What if you died, never having a gf or relationship?

Quite frankly, I can't see myself being overwhelmingly depressed about never finding someone to love. What would bother me most would be finding someone I could have had a true relationship with and somehow ruining it. Personally, I treasure the experience even when it ends horribly, because I know I'm a better person for it. It strengthens us and molds us into who we are. Never experiencing that, well, I'm not sure I'd be quite the same person I am today. But I wouldn't know who I would have been, so it doesn't really matter does it? I believe we all meet someone somewhere along the line who has the potential to be a true love. If, say, that never happened, in my honest opinion, I don't believe it'd bother me so much. You become used to the idea of being alone, and lose the severe yearning for love you once had.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love."

- 1 John 4:18

If you're not fearful, scared or anxious, then disregard that. You say you are anxious when you don't know the outcome - but this would be different, yes?

I suppose it would be different. You aren't going to go infront of a judge in your pajamas and slur words out and be lost, you are going to want to be prepared to make your case and raise your arguments. Since after death is the judgement as the Bible says, I figure one must be prepared as though they are about to go infront of a judge. So, that would be more of an anxious state of preparation.

Good point. It would be tragic if I meet the right woman of my dreams and I ended up giving into some temptation that occurred two or three years into relationship or marriage and blow the whole thing off since you cant take back the action. However, if it's ruined on some other trivial point, then perhaps there was nothing there to start with.

Our salvation is assured, no reason to fear.

We have nothing to argue about. Imagine, arguing with God? Who's gonna win? lol

I'm not talking about salvation, I'm talking about reward allocation.

Everybody is going to be judged for works done in the body, and as a Christian that translates into rewards or lack of them.

Bible says lay up treasure in heaven, and where your heart is, that's where your treasure is. A relationship or gf wont mean gold in heaven, but sharing the gospel and doing the right thing where the wrong thing makes sense, and good works motivated by the love of the Spirit all go towards future reward in heaven.

I'd be worried if there is no 'heavenly gold' that's stored up and I end up a spiritual pauper in heaven. One must be concerned what is in the heavenly bank account.

OK, this thread has gotten way too religious. I don't disagree with religion per se, and I can see how it would come into a thread about being on your deathbed but I don't see how everything that has been discussed on this thread needs to be reassessed in a religious light.

Cetainly, one of the most important things I would think about on my deathbed would be, how have I done my bit to make the world a better place, but I would claim to be so selfless as to not even wonder whether or not I'D enjoyed my own life, after all as far as I'm concerned, there is no afterlife so if I don't get happines from this life then I won't get happiness at all.

And as much as I wish I could find another way, I can't help but think that finding love would be a crucial part of that happiness.

Well they'd know before they died, and if they had more than a couple of seconds of knowing they were going to die then they'd know... Like if a doctor told me I only had a week to live then I'd have a week to get used to the fact I would die having never gotten even slightly close to a girl.

A week to live? When I was 19, it only took me about an hour to attach a banner under the local "Captian D's" sign that said "2 nuts"! In other words, if it was that important to me, I think I could find a way to have a few "experiences" before the clock stopped ticking. If all you want is to get close to a female, it can be done.

I am over 30 and still looking for Ms.Right.Would it bother me if I never find her? It would only bother me if I had never tried.I haven't asked out that many women in my life but lately I have asked out a few,unfortunately it didn't go the way I would have liked ,but that's life.I try to look at issues objectively,most people assume men who have a hard time meeting women must be unattractive but I don't think that is the case.I am trying to improve my situation everyday.Yes,I am shy and socially awkward and don't have much experience but at least I am now trying. I wonder if those of us who have always had trouble meeting women/men have you ever honestly asked yourself what you think you are doing wrong?

You wouldn't know what you were or weren't missing because you would be dead.

That's what I was thinking!

I suppose if I was dying, I'd get real angry about never having a relationship. Actually I'd probably be more pissed about the whole sex thing. And if I didn't have a contagious disease...I'd probably try to figure out a way to remedy the situation. Maybe rent a man for a day...

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you are alone in life, that would not really matter but if you have God in your life then I dont think that would really matter if you had a bf or gf before.

and dont worry about it i dont think it is a dumb question, it is just real life some people actually live without really haveing a famillly or what ever

Yes, but he may have had Asperger's Syndrome or some type of condition that made it hard for him to have relationships, so maybe that lack of a documented relationship should have an asterisk

I'm 30, and all of my relationships with women have been very negative, so if you've never had a relationship, you're not missing much. Believe me, it's better to attract no one than attract psychos.

Or it could have been that apple that hit him on the head, lol.

What if you died before you were a year old, never having the opportunity to experience life?

I don't have a boyfriend, and in fact, I've never had a real relationship. Sure, I could be depressed about it. Or, I could realize that I have my entire life ahead of me, and I have all these opportunities that so many other people out there cannot and may never get. Life inherently has value. You don't need a romantic relationship in order for your life to have meaning. The very fact that you are alive right now, that you have the ability to do whatever you want... that's something that millions of people out there don't have.