we broke up, and i'm mad at him.

Ok, so my bf and I broke up, which is a good thing. It was a LDR and it was getting really hard. I don't understand why it ended, things were going sooooooooooooooooo goood and then all of a sudden this weekend he said he didin't want to come out, and he was really quiet.

I asked him if I should be concerned about anything. He avoided the question, so I re-asked him. He said "maybe". I asked him to tell me what was up, and he wouldn't. He kept saying "i don't know, i don't know, i don't know" every answer to my question was "I don't know", so I eventually said "well, from what i'm getting out of you, i don't think you really want this. But when it comes to me, I really don't want to be with a guy that doesn't know if he wants to be with me or not, so I think we should end things here and you can take time to think and figure out what you really want"

It was sooo annoying. I still don't know why. I don't know WHY he all of a sudden changed his mind. All I knew, is that he was confused about his feelings towards me, and that I deserve to be with someone who KNOWS they want to be with me. I'm feeling ok about the breakup - i just wish I had a reason. It was a real pain to even try to get the breakup out of him. I knew something was off and I knew he wanted to do it, but he freakin wouldn't stop with the "i don't know". At the end of the conversation, I said goodnight. He said " I will probably talk to you tomorrow". mod edit????? I don't want to speak to this guy again. I deleted and blocked him off MSN and i changed the batteries in my call display so i'm not going to answer his calls. If i do pick up when he calls I'm going to say " Why are you calling?? We broke up"

I think i'm giving up on dating.

Well, actually you broke up with him. Perhaps that is what he wanted to happen but it may not have been. He may just have had great difficulty articulating what was wrong. It might have been better if you had simply said 'take a couple of days to think about what's wrong and let me know so we can talk about it.'.

It's not too late for that approach now.

sometimes people are cowardly when they break up... they don't want to say the real excuse, such as found someone else or whatever... they are afraid of emotional outbursts or crying or whatever, so they just kind of weasel out...

anyway, good riddance to the weasel! at least if it was an LDR, you don't have to deal with him around you all the time while you're healing...