Do you just give your heart, or do you give your all?

How many of you who are in love, (maybe you're married or maybe you just know this is "the one") would become a living donor for your s/o.

Maybe if it was just a chunk of liver?

Who needs two kidneys anyhow?

As a member of the O-negative population, (with a big heart i like to think)

being a living donor has always interested me.

What if your s/o was diabetic, and giving up a cross section of your pancrease could make thier life that much easier?

Or only if it was life and death?

would you?

I think you give your all. If you really love someone, if you really look out for what's good for them, if you hope for what is in their best interest, then you really do love, in the sense that one should. That's how we should think of and treat those we love, that is how to love.

i dont have a partner at the moment but if it was family or a close friend i'd do it in a flash. When i was with my ex, i'd have probably given my right arm if he'd asked!

i have a friend about to give a kidney to his mum - the thought of losing my mum when there was something, anything i could do about it...yes, i'd give anything!

I would give a kidney, chunk of liver, bone marrow not only for my partner, but for any family member or close friend to where I was eligible to do so.

Apparently donating a kidney is riskier for the donator than the receiver, but certainly I would say most people would not think twice about doing it for someone they loved and cared for.

instead of being 'mean' try the opposite [kindness] - it might just work. over the last year i have seen the absolute worse in people [including myself]. during the year mentioned, i have struggled so much, and reached out simply for a kind gesture from someone who knows exactly how it feels to be in my shoes. i wonder how it feels to be that person, a person u spent and planned a future with and u watch the other fall and need help and u simply disappear. u listen and watch and turn a blind eye and ear to someone u supposedly loved and do nothing because its not yer business - yer responsiblity. i wonder how it is to once be with someone and they give their all and when they truly need u, just a call, or an hour of their time, u tell everyone about how horrible they are and do things u know hurts them. i wonder how it is people can treat strangers better. i have never witness this level of utter lack of compassion. i read the 'papers' she filed, and was stuck at how little she really cares. there was one point where she expressed concern for everyone she knows but not once mentioned any such worry or concern about my health, safety or anything remotely close to understanding. she left out tons of facts, told me to be honest and when i did used that against me, and i truly believe that in order to do that u have to hate someone. i have been in pain for over a year because someone i loved so much is like this to me and it has impacted me so much i will never be the same. there is nothing i did during our time together [in fact i did a zillion great things for her] that would ever justify treating someone like she has and i will never forget and never forgive her. if u knew all someone needed to recover was a kind word or 10 minutes of their time for a hug and to accept an apology and all u did what mock and make them out to be a threat and know that doing that would make them sick - then someone tell me what is worse? if i could take back those 4 years and never have met this woman i would do so in a second because that type of emotional hurt is beyond my understanding. i hope she thinks back to all the things we did, what she was like and what she needed back then and takes a look at what she has become - instead of me. i am sure one day it will hit her and she will be ashamed of herself. but that will not happen because it would mean she would have to care and she doesn't. what i have become is a blank slate now because everything i was and where i am is only connected to a past that i no longer desire to be associated with - so everything has to be rebuilt and changed from home, street, friends, family, work - everything. and i am doing just that and i have learned to not give my heart and soul so easily and so willingly. i have learned that people will make your life front news for enjoyment and then move on. i don't this this woman ever has to worry about me in any way in any part of her life ever again - and this is not anger, or being mean - it is simply me finally coming to grips that i was abused, lied to, and treated like dirt because i stumbled while trying to be a good provider, good partner and good role model. this is the reward for that. i have regained my confidence and started taking back my life and will share it with someone special, someone that cares and communicates. i wish her happiness and hope she is now with someone she can do the things she was unable to do with me. end of the 4 year story.