There must be something wrong with me...

So I was dating a girl for almost 4 years and she broke up with me for various reasons. This was back in early november. I went through a very difficult time with the breakup, and ended up going NC after new-years. 1 month ago, a good friend of mine had her boyfriend of a year and a half break up with her. I was there for her through the whole thing, but after about a week, we ended up dating. I know it seems really soon for her, but she's been very happy and it isn't a rebound for her as far as anybody can see.

My ex contacted me last week (breaking NC) because her boyfriend told her that he still had feelings for a girl from back home (we're all in college). He told her that he still wants to be with her but he likes this other girl too. I don't know the full details on the situation, but I was surprised in the break of NC. She told me that she needed somebody to talk to, etc. etc. I have only spoken to her a couple times, and nothing was strange about them or anything like that.

What my problem now is, is that I keep thinking about her. I would never cheat on my current girlfriend, and I am very happy being with her. I don't even think that my ex has had any thoughts about getting back together with me, and I don't think I would get back together with her right now either. Is this normal? I feel like such a jerk, but things just keep reminding me of my ex now. (moreso things w/ my current relationship rather than different items, etc. ) for example going on dates to places that I used to go with my ex, etc. I just don't know what to do, if I should do anything, I guess I just was hoping somebody could tell me if this is normal and if I should be doing anything about this. Sorry if this is vague, I just have a lot going through my head right now...

-AMG

Thanks for the suggestions, I actually talked with my girlfriend last night about this, she was upset about a similar matter, and we both ended up saying that we both have worries that we'll end up hurting each other, or that we'll end up hurt. We've both been through an almost identical situation, and both are currently in LC with our exs. We almost decided to go back to just being friends, but ended up deciding that we were happy together, and we would just take things one day at a time and see how things turn out.

-AMG