Rocky

by Jeffrey2095

I was strolling through our town the other day, when to my great astonishment, I was addressed by a talking stone.

"Why, you're a talking stone!" I marveled. He scrunched up his face.

"Call me "Rocky", or "Mr. Rock". Nobody ever stops to think that a rock is entitled to a little dignity!"

"Hmm, I guess even a rock is due a little respect... we want to be fair. Say Mr. Rock, I saw a program on television the other day, that pointed out that all the heavy elements here on Earth, were created in the middle of stars. In fact, it said that you and I are composed of many of the same ingredients."

"Just add water, ha ha."

"Very funny. So, what do you do with yourself Rocky, got any hobbies?"

"No, I just sit on this rock pile, watching the seasons slowly turn."

"Well, how long have you been doing this?"

"Oh, about 4.5 billion years; it's very depressing. All I have now, is a view of that tree stump. Why, 7000 years ago I had a view of a nice pond. Then, I accidentally fell down the hill and have been stuck here ever since."

"Yes, I guess things would tend to get a bit "samey"."

"Well, you don't see any remote control to change the picture with, do you! Still, I don't complain much."

"Well, cheer up Rocky; why, you have no idea of the things we humans must endure. You don't have to worry about death, or taxes, or disease, or crime, or hunger, or poverty... in some ways, you have it made my friend!"

"You mean you wanna' trade places with me?"

What is the meaning of life? Why did God make us? Well, maybe because it was simply worth doing. After all, who wants a universe full of rocks alone? Wouldn't things tend to get a bit "samey"?

Peace be with you!

If you like this, please share it with a friend. Thank you!

The meaning of life depends on the individual.

Personally, I find the meaning of life to be the people you share your life with, the things you can improve in you and in life. The biggest worry in my life is not making a difference before I go. I want to be remembered in a good way =D.