Women covering up

crow

Ok. Please help me understand something.

When a woman is caught naked (getting out of the shower, getting dressed, etc.) she will immediately cover her breasts, many times leaving her bottom area exposed.

I have been in this situation a few times in my life, both with women whom I was dating and a couple of occasions when I accidentally walked in on a friend.

I would think that a woman would rather cover her pubic area first, but that does not seem to be the case.

This is just something I have wondered for a long time and I thought this might be a place to hear some answers.

Can anyone help me out here?

In the same area of interest...would women be more willing or comfortable to expose their breasts or their pubic area?

I don't really urm cover anything.

Most peculiar, actually, given my body issues. But I don't bother to cover at all if someone "catches" me naked. Example - this morning, I was walking round my boyfriend's house naked, and then I realised that his curtain hadn't been drawn in his hallway, and a couple of people could see me from the street (its a bungalow/ground floor setup).

I moved, but only in my own good time. And I didn't cover up.

I wouldn't. I have no problem with my body and if someone I'd dating caught me naked, I'd have no problem with it.

And if it was someone who wasn't meant to, I'd brazen it out "Can I HELP you?! grr."

That said, I think it probably has a lot to do with the way society fetishises breasts as something to keep covered and private way more than anything else.

I remember talking about this in one of my psych classes. Where you cover up correlates with your culture. In some places, women will cover their neck first. I always tend to cover my stomach for no good reason really. I don't know where I got that from...especailly since it's so impractical. >_

Well, if my partner catches me, I sure don't cover anything! He always gives me a "roooowwwwrrrr" anyway

No one else has ever caught me other than a partner, so I don't know what I would do. Probably just duck behind a door; maybe not. I don't go around flaunting my nakedness, but I really am not one whom is embarrassed easily or anything or very self conscious!

Reminds me of a riddle someone once asked (this was for women..)

If you were sleepwalking and woke up to find yourself in the middle of a busy street of all these people you knew from work, friends, etc and all you had was one tiny towel (ie facecloth) what would you cover?

Answer: your face.

Can't say that I've ever been caught by a non-partner. But I don't think I'd cover anything. lol. I'm very comfortable in my own skin. It is what it is... stretch marks from pregnancies and all.

When my kids were babies and they nursed... I nursed "on demand" if I was in public I'd be discreet and cover with a blanket... not because I was embarrassed but out of courtesy for the public. Many of who may be offended by the mere sight of a partiall exposed breast.

However... I will say, when I see a woman nursing her child out in public, cover or no, I think its the most beautiful sight in the world. So natural... so very very beautiful.

When a woman is caught naked (getting out of the shower, getting dressed, etc.) she will immediately cover her breasts, many times leaving her bottom area exposed.

Maybe because breasts are kind of sticking out -while the bottom area is not much more then V shaped flesh-, it feels like a more vulnerable area.

I´d cover the breasts (not that there´s much to cover anyways) cuz I don´t like their look. I´m not so self conscious with the look of my bottom area, that´s why I´d leave it uncovered.

I think it is because breasts in Western culture are so sexualized, it is a cliche for women to cover those up first. After all, down below there isn't as "much" to see - just hair or a V Also, I think women are used to more eyes at the chest area than below too

Me? If I was seen by someone I don't want seeing me? One arm accross the breasts and one hand down below and covering not very much at all