Well, ex and I been split for about 13 weeks now, I've held NC, as hard as thats been.. Seeing a new girl now, but finding those old letters really tore me up. And she's not the same..

Was also a card from last valentines day, and everything was like "I'll love you forever, you will always be with me" etc.

Funny how things change, I didn't cry, more numb than anything. I almost texted her, just saying hi, and how I found the old letters..I feel like mailing them back to her, as immature as that is. She may be seeing someone now, sigh.. I hope shes happy. (We dated for 4 years.. thought she was the one)..sappy I know.

dont blow your 13 weeks dude!

you hit a rough spot. it happens.

when you are driving and hit a patch of ice, start to skid........what do you do?

you turn into it, face it, and straighten yourself out.

get throu gh this and i think it will be a big step for your healing.

as far as the other girl is concerned......dont write her off. give her a chance. but, dont expect to find a perfect match only 13 weeks after the breakup.

the way it goes is that a new love interest will suddenly appear...RIGHT WHEN YOU LET GO OF YOUR EX. so hurry up and put her behind you!

best,

Captain

Holy crap, those old letters are the worst thing you can ever read. I once read some old letters a few weeks after breaking up and I could not function for a few hours. I say keep them in a sealed box and then in a few years you can either read them and get a good laugh out of them or just throw them away.

I shipped all the reminders from my last relationship to my father's place. There are things that I would want to have eventually, but not in the near future. Still not there yet.

Get rid of everything that reminds you of your exes or you will be sorry. I assure you.

Orlander

Ugh, I dont have the power to toss them. They meant a lot at the time, and I cant believe how much has changed. She sounded so sincere in these letters, crazy.. like we were gonna be together.. its amazing how fast a woman can change. I have been contemplating all day texting her, when i know its the WRONG decision.

Keep finding letter from my ex all over the place. I don't read them, just put them straight in the trash. Even the card that i still recall says inside "my love, my life, my everything. The caretaker of my dreams" She never wants to hear form me again. Why should i give her the satisfaction of returning things that she will know cause me pain?