Older guys + teen girls- What's the attraction?

For the couple months I was single (I still am, but am hopefully in the process of getting back with my ex) I noticed that almost all the guys that tried to (or did) get with me were quite a bit older. I'm sixteen, and these guys ranged from 18 (a couple of guys who screwed me while I was very drunk and semi-conscious in the back of my car to 26 (he lied and told me he was 23 when he was really three years older with a six year old kid.) to 35 (my smoking buddy, who kissed me completely out of the blue right before I ran out of his trailer lol). I don't have a problem with older guys, my ex was a good two and a half years older than me when we dated, but it really makes me curious when they're more than five years my senior... what's the attraction? Why don't older, more experienced men want older, more experienced women? I do realize that this isn't true for all (or even most) men, but I didn't have a single guy that was still in high school express any interest in me whatsoever. Is it just because I was (am) young/naive/and vulnerable at the time, or is there something else I'm missing that makes guys want young girls? Does anybody else have the problem of only being able to get guys out of their age range?

Oh, and I realize that the first example isn't a very good one... I'm sure they only did that to me because I was the only girl at the party and drunk enough that they could carry me out to my car.

No offense and I really am not trying to offend you or anyone else but older guys go for younger girls because they think we're an "easier lay" and dumber than someone their age. I used to get into the situations just like you described and I realized the only way to avoid those guys was to not put myself into those situations, ya know?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not much of an excuse but I was definitely not in the best state of mind for those two months, I normally am not the... easy (?) girl.. But eh. I'm not really talking about me specifically, but in general. I notice about half of the sophmore girls in my classes are going out with guys five or ten years older than them... It seems like such a gap, especially when you're my age.

No offense and I really am not trying to offend you or anyone else but older guys go for younger girls because they think we're an "easier lay" and dumber than someone their age. I used to get into the situations just like you described and I realized the only way to avoid those guys was to not put myself into those situations, ya know?

Your post is 100% true about older men and younger women under 21.

Not all older guys who go for younger girls are like that! I'm 18 and my boyfriend's nearly 22. I'm the first younger girl he's dated and he is such a gentleman! When we first started going out he was aware that i was a virgin and really took things slowly cos he didn't want me to take things too fast. When we eventually had sex I basically initiated it and he kept asking me if I was ok and I was sure. Just made me love him all the more that he wasn't pressuring me into anything

For the couple months I was single (I still am, but am hopefully in the process of getting back with my ex) I noticed that almost all the guys that tried to (or did) get with me were quite a bit older.

Easy answer:

I'm sixteen, and these guys ranged from 18 (a couple of guys who screwed me while I was very drunk and semi-conscious in the back of my car to 26 (he lied and told me he was 23 when he was really three years older with a six year old kid.) to 35 (my smoking buddy, who kissed me completely out of the blue right before I ran out of his trailer lol).

Because they are way too naive and easy to take advantage of. You are a living proof of it.

Oh, and I realize that the first example isn't a very good one... I'm sure they only did that to me because I was the only girl at the party and drunk enough that they could carry me out to my car.

HAven't you thought that maybe you should reevaluate the people you are hanging out with?

Not all older guys who go for younger girls are like that! I'm 18 and my boyfriend's nearly 22. I'm the first younger girl he's dated and he is such a gentleman! When we first started going out he was aware that i was a virgin and really took things slowly cos he didn't want me to take things too fast. When we eventually had sex I basically initiated it and he kept asking me if I was ok and I was sure. Just made me love him all the more that he wasn't pressuring me into anything

Fairy Queen,

"When we eventually had sex I basically initiated it". Most older men who date younger women under 21(especially virgin) will play that trick on younger women so be careful ladies. Some older man knows how to play a younger woman for sex,money and other things so keep that in mind.He doesn't have to pressure you for sex just to get what he wants(sex or other things)

(a couple of guys who screwed me while I was very drunk and semi-conscious in the back of my car

Erm, not really commenting on the thread, but this leapt out at me - how are you feeling about this? Because I was reading through the thread, and it struck me that you had been raped - I hope these guys faced charges for this? Just felt really sorry for you to have been taken advantage of like that. Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread, but I did want to ask you if you were okay.

*Shrug* To be honest... yeah, it messed with my head a little, I went downhill after that. They drove me to some parking lot and left me, I woke up the next morning and I wasn't even totally sure what happened (I was too drunk and high to move at the time), my clothes were all over and I only remembered parts of it. I don't even remember if I said no. The parts I do remember are pretty... just, disgusting for me to think about. Stuff I never would have wanted done to my body. /; Needless to say, I don't exactly want to press charges and bring it all up again-- I'm just now starting to move on. I wrote a thread talking about it a little bit earlier.

