College Dating?

well, depends on the couple and what you are looking for. some people date seriously in college, and for others it is all casual. I don't think that calling a girl a day earlier than the intended day is too early. if anything, i think it's too late! (unless you are really casual). if a guy didn't call me a few days in advance, always waited until the last minute, he would never have a date with me because i always plan my schedule a few days in advance.

Asking several days ahead would be a good habit to get into, and it's polite. For example, asking on Monday for the following Saturday.

People make plans. If you ask at the last minute it looks like you are flakey or that you're only asking because you had a last minute cancellation.

I think calling mon-wed for a saturday night date is good. thursday is sort of ok, but by wednesday is preferable.

i remember one guy in college who kept calling me the day before, or even the same day to ask me out for a date. I kept telling him nicely, "thanks, but I already made plans! maybe some other time." Finally, when he finally asked me out 2 weeks in advance, he flaked on me the same day! he called me and told me he was in a bad mood because he had a fight with his roommate. Well, that was the end of that relationship! he realized the next day that he majorly messed up, but whatever, i was over him.

For instance, I met a girl today and got her number. I should call her tomorrow, but I was planning for a date on Wednesday to correlate the possibility of watching LOST together.

But if I am calling tomorrow then I should plan for Thursday? I don't know about Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night. I have to work.

The only problem I see is work and another problem I see is trying to figure out a set date on the phone call, I don't want to lose my dignity at the sametime, going through all the days of the week.

For instance, I met a girl today and got her number. I should call her tomorrow, but I was planning for a date on Wednesday to correlate the possibility of watching LOST together.

But if I am calling tomorrow then I should plan for Thursday? I don't know about Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night. I have to work.

The only problem I see is work and another problem I see is trying to figure out a set date on the phone call, I don't want to lose my dignity at the sametime, going through all the days of the week.

why not find out your work schedule for the rest of this week, and then call her? if you just met her today, you might want to say, "hi - sorry this is such short notice, but do you want to watch LOST on wedesday together?" (if she is into that show - i'm obsessed by the way!) I don't think there is anything wrong at all with saying, 'hey - do you want to go out this week? I have the following days open....." and then try to coordinate your schedules.

however, i don't know that watching tv together is a great first date, you want to be able to talk together. however, if you watched it, and then talked about it together afterwards, that would be good. I would be beyond annoyed though, if a guy tried to talk to me about lost while we were watching it!!!!!

I'm going to think on that LOST advice annie; it sounds good but its all assuming she likes lost is open on wednesday, but my work schedue is me working Tuesday night tomorrow, Friday all day with a 3 hour break, Saturday with a 3 hour break, all day, and Sunday all day with a 3 hour break.

ok, then call her right now and ask about wednesday, if she says no to that day but would like to see you, suggest thursday or monday. i don't think she will think you are desperate. desperate would be going through every day of the week

What would you think if I first asked you out for coffee, then later in the day at night, asked if you would like to watch LOST on Wednesday? Assuming she watches LOST. Doesn't that seem kind of clingy?

Or could I just call tomorrow, Tuesday, point the conversation towards LOST and ask to watch together on Wednesday, if that doesn't work out then suggest the Thursday and then say I'M REALLY FLEXIBLE ON MY SCHEDULE?

just call her up, chit chat, ask if she likes lost, if yes, ask if she wants to watch it with you. i think coffee first is good. i dont think you should say you are 'really flexible' on your schedule, as you aren't.

So you are saying call her right now? Its night but not that late, not even 10.

Point the conversation towards LOST? If that fails, ask for coffee out Wednesday anyway? If that fails go to Thursday? If that fails go to Monday?(I hope it doesn't go all the way to Monday)

If LOST is her show, then ask for coffee out first on Wednesday? Then ask if she would like to watch it together later that night?

lol thats my outline for the conversation, but is that what you're saying to do? I don't want to screw up. I really hate making brash decisions without any thought, I have to think about this.

I hate it when you call the first time and it rings for awhile and then you get sent to voice mail. Then you really have no choice but to leave a message. Then you're forced to have to wait for them to call you back. If they don't return the call, then you must assume they forgot about you and you have to move on.

Theres just a lot of things that have to happen to make things work. It almost it seems like everything has to run smoothly step by step. There can't be any what ifs.

emit, don't get yourself all worked up over nothing. you need to just ask her to hang out. you don't have to go on a date. most women in college don't want to hear the word date. hang out is the easiest way to go. if a relationship springs, awesome. but don't get worried if she doesn't call you back immediately.

Whew. I'm having a case of happiness right now.

Yeah!!

It's nice to see something good happening to someone once in a while! It almost makes me believe there is hope for me. But whatever.

This topic's about you; getting out there, grabbing ahold of your life, improving things!

Kudos.

Good for you remmus!

Btw, you are psyched up today Wil. Just the right attitude to go 'hunting'. You might want to try your luck today?

Nah, I'm just incredibly happy for other people.

I figure, just because I am not happy/cannot be happy, doesn't mean I can't share someone else's joy!

I'm all for trying my luck, but somehow I don't think the odds are stacked in my favour. I like it better when the odds are an even 50/50.