When to call?

Kevin T

All right, I got some numbers.

Now, let's say I want to call one of these girls. But...! The question is: When do I call? Do I call the next day, wait a few days or what? I don't want to be needy or clingy, so I'd think calling in a few days wouldn't be a bad idea.

What do you say? I need input lest I remain confused and bewildered. lol

I call the next day...almost always. It works for me.

The way I see it, there is no use playing games. Besides, a woman's wandering mind can lead to many things...and usually it's not in your favor. Keep her attention from the beginning!!

If she likes you, it doesn't matter if you call the next day.

If she doesn't like you, it doesn't matter when you call.

If she likes you and you wait a week, her mind will go to work....she'll likely think you're an * * *, a player, or just not interested....she may have even met somebody else already. A lot can happen in a week.

Don't play games and wait too long - if you're a woman, you KNOW that they are listening to some advice site, and it drives me mad! Call sooner rather than later - weeknight is good for a first date. But a week - nah, forget it. That's far far too long - I'll have forgotten what you looked like, if I fancied you etc.

Good luck!

Sooner than 12 years. Ha ha. Couldn't resist.

My intuition was a week, but I've heard from my local women friends that's to long. I didn't want to call to soon and look desperate.

My friends say 3 to 5 days. 7 days is to long. I now think 3 days is ideal. It's a nice compromise between looking desperate vs. indifferent.

And don't lose that number like I did that one time. Isn't there a song about that?

I call the next day...almost always. It works for me.

The way I see it, there is no use playing games. Besides, a woman's wandering mind can lead to many things...and usually it's not in your favor. Keep her attention from the beginning!!

If she likes you, it doesn't matter if you call the next day.

If she doesn't like you, it doesn't matter when you call.

If she likes you and you wait a week, her mind will go to work....she'll likely think you're an * * *, a player, or just not interested....she may have even met somebody else already. A lot can happen in a week.

I completely agree with this. Call the next day if you're interested. Make it clear that you were glad to meet them. No harm in that if they are into you!

Yea you would think so but it has not failed me yet.

Hehehe, well if you waited with me that long I wouldn't go out with you.

Maybe I would but only if I were in a period with no other dates available which means I want sex subconsciously (hih). (uh, this sounds horrible

Even if I really liked you a lot, I wouldn't be thrilled you waited so long because I would connect that with lack of interest or keeping me as safety net, like the second best.

Now please don't get offended, I like your posts and advice you give on ena, this is the first time I disagree with you.

Hehehe, well if you waited with me that long I wouldn't go out with you.

Maybe I would but only if I were in a period with no other dates available which means I want sex subconsciously (hih). (uh, this sounds horrible

Even if I really liked you a lot, I wouldn't be thrilled you waited so long because I would connect that with lack of interest or keeping me as safety net, like the second best.

Now please don't get offended, I like your posts and advice you give on ena, this is the first time I disagree with you.

I am not offended at all. I will say that if you are going to wait longer to call a girl then you better be good at damage control and of course charm does not hurt. I am sure that the females are not thrilled that I waited so long to call them, but after a nice conversation, some inquisitive questions, I have calmed the situation down. Now perhaps that will not work for every girl but such is life.

I am not offended at all. I will say that if you are going to wait longer to call a girl then you better be good at damage control and of course charm does not hurt. I am sure that the females are not thrilled that I waited so long to call them, but after a nice conversation, some inquisitive questions, I have calmed the situation down. Now perhaps that will not work for every girl but such is life.

Whay do you choose a harder way? Why bothering with damage control that can be escaped with calling a little bit sooner?

Whay do you choose a harder way? Why bothering with damage control that can be escaped with calling a little bit sooner?

Good question, I consider it to be a part of my weeding out process. I am looking for the girl to show interest. I can call her the next day and she is going to remember me but is she still going to remember in 5 days? I would say that if she was interested then she would. Of course the waiting time also gives her time to think, I am smart enough to know that I am not the only guy she is dealing with but it says something when she remembers. In my mind this process of waiting to call them weeds out the girls that dont know what they want because they are seeking immediate gratification. It will also weed out girls that are impulsive and the girls that want guys to show their interest immediately from the get go. I dont believe in coming on strong because I believe that patience is confidence. There is no need to rush things because when you rush that is when you make mistakes.

O.k. interesting responce.

Now I see your reasons.

I don't completely agree with you, because I think you can avoid such caracter traits in a different way (that is less risky), but your way works too (since I am impatient person the fact is you would be able to skip me thanks to your tactic, so it works!).

Thanks on your responce Daywalker.

If I have interest in a guy it will never never never turn me off if they would call the next day, heck even if they call ten minutes after a first date ... I would be jumping around in my room of joy.

But when I have no interest, I could care less if you called the next day, or three days or a week later. There is just no interest. And you won't see mee jumping.

If I have interest in a guy it will never never never turn me off if they would call the next day, heck even if they call ten minutes after a first date ... I would be jumping around in my room of joy.

But when I have no interest, I could care less if you called the next day, or three days or a week later. There is just no interest. And you won't see mee jumping.

Ditto. Waiting a few days makes me think you're not interested or you're playing games. Both of which is a turnoff for me.