Sometimes i think i think to much so maybe if i tell u and u tell me what u think.

I have been with my guy for 6 months and we are very much in love. It's long distance and that works fine for me on the whole i am very independent and enjoy my friends and having my own space. We have promised to be totally faithful so i don't worry to much about that.

We have been having a long distance thing and it works well but i must admit that sometimes i don't like the having to plan all the time but the 4hrs distance has been ok we have weekends and hols together.

My problem with it is, well firstly he is a soldier and he is going to Afgan in may for six months. we'll have all of april together and the he should have a week in the middle so it'll be like 3 then 3 so i feel fine about that he's more worried cos i am in england and might have opportunities which i will not take but i do like to go out. i start studying nursing in sept altho the decision of where i could go is still open my favourite would mean we would be on opposite coasts of britain him west and me east so six hours (apart instead of 4 and his parents live near me at the mo so its an added reason for him travelling) and the course is 3 years long. sometimes i wonder if it is possible to survive this. i could go to uni closer but i don't like it as much but it would be better for my relationship. He says he wants me to be happy and we would see each other at least once a month when he's not on tour but i worry it might become a chore and we'll fizzle out do i want it to work long term but it is getting serious quickly and we have to spend a lot of time thinking in the future and i'd much live in the present with him without worrying about the future and with lots of sex.

Actually after this essay i don't really have a point just want some thoughts and if any1 is going through it or got through it and survived. I just want us to find happiness, well i suppose every1 does.

I'm in an LDR too and I know how hard it is. I think the key to them is that you have an plan to eventually be together. Even if it's in 3 or 4 years...at least you're working toward that and it gets you through.

I'd go to the university that is right for you. If you go to one you don't like just to be near him...you could end up resenting him.

Well its an oppertunity for you to focus on your study. However the only thing i demand (if i could demand anything) is that you stay loyal to him, no messing around with other guys , then when he comes back make sure he never leaves again, and end the LDR and make it a SDR , come together and life forever happy. This because you can plan ahead all you want , but if he gets shot in Afghanistan then *poof* all your plans will be highly disrupted. Not that im saying you should worry 1000% of the time, but i would just try to keep in contact with him during that period, send him nice stuff on a regular basis if you can to support him. Don't let him down or yourself.

Sounds like you 2 are very happy together as of now, and your main worry is time. But like Daligal said, you've got a plan & a timeline, and I think that helps so much!

My situation is similar: right now we're 2 hours apart, but this summer he's supposed to do an internship, and so far it's looking like he might have to go out of state, and I'll be working all summer. The following summer I could be moved anywhere in the state for school for 9 months to a year. But again, once we get those things taken care of we're good to go. =)

Hang in there!