psychological terms for reliving the same relationship

People diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PSTD) can relive traumatic events and repeat negative behavior patterns in an attempt to gain control of the experience (i.e., they keep repeating something bad/dangerous because of a warped attempt to de-sensitize themselves to it and feel they now control the situation and emotions).

having said that though, there are LOTS of people who don't have PSTD, who are just jerks or abusers who will use any excuse they can think up to justify their own behavior, and to provide a excuse for why they have behaved badly, when they really have no excuse...

so if you are involved with someone who is abusive, for any reason, you need to INSIST on them getting therapy at a minimum for that person, to diagnose any potential problems and learn anger management. but if the person is violent, first get yourself to a safe place, then talk to people about the abuse...

It sounds like it could be "Functional fixedness" which according to link removed, "An inability to perceive a new use for an object previously associated with some other purpose; adversely affects problem solving and creativity." Except that you would refer to "object" as "person."

I would personally describe this as misappropriated passive aggressiveness.

I'm not a professional, this is only a guess.