sex on your period

I have always wondered how many people actually have sex or give their women any kind of pleasure while there on their period.

The reason I'm asking is because my man avoids me like the plague when I'm on my period. We have been together for almost a year, and when we first started having sex, we did it while I was on my period, but the whole time he kept pulling out and looking at his * * * *, and he kept looking down, he was really paranoid about it, and he couldn't even keep his erection, and I felt so self-conscious I cried. But he reassured me theres no need to cry, and that he was just freaked out by seeing blood on his * * * *, and now we know we shouldn't have sex while I'm on my period.

Well, problem is,...I want to! But he doesn't, he's really grossed out by it now and won't even touch me till its over. Now I don't want to force him to have a sex with me during that time of the month, I understand if he'll always be this way, but I'd like to at least make a second attempt, and maybe be better prepared this time. I mean, the first time I washed myself out so good, and I even inserted tampons over and over to try and clean myself up, but it was still a fairly bloody experience.

I'm basically just wondering if theres any trick to this, or if other couples are like us, and just completely not do it during that time.

He seems to think no man ever has sex when his girl is on her period,

while I'm thinking everyone does! Its not a big deal!

your oppinion?...

well i used to do it with my ex while she was on her period but she had a "light flow" as she put it lol its not very pretty but i always did it but eventually i think she became a little self conscious of it and we kinda stopped unless i made her super horny and even then sometimes SHE wouldnt want to...

coincidentally, i posted on this very subject earlier today:

there is nothing 'dirty' about menstruation. once the Victorian stigma is overcome, the whole month is at a couple's disposal to do what they like. and yes, i've found that a majority of women i've known receive great pleasure in sex all through their cycles, as long as they know it doesn't interfere with their partner's enjoyment. some have even told me that they're horniest DURING their periods.

i mean, come on, it's only a little blood; and even that is much diluted if the girl's partner has a clue.

This may be one of those cases where you may need to just respect that he has an aversion to it and doesn't want to have intercourse with you then. The smell and blood are too much for some men. It can a person sick to the stomach and there can be a very foul odor.

I was going to suggest the tampon trick but you have already tried that. Honestly, the tampon trick works much better for oral than it does for any actual penetration ime. He might be open to manual stimulation or stimulation with a vibrator (maybe mutual masturbation even?). How about anal sex during that time? Or other more kinky means of sexual stimulation? If you are creative, there is no reason to be inactive during the whole timeframe. Your main pleasure center is accessible externally! So it can't be THAT limiting. Have you suggested he wear a condom?

Some men have a strong aversion to intercourse on a woman's period. And no matter what you do, he may never like it. There are quite a few women who agree. I am not saying to give up, but you have to be able to see his viewpoint. And hopefully he will see to your needs.

I dated one girl who had the worst cramps if we didn't do it during her period, maroon towels work well. It's kinda funny since that's how humans mated for a million yrs..

Don't think about and just have normal lovemaking, showers after....

And unwanted stains? Chalk 'em up to good times and good memories.

*wrinkles nose*

Personally, I've never been so interested in sex that I'd do it when my girlfriend has her period.

I mean, sure, I *could*... but, I'd rather not. It *is* kinda gross for a guy, and sex just isn't that much of a priority to me.

I did notice one of my ex's was particularly interested in it during that time of the month though, lol.

That's my point of view anyway.

I think you have to appreciate that your man doesn't like it. And that there is little you can do to change his mind!

men in general don't tend to 'get' the whole periods and menstruation thing. Its girly stuff..and they have no really need to know.

I am at my horniest too just before and during my period. However, when i've had sex during this time - i am conscience of it...more so then previous partners.

The vagina can also be a bit 'tacky' during this time, which (apparently??) makes it feel different..thereforeeee reminding some men of what they are doing.

A lot of people don't like the sight of blood - so why would they when a women is bleeding?

Maybe anal would be the way forwards?

