valentine confusion..

By sending a rose to a girl, does it mean that YOU ABSOLUTELY LIKE HER,

OR,

can it also be as a sign of friendship..

ccuz i 'm in this situation...

been trying to get to talk to a girl for over a yaer and finally, last week, we had a chat..

basically,. i like her (as a person mostly - not so much as love-if that makes sense) and though she had a bf last year, i am pretty sure, she is single ri8 now (though i wouldnt say for sure.. - i heard she still talks to him even though he's left school..- could be friends..)

anyway, i had given her a christmas present last month, and ever since after that, she has started to talk to me..( the present was a watch..), for which she thanked me the nxt day and told me that she liked it..

wel, last week we saw each other after a month's holiday and when we talked (just the 2 of us), she spoke pretty normallly.. (laughed here and then and talked bout her holiday and exams and stuff..)

the thing is valentines day is cuming up and i dont know what to do..

i would be quite happy with a relationship that stays as friendship and nothing more..

but by giving her a flower, will she take it differently???

or what type of flower should i give her??

(isnt a red for love and pink for friends of sumthing like that??)

Valentine's day is the special day for lovers and since the intention is not to be her lover, I suggest not to do it. However, adding a note to specify your intention in this gift would be appropriate. Something like : A gift in the name of our friendship. For a great friend.

I am pretty certain that she will wonder if you are trying to get closer to her though which shouldn't cause any problem but don't ask why if she comes up and say: Well I just broke up and I can't accept these. because she might conclude with something different than what you had in mind, depending on her personality.

I don't know and I might be wrong but are you certain that this is a good investment ?

I could help you to know whether or not you're having a good deal out of this if you want and if you tell me a bit more details about that sort of relationship.

I'm wondering about that fact because it must cost you a lot if you start doing that with all of your friends...

Maybe this will help clear things up. I would make sure she is single before sending her flowers.

When giving cut roses as Valentine gifts, we adhere to a time-honored formula that takes into account rose color meanings. The formula matches a rose's color to its intended meaning as a gift. Valentine's Day is primarily a lovers' holiday, and red roses are traditionally for lovers. "Valentine roses" and "red roses" go hand in hand, even though other colors have their place on the holiday. Our close family members may also be treated to red roses for Valentine's Day, but we avoid giving roses of this color to friends on Valentine's Day -- that would simply convey the wrong meaning. The following are the meanings traditionally attached to the most popular roses, according to colors; use this list as a guide when selecting Valentine roses:

• Red roses mean romantic love; they're the "Valentine roses," par excellence.
  • Purple, coral and orange challenge red as the color for Valentine roses. The rose color meanings for these 3 are as follows
  • The specific purpose of purple roses is to signify that the giver has fallen in love with the recipient at first sight.
  • Meanwhile, coral and orange roses signal desire.

[*]The meaning of yellow roses is joy and friendship.

[*]We express our gratitude and appreciation with pink roses....

[*]While feelings of admiration and sympathy find words with roses that are light pink in color.

[*]Peach is more ambiguous, as it can signify either sympathy or gratitude.

[*]Their purity naturally enough lends to white roses the meaning of reverence and humility.

Author David Beaulie

well, i would be a bit careful if you don't want to accidentally send a message that makes her think you want to date her... as long as you've talked with her and you both know where you stand, then sending flowers is fine...

but it might confuse her because people mostly give flowers to people they are dating (or parents/sisters etc.) on valentine's day...

if you do really want to do it, then don't send roses... those are usually exchanged between lovers... give her a bouquet of mixed flowers, or daisies or something lighthearted, and tell her you're happy she's your friend in the card...

i highly doubt whatever the rose color is she'll analyze it to the point where she looks it up online. you know your level of friendship with her more than we do. you know her. i would, and i think most girls would, think that by giving me a rose you like me. if you don't want to date her, giving her a rose is like leading her on or something. give her something for valentines day thats very un-valentine-ish, if you want to give her something that means friendship and nothing more, like a cd or a gift card or a hat or something like that. rose = lovey dovey in my opinion and if you don't want to date her don't give her a rose. but are you sure you don't want to date her? i have guy friends but none of them would give me a rose, it seems that you'd only think of that if you liked her, i dunno though.

thanx guyz..

i agree and a rose is definitely out of the question..

i was thinking along the lines of a carnation - a white one..

cuz thats supposed to be about friendship..

but of course, i am not denying that i like her more than that...

its just that i CANT be more than just that..

it may be hard to see, but in a few months, we're both going off to different uni's.. and its not easy to start a relationship knowing that...

especially, since she knows that i like her (i told her last year..)...

and i want ot tell her in some wway that we can be friends,...

and this week, she is acting weird..

first, she smiles from a distance,,

then, when i try to talk to her, she just doesnt talk like last week... i mean she talked less and kept looking away, leading to long silences...