby' is a bit much, I think.) Well, to each his own...

When men say they prefer "curvy" women, what they actually mean is "thin but with big boobs"

More like hourglass-figured. Curvy hips and rear often catch men's eyes as well.

I can't remember the exact number, but the ideal waist-hip ratio for a woman was something like 0.8 or was it 0.7? I forget. I'm sure many of you have heard this before.

I was just talking to a friend, and shes gotten engaged to this guy shes met up with twice or so...its an arranged sort of thing with the families, happens quite a lot in their society.

And apparently shes getting to know him now, and they talk a lot on the phone.

ANd he actually told her that she should lose some weight. My friend is hardly a few pounds overweight...maybe a bit like Hilary duff but before she lost all that weight..do you remember her size then?

Anyways, what shocks me is that they barely know each other, and he tells her that she needs to pull down. Do all guys think like this? Even if shes a little chubby?

If thats the case, I need to hit the gym ASAP!!

Yes. Its proven healthy height to weight ratio is a prime consideration in attraction.

All the men I've dated have loved my curves. And skiny with big boobs, I am not!

Whats the culture that they are part of like? Personally, if a man ever told me to lose weight, I would and it would probably be 160lbs of uselessness. However, if her family is expecting her to marry him, if she has a problem or thinks he might not be such a good partner, what can she do about it?

Without and evidence of other misdeeds, I'd likely chalk it up to being tactless but would keep an eye out for any other qualities that hinted at a controlling personality.

To state the obvious, of course not. People have different opinions on everything, including weight. If you looked hard enough, you could find a guy that thinks your friend is too skinny and needs to gain weight. I believe it is called a "bbw fetish".

Everyone has unique opinions in everything. But for me, as much as it's nice to watch skinny girls with big boobs type of people out there, I really prefer them to have some meat on bones. And how much depends on her build. It's actually quite hard to define 'a big extra', but guess you get the idea.

Just for the heck of it, I threw in some numbers I thought were appealing (just a guess, not an absolute), for a woman's height and weight. Turns out - and this could be entirely wrong - my ideal BMI for a girl is between 21.5 and 22.3. Interesting, considering how much lower mine is.

This time last year I weighed 5 1/2 stone (was a UK size 6), now I weigh just under 9 stone (am a UK size 12) I was incredably ill and now i'm halthy again. My boyfriend at the time, L, (now my good friend) told me that i was way too skinny and that I was out of proportion, and that I looked anorexic.

He now says that he's way more sexually attracted to me as I'm in proportion and have curves. He says that I look healthy and he likes me with abit of meat on me. But I'm not so sure. I've put on alot of weight since coming out of hospital in September, and I personally feel fat. I'm not having a go at curvasious women, its just I was so used to being that thin and being able to fit into tshirts I wore when I was 10, am now 17, that I don't feel attractive.

I personally go for guys that are built like walls. L was 6ft 3ins and weighed between 14 and 17 stone, and my new guy A is also 6ft 3ins and weighs 14 stone. Didn't go for A based purely on his looks, but its amasing what kind of build your attracted to.