But I'm okay now. Sorry for getting off topic.

My current gf went through the same situation you did. Except it wasn't 2 guys, it was 4. We've been together over a year, and she still gets tense sometimes completely out of the blue, while having sex. She knows she needs help, but she'd rather get high to "forget". She was also molested as a child by her step dad, and he spent 3 months in jail for it, and is STILL in her little sisters life. Makes me sick.

I wish she'd agree to get the neccasary help she needs. I understand as much as I can, and try to be there, but I'll never be able to understand how she feels, and sometimes it causes her to get angry at ME, when I have nothing to do with it.

Good to hear you're doing better.

Fairy Queen,

"When we eventually had sex I basically initiated it". Most older men who date younger women under 21(especially virgin) will play that trick on younger women so be careful ladies. Some older man knows how to play a younger woman for sex,money and other things so keep that in mind.He doesn't have to pressure you for sex just to get what he wants(sex or other things)

Ok, well maybe some guys do that, but my boyfriend definitely isn't like that. i know him

There is a 7 year age gap between my bf and I so in no way was I saying ALL guys are like that because I know for sure my bf isn't considering the crap we've been through if that's all it was he'd be gone already.

Anyway back to the OP, what I meant by my post is that MOST guys are like that and not just you but most young girls think it's "cool" to be hooking up with older guys just because it makes them seem mature whereas they dont realize the guy is just there to get a piece of young booty and go on his way and have the bragging rights of "I caught a young piece of tail and/or I took that girls virginity" and if girls would stop putting theirselves in certain situations bad things wouldnt happen when it comes to older guys. Once again I mean no offense to anyone and I am not personally attacking you nor am I saying it should happen because i've been raped and it isn't fun. Just realize most older guys who are after younger girls in the situations like you described aren't out for long relationships.

Everyone is different, some guys truly do get along with younger girls so much better because it is true, guys mature at a slower rate than females and it isnt always the case of they can't find someone their own age because if that were the case of my bf he has had plenty of chances to go off with someone his own age but hasn't.

I, myself prefer older guys because Ive always been very mature for my age and to me they are more to my maturity level to certian things. And im sure its the same way with guys.

Apparently so P. Dragon, if you guys resort to messing with teen girls when you're grown men in their 20's.

Hannaheh, I'm offended that a 26 year old man tried to get with you and you're only SIXTEEN years old. That just further proves my point that so many people don't give a damn about trying to take advantage of underage minors. And it infuriates me.

I hope you did not do anything with him. You should report him.

And to the person who said that teens are at their physical peak, oh please, gimme a break. Girls in their 20's are more at their physical peak than a teen. They've developed fully and STILL look young without looking somewhat child-like.

Saying that men in their 20's go for teens because they are at their prime physical peak is ridiculous. They go for teens because they think teens can be easily manipulated into giving them sex or any other kind of play. They think that teens will be "starstruck" by the fact that an older guy is interested in them. A man in his 20's can just as easily be attracted to a 20 year old girl because a 20 year old is at THEIR prime physical peak as opposed to a 15 or 16 year old who may not have finished fully developing.

Also the fact that some guys are quite immature, and when THEY were 16, they couldn't get with hot girls for whatever reason. So now that they're in their mid 20's, older, more experienced and different, they attempt to get with the girls they couldn't get with when they were young.

Case in point: This guy I went to high school with was a geek, and not very attractive. When he was 20, he had changed a lot, and dated and took the virginity of my FIFTEEN year old sister, who was very cute and not the type of girl he ever would have gotten in high school. Now he's 23 or 24 and dating ANOTHER underage girl, go figure. He lives right by me and I've considered flattening his tires for what he did to my sister.

Also, since my sister was 16, she was having sex with a 25 year old guy that she now has two kids by, at age 18. Both kids were conceived when she was underage, he is now going on 27.

I dated a guy who went to school with him; he told me that when that guy was in high school, he had long hair and wasn't what the hot girls would consider as hot. And I've seen some of his exes. Clearly he figured by manipulating an impressionable young girl who he was fully aware had a crush on him since she was 12, he could get a better looking girl, not even caring that she was just a kid and he was a grown man.

Makes me angry just thinking about it. He should have went to jail.