Ok this is just a question for the ladies out there, maybe for the men too if you've tried this. I'm just trying to guage the kind of impact that my idea would have .

1. Ok 1st thing. My girl is going to be away for Valentines day in Europe so she won't be in the country for me to give her the roses I was planning.
  2. Right, so I've found her hotel address in France so I was planning on sending them to her over there.

How would you ladies out their feel if you partner did something like that for you?

Thanks

Oh yeah and one more thing, would you find a single rose or a bunch of roses more romantic

I LOVE flowers (am a bit of a connoisseur, =) ) so I would love roses. However, sending a bunch to a hotel room seems pointless to me - she can't take them with her, so they are going to be a bit of a waste. From a $ point of view, it might not be worth it to have just one rose delivered to her either.

If I were you, I would call her on the day, wish her a happy Valentine's day, and then plan a celebration for when she gets back.

I would definitely love the thought. Maybe you can send a card to the hotel early to make sure it gets there in time, and have them give it to her? I would be thrilled at that, and then you two could have a romantic evening once she gets back.

Or slip something in her suitcase with a note for her not to open it before the day? I would love that too.

Ok this is just a question for the ladies out there, maybe for the men too if you've tried this. I'm just trying to guage the kind of impact that my idea would have .

1. Ok 1st thing. My girl is going to be away for Valentines day in Europe so she won't be in the country for me to give her the roses I was planning.
  2. Right, so I've found her hotel address in France so I was planning on sending them to her over there.

How would you ladies out their feel if you partner did something like that for you?

Thanks

Oh yeah and one more thing, would you find a single rose or a bunch of roses more romantic

It's a good idea. Also, the suggestion about slipping something into her suitcase would be good except remember that airport security will go thru it.

you could wrap up a single silk rose and put it in her suitcase and then write something like the other 11 will be waiting for you when you get home...and then give her 11 real ones...i really like vandgsmom idea...and a silk rose in the suitcase put in a box might work...just don't wrap it in case security had to open her luggage and attach a note on the outside...i'd love it!

Definitely a great idea in my humble, female opinion. I would feel so touched that my boyfriend showed me he actually cares enough to send me roses overseas, that I wouldn't see it as a problem that I couldn't keep them at all - the symbolic value and the memory it would create, far outweighs it.

I thinks it's a FANTASTIC idea.

I like the single rose idea.

And here's something that I did one time

and the person REALLY loved it.

My gf (at the time) and I were going out

of town to celebrate her birthday.

Before we got to the hotel

I called the concierge desk and had them

put rose petals all over the room.

(along with balloons and champagne).

She LOVED it!

So I guess I'm saying that rose petals add a