Should you expect gifts on Valentines day?

Valentines day is just another purely comercial holiday that the stores capitolize on. Yes, St Valentine was a real person, and he did some good things in his life, as well as died a poetic death. But I don't think his message had anything to do with women throwing fits and screaming and crying if they don't get roses and candy that day.

My girlfriend and I don't even celebrate it. I can show her I love her any day of the year, and in more meaningful ways then just spending money on her.

So, no. Don't let him have it if you get nothing. Valentine's day is superficial.

Just wondering if I should really let my boyfriend have it if he doesn't plan or get me anything for Valentines day. Also are guys THAT clueless that they wouldn't remember when that day was?

I personally view the position/perspective you are taking here, as being that of a passive-aggressive one. Rather than "expecting", and letting him have it if your expectations aren't met, how about you just *tell* him what you want for Valentine's Day?

My boyfriend and I arent celebrating either. He doesnt believe in it, blah blah blah. I really dont care (just because I am not about to get him anything, no $ Some people just dont do it ya know? I wouldnt let him have it or anything, agreeing with RQ and LIMT, you dont wanna start drama by trying to "test" him. If it really bothers you that he isnt making a big deal out of it then tell him straight up, but say it in a way that you tell him how you feel and what you want, dont make him feel like a bad guy ya know? Good luck hun

Just wondering if I should really let my boyfriend have it if he doesn't plan or get me anything for Valentines day. Also are guys THAT clueless that they wouldn't remember when that day was?

What are you planning for him on Valentine's Day?

Or do you think this is a day when only men should do something or get something for their girlfriends?

I dont expect flowers, or chocolates or any other kind of gift, but im secretly hoping my boyfriend will get me a card. Im not holding my breath though as he "doesnt do" cards!

Ive got him a great card, its got a strip poker game inside and you press the button and its got a wheel full of naughty forfeits haha!