My friend is really starting to get on my nerves.

I have but one female friend but I fear that she may not be my friend for much longer. It's a slightly long story but I'll try to keep it concise and to the point.

I met her when I started university and we seems to get on very well. She had a boyfriend at the time but I didn't really care until she told me that they were through so I tried to cheer her up, allthough she didn't seem too bothered. She told me that on a monday, we finished college for christmas the thursday after that and to be nice I decided to drive her there (we live fairly close to each other and we're on the same course). When driving home I asked her if she wanted to come back to my house for some tea and she said yes. Now my parents were away so we were on our own, we watched a movie later and she was sitting almost on-top of me. I'm not used to being with women but I didn't mind her until the movie was over. So we ended up making out and I wasn't too happy that I did as I really didn't want her in that way. Anyway, I didn't ask her out or anything but I drove her home then I drove myself home and went to sleep.

The next day we were back in college I felt a bit weird around her but it wasn't so bad. We were talking fine and I was thinking about asking her out. However, she tells me the next day that she had spent the whole night with her "ex" at a movie and a gig. I was taken back by this as she had told me, a meer six days earlier, that they were through. It turned out that they were only fighting and not really broken up at all. In other words, she cheated on her boyfriend with me. I was and still am annoyed by this as I would never kiss another guys girl on pourpose but she had told me they were finished. This is where things started to get nasty.

I took her up on the fact that I was annoyed that she never told me the thruth but she tried to tell me that she loved him and that she was confused but she never once asked me how I felt. This put a dent in my respect for me but I just shook my head and told her it was her choice. I felt both annoyed as I had helped a girl cheat on her bf, I'm normally a very honest guy, and I also felt a bit un-wanted but Im used to the latter. That was the end of that really.

From that point on, I've treated her cooly. I definitly don't trust her but I still try to help her with her studies and I have driven her to college to be nice to her. I'm not a social guy and one day, after I had driven her to class, we were talking and she called me a "loner". I was hurt by this but I let is go. She also passes comments on how I love games, calling me "sad" and "weird". I never took her up on this and I have not yet.

On tuesday, I drove out to college but I took a different route that I normally take and I didn't pick her up. Her bus didn't come and she gave out hell to me when she found out I had driven. I told her that I wasn't her personal driver and it wasn't my fault that the bus didn't come so she went off in a huff. Afterwards I felt bad as it was a bitter cold morning and she had been out in the cold so I called her to appologise and I gave her a lift the next day. I know this was a bit spinless but I also know that I really don't want to fight with her as I'm worried that she could spread roumors about me to her girlfriends in college and that is something I want to avoid.

This morning, I met her to get the bus with her. She wasn't very talkitive as she usually is but we were exchanging a few words. Just as a joke I said something about her being behind in maths in a silly way but she took offence even though she has pass many, many more comments to me in "good humour". A bit later, we were sitting waiting for lectures to start and I was writing some music down but I had to draw my own staves. I said "god dam it, why does the shop here not sell manuscript paper!" and she turned to me and said "god!, I'm gonna sit somewhere else, you're pissin' me off". At that point, I just turned to her and said "listen, I'm getting sick of your attitude towards me, I go out of my way to help you and you treat me like an expectation". She then got annoyed and started listing all my personality flaws. Apparenty, I'm "arrogant, unfriendly, rude....", I don't believe I am any of these and certainly not to her. We went on a bit but she left after the lecture and I haven't talked to her since.

That's it so, I know it's a long post but really I don't know how to handle this. Am I being mean to her, I don't see how, or is it time I found a new friend?? Thank you.

You need a break to realise what eachother represent in the others lives.

If she starts thinking about all you have done for her she will most likely miss you and want to appologise.

It all depends on the strength of your friendship in the past.

Stop talking to her, don't be her driver.

There's a chance she'll only appologise because she wants lifts, don't fall into that trap. She'll treat you badly again.

As far as you're concerned I believe you're doing the right thing, but try to watch out on the comments that could be interpreted as being rude.

I think you need to consider how good of a friend you truly believe this girl to be because to me she sounnds like a right witch with a capital B. She sounds like she's using you and that is in no way fair to you. As for the "rumour" spreading I think that is a little junior high and if she does stoop to do that then you shouldn't have wanted her as a friend in the first place.

Take a step back and re-evaluate your friendship with this girl. Unless she comes out with a damn good apology i think it's time to meet some new people at college... after all that's one of the best parts is it not?

I think you need to consider how good of a friend you truly believe this girl to be because to me she sounnds like a right witch with a capital B. She sounds like she's using you and that is in no way fair to you. As for the "rumour" spreading I think that is a little junior high and if she does stoop to do that then you shouldn't have wanted her as a friend in the first place.

Take a step back and re-evaluate your friendship with this girl. Unless she comes out with a damn good apology i think it's time to meet some new people at college... after all that's one of the best parts is it not?

Yea I hear you there. The thing is, she lives close to me and as we are in the same course we travel the same way to college almost every day so it's very difficult for me to avoid her.