to: women...how do you evaluate?

Hypothetical case: When you are bragging to your girlfriends about someone you have recently started dating...what qualities to do you emphasize?

The main idea that im trying to get to here is that someone who has started dating a person that they like will tend to want other women(/friends/men) to evaluate him/her highly.

Which qualities are they?

When you gossip with your best girl friend about your new boy, what conversation takes place(assuming you want her to like him)?

How about when you meet a girl who you just merely know, what brief conversation do you have that makes them positively/negatively evaluate your significant other?

edit: And if you heard these from one of your friends...what qualities seemed more important to you as far as hearing a positive/negative attribute and negatively/positively evaluating them.

i.e. "Oh he's so cute and charming...*blah blah blah* but he smokes"...

some might say smoking is a turn on, most smoking a turn off....which effets you more?

how do you evaluate things you hear positively/negatively towards a new potential suitor to your best friend?

most times women will tend to try and get their best friend to like their new boyfriend (the same goes with men, but I can't start a new topic til this is off the front page)

Just curious, no judgement will be passed through these doors let it out ! it's just girl talk !

For Curiosities Sake,

holyohio

Let me see, my sister just started dating someone and she was GUSHING. Here are some of the things she said:

- he was really into her

- great sense of humor

- book smart but with social skills

- great conversationalist

- good-looking

- mature

- popular amongst her friends (good sign that he is a nice guy)

At this point in my life - and for the last 8 years or so - I don't need for my friends to approve of who I am dating and I don't need to gush, particularly because I think it can "jinx" things and also because it might give the impression that a great first or second date is something to gush about as if it were some sort of accomplishment.

It always surprises me how, even though I never ask for feedback when my friends meet the new person I am dating I always get it anyway - and it has always been highly positive. If I were asked about what I liked about the new guy I likely would emphasize how he treats me, his personality/sense of humor and, if appropriate, how romantic/what a great kisser he is!

How into me he is, the sweet things he does...

I might brag a bit about himbeing good in bed and having great arms or somthing, but 98% of bragging is about his personality, how he does all these small yet fantastic things that make my heart pop...

Sorry.

Just to throw in a man's perspective...I always see and talk about a woman's sense of humor first. A good sense of humor is great, a lack of one is a buzzkill!

Agree with the sense of humor, it's essential. Neccesary to balance the confusion between the sexes...

Apologies for thinking you were a girl poster, but owl avatars are....kinda...girly?! sorry !

I might brag a bit about himbeing good in bed and having great arms or somthing, but 98% of bragging is about his personality, how he does all these small yet fantastic things that make my heart pop...

for the sake of science(however naivly) can you please elaborate "into me" so we can be on the same page?

some may define it as how acutely he responds to your wants/needs or how he responds to yours, but we need a concrete definition to help us.

we can do a how men evaluate women at the end of this if anyone is interested and can make a new topic, i just cant cause I have a topic on the 1st page.

for the sake of science(however naivly) can you please elaborate "into me" so we can be on the same page?

some may define it as how acutely he responds to your wants/needs or how he responds to yours, but we need a concrete definition to help us.

Just how much he shows me he likes me...

Pretty much the same for me. Even though I like to focus more on the cute things the guy does, my friends' first question is always about size.

Pretty much the same for me. Even though I like to focus more on the cute things the guy does, my friends' first question is always about size.

if that is true of the gradient (which I will assume it is) ...what do you tell other girls?

1.)the truth

2.) bigger than said

3.) smaller than said?

If I was asked I would find the question rude and offensive no matter what the truth was.

then in your case it would be the answer, that is, that what you voluentarily give up, not the question, that offends you.

what do you volunetarily give up, you get it?

As far as sex goes, I would not talk about it - to me sex is private between two people. I would say it is good and make the topic drop. That goes for size, frequency, etc too.

I do gush about fun dates or things we did together. I talk about how he makes me laugh or how considerate and thoughtful he is. I talk about how he appreciates the little things I do for him, and how happy I feel with him.

I am a bit reserved when talking about a new relationship, because my last one went very wrong, but I do feel happy and do feel cautiously optimistic that I have found a winner this time.