THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna try and sleep guys. I'm back to the old ipod routine - I had a couple of nights trying without it and ended up thinking for hours about the ex. Not necessarily sad-making thoughts - just thoughts that didn't let me switch off - not good whilst ill

Good luck with the rest of your day people, and will probably talk to you on the morrow

Night x

End of Day Three:

Feeling: strong for a change this week. Also like I need to go for a really hard run, but the weather is terrible.

About my ex: still love him. Still haven't heard from him.

About NC: still don't know if it's the best way given what I want, or if I'll keep it up for another 27 days. But today I feel more content than I have for a while.

Not knowing anything about my ex is relaxing.

Questions (which I know I shouldn't care about): my ex is seeing someone new. He doesn't know I know about her, and he's lied to me about it. He said he won't be ready to date for a long while. I won't tell him that I know, but who is he protecting? Himself? The new woman? Me?

Is he lying to her as well? Probably. I wonder if she knows he still has feelings for me, or that we've gone out recently?

Questions (which I know I shouldn't care about): my ex is seeing someone new. He doesn't know I know about her, and he's lied to me about it. He said he won't be ready to date for a long while. I won't tell him that I know, but who is he protecting? Himself? The new woman? Me?

Is he lying to her as well? Probably. I wonder if she knows he still has feelings for me, or that we've gone out recently?

In my opinion, you have to consider the possibility that he is only going out with this girl to have an ego boost. I broke up 18 days ago and Im considering going out in a blind date with a friend's friend. I will do it just for fun and not expecting anything to come out of it. I dont plan on lying to the girl or anyone, but I wont talk to her about my ex either.

Sometimes you just have to know (after a breakup) that you are capable of meeting new people and have fun again...

I dont believe in rebound relationships so I wont set myself up for one.

Got it, TJ and Sandy.

I'm also going on a date this week, TJ. He's attractive and pretty well a stranger. He doesn't know I'm going through a break-up, and I'm going to keep it that way. This girl just wants to have fun (for an evening, anyway).

Still, I hope he doesn't go in for a kiss! Not ready for that yet.

Hi Everyone. Well today is day 26 of NC for me......day 10 of the challenge! It has been a rough weekend. I keep wondering what he is doing....and why I haven't heard from him yet.....the longest we've ever gone NC since the breakup is about 30 days or so....and HE always has been the one to break NC. Now I am starting to wonder if he has finally given up on this? I mean, I don't want to talk to him if it just more of the same b.s. (can't commit, him playin' games w/ me/ keeping me in limbo)....and he HAS tried to break the NC 3 times this time....but I refuse to hear anything other than a solid "let's put this back together"....so I am trying to stay strong! I am just feeling a little insecure b/c I am wondering if he has decided it would just be easier to not continue our conversations (even though they weren't really getting anywhere) and just start over w/ someone else. I am AFRAID that he'll fall in love w/ someone else. I know that he has been casually dating....but he has always told me in the past months that he is "100% single" and "not in love w/ anyone....that he now knows there is a big difference".....whatever the hell that is supposed to mean? Well, just venting. I hope everyone on here is trying to have a good weekend and hangin' in there.

Got it, TJ and Sandy.

I'm also going on a date this week, TJ. He's attractive and pretty well a stranger. He doesn't know I'm going through a break-up, and I'm going to keep it that way. This girl just wants to have fun (for an evening, anyway).

Still, I hope he doesn't go in for a kiss! Not ready for that yet.

Hey,, good for you shaker

I went on a couple dates also...it made me feel better!

Thanks Sandy the thing is love is blind and when he talks to me my head spins it happens all the time. I can't believe I called, I knew it was wrong and I did it anyway. It sounds good to read you saying how crazy it is because when you are in it ... it doesn't seem all that crazy.