Sparkle x

My boyfriend and I do everytime I'm on my period. For one thing, my already sky-high sex drive climbs even higher...

but, it just doesn't seem to bother him. Certainly doesn't bother me. He wears a condom, we put a dark towel under me...it works out just fine

link removed

The INSTEAD® Softcup® is made entirely of hypoallergenic, non-toxic, non-irritating, non-absorbent materials that have been used for more than 20 years in the health care profession. Cleared by the FDA, it has undergone extensive laboratory and human clinical testing. And, the INSTEAD® Softcup® has NO LATEX, which is good news for all women out there with latex sensitivities!

It holds at least twice as much menstrual fluid as a tampon, allowing some women to go at least twice as long between changes on heavy flow days. On a light day, most women find they can wear one INSTEAD® Softcup® the entire day without changing or risk of leakage. Athletes rave about how the INSTEAD® Softcup® carries them through a long marathon or triathlon. Travelers don't leave home without it!.

Can I have sex with the INSTEAD® Softcup® in place?

Yes, you can have clean, comfortable sex with the INSTEAD® Softcup® in place. Although individual experience may vary, most likely neither you nor your partner will be able to feel the cup. To help avoid leakage on heavy flow days, insert a new cup immediately before intercourse. Remember that the INSTEAD® Softcup® is not a contraceptive and does not protect you from sexually transmitted infections.

Hope it helps.

I never understood those instead cups. I bought them recently and I wasn't sure what angle they were supposed to go in. I just put one straight in, but I couldn't push it up so that the ring fit around the vagina tube..if you that makes any sense. It was just sitting there and I was terrified that it would leak.

I can't imagine being able to have sex with one because the penis would just hit it rim of the instead cup.

Must say i clicked on the link and i am now confused!!

The concept looks great - but it looks really fiddly?

Also - i'm not sure i'd wanna look at my blood in 'whole form' if that makes sense?!? I can deal when its been absorbed...!!

And applepie - i agree, don't see how they wouldn't feel it during intercourse!?

Sparkle xxx

APPLEPIE

Watch the video of the insertion, it shows how reliable it is.

Also - i'm not sure i'd wanna look at my blood in 'whole form' if that makes sense?!? I can deal when its been absorbed...!!

SPARKLE

Me neither. But some girls are like in heaven with this thing. Check out this thread:

Haha... we don't have time to look for maroon towels. We just grab whatever we can.

It does help with cramps a lot. Usually I'll use my hand to give her a clitoral orgasm a couple of times a day. You don't get any blood on your hand from that.

I don't think theres much you can do if he's afraid of blood because that stuff gets EVERYWHERE. Once I even got blood on my shoulder... we could never figure that one out.

My man doesn't mind having sex on my period, he's a disgusting beast, he'll pull out his penis afterward and practically gloat at the blood on it. Maybe not 'gloat', but he smiles like he's done something cute.

He has at times mentioned doing oral during these times. Whether he's joking or not, I don't care. That's a little *too* nasty for me. I don't mind having sex on my period as a long as a man doesn't care, but not that... ewww. I don't want to feel like I'm dating a 'gina vampire.

My man doesn't mind having sex on my period, he's a disgusting beast, he'll pull out his penis afterward and practically gloat at the blood on it. Maybe not 'gloat', but he smiles like he's done something cute.

He has at times mentioned doing oral during these times. Whether he's joking or not, I don't care. That's a little *too* nasty for me. I don't mind having sex on my period as a long as a man doesn't care, but not that... ewww. I don't want to feel like I'm dating a 'gina vampire.

I'll comment on both point. The primal nature of it is kind of cool. It is messier. It is kind of like, "I don't care about our bodies. I want you. I want you now. It is pure passion. Blood? What blood? I didn't notice. You were screaming too loud. Why don't we do it again?"

And when it comes to oral? Try the tampon trick. And have him keep to your clit. Works like a charm. No blood, no nothing. Clean, right out of the shower.