recent break up- it's driving me insane

i am going through a recent break up and it hurts like hell. i know it's for the best. we had an unhealthy relationship and i always knew at the back of my mind i wasn't going to end up with him. although we cared for each other, we were incompatible and we found it hard to get through to each other. our relationship has become emotionally abusive and draining. now that it's over, i know it's the right decision. but still, i miss him so darn much. time seems to drag on forever. although i am able to function at work, i am able to eat and sleep normally, i just feel so lonely. i am consumed by thoughts of him and the future that we will never have. i am sadenned by the fact that from hereon, we will lose that closeness we once had. one day, he will be a mere stranger. i just want to vent it out because the pain is just too much to bear on my own....

Welcome aboard Audrey

First let me just say that things are going to get better, I know it doesn't look like it now, but it will. You do have to grieve though. If you feel like crying over the relationship, go ahead and do so. Its okay to feel sad, but remember that there are other things in your life to keep you busy.

Start exercising, start a new hobby...reconnect with old friends/make new ones.

I know you mentioned that this was an unhealthy abusive relationship...this break up looks like its going to be a good thing for you...

Keep the No Contact rule with your ex for now...heal yourself ...

(((hugs))))

z.

Zoe is absolutely correct.

I am going through the same thing as you. Loneliness. We both know its for the best. But it is soooo tough. I hate this feeling.

BUT good news! I have been broken hearted before, and i know that NC DOES WORK and we WILL get over this... in time. The roller coaster ride will be hell. One minute ur strong, another minute u just want to hurt urself, cut that section of ur brain so u wont have to think about them anymore...

Man... if we can only fast forward in time... or rewind and not meet the person who caused us to feel this way. *sigh*

hey audrey!!

i just wanna say, i feel you!! i know what you are dealin and what it is, is your just missing the company. as much as i've been apart from my ex (4 months), thats the only thing that i still think about on a daily basis. don't worry though, time is your bestfriend right now, and things will settle in and im telling you everything will be ok. if you need to vent, vent all you need to..its a good way to relieve the stress. time will progress and you going to think less and less of him to the point where having the company isn't going to bug you as much. just remember NC and let time do its thing.

I know you're going through a really tough time right now. It's hard when someone is imcompatible with you, and you still love them, 'cause nothing can really *fix* that. What you're feeling right now is the loss of that attachment, and the unbearable vacuum it leaves behind. One day at a time, and you will begin to move to the light.

we were incompatible and we found it hard to get through to each other. our relationship has become emotionally abusive and draining. now that it's over, i know it's the right decision....

Audrey28, that statement above just made you jump that big hurdle! You're half way to moving on, unlike some of us are still or won't want to make that hurdle

NC (No Contact) for at least a month. Work on yourself, take care of yourself, be good to yourself, its all about YOU from here on!

Busy busy busy, that's what you need to do from here on, mentally and/or physically. As someone mentioned earlier, don't let people talk about your ex, it's over, keep moving forward because that is all we/you can do and there is no going backwards and the past is the past, leave it there.

I've been through what you are going through now. You'll be okay, no, you'll be better than okay, you'll be awesome. Stay strong, keep that chin up!

• Like 1