Odd string of events

fox_91

I received a email on link removed last week, profile wasn't there anymore but the person gave me their email and wanted to talk. I figured why not, its just a email. So i got a email back a day later, from some chick in Russia... ok odd. she was telling me about herself and really, just telling me about herself, and how she is coming to America on a temp green card blah blah blah. Ok I'm not stupid, theres some flags going up. She even sent numerous pics of her with her friends and such. She seems like she wants to spend her time in the USA in my town, which idk why my town isn't the place i would come if i was only coming to America on a 3-6 month run.

I guess I am concerned about getting her to come to my town. I know the saying "if its to good to be true,...." bc her pics are def nice, and such. but man its so odd, how did they find me on match. BC i know if i searched all of the USA the chances of me coming up high on the list is slim to none. its just weird i guess

You have to believe that there is a high likelyhood that she just wants premanent residence. As long as you know that going in then I would not miss the opportunity. Now if you are the type of person that gets caught up and cannot control your emotions then I say you shouldnt do anything about this.

I'd be rather careful, more than likely she'll try and make a relationship with you just to ensure she can become a permenant resident within the US (or something along those lines). If your unsure, don't reply i mean i'd say go with what you feel is right, but it does sound very odd and personally i would just ignore the emails. Dating sites are a good way of making new friends and meeting people but somehow that just doesn't seem right.

Also, like you said... why would she come too your town? If it's making you think and ask questions? then it's obiously wrong, but it is entirely up too you how you wish to proceed. Have you spoken to any friends about this? getting their prespective might be useful also

Hope this helps in some way... adecentguy

Ok this is getting worse, she keeps emailing me, and telling me how she is getting ready to come to USA... she even sent me a pic of her passport and such. She asked for my number and such but I didn't tell her of course. All she would know is my email (duh) and my city. I don't even reply to her, cept to tell her that i don't think this is going to happen. She is apparently goign to send me her flight info and stuff...... idk what i should do about this, its getting way odd lol

Ok this is getting worse, she keeps emailing me, and telling me how she is getting ready to come to USA... she even sent me a pic of her passport and such. She asked for my number and such but I didn't tell her of course. All she would know is my email (duh) and my city. I don't even reply to her, cept to tell her that i don't think this is going to happen. She is apparently goign to send me her flight info and stuff...... idk what i should do about this, its getting way odd lol

If your getting uncomfortable with all of it, why don't you inform the site and see if you can get her block or something like that... maybe they might be able to be of some assistance or you could just close your account with the site and open a new one under a different name or try a different site alltogether? ... don't really know what else too suggest other than that, anyone sensible wouldn't give out their details over the interenet or ask for them... for all you know the passport she has sent you could be stolen, foarged etc and i just wouldn't trust her FULL STOP!

I don't trust her. Our email conversations have taken place over private emails so i doubt the dating site could do much. So other than knowing my email and my city, thats all she got. nothing else. I'm not even showing interest when i reply to her to tell her to stop, but she sends more. then the last straw was today when she asked me to western union her 1000$ to get her ticket that she didn't know she needed to buy before getting her visa..... yeh... I'm not stupid, it just all went so fast that it was hard to handle it all.

..Those people are tricky. One day, you'll wake up and you'll be so wasted on alcohol and drugs...

Its not fair to use a blanket statement to describe a group of people. I know a lot of Russians who are honest and upright. It smacks of prejudice.:sad:

..she asked me to western union her 1000$..

When you get mails from someone asking for money when you haven't even met yet, then you know you're dealing with a fraudster. This may not even be a lady - or a Russian for that matter. I'll bet if you do send the $1000 you'll never hear from 'her' again.