I found music to be my very best friend lately..Some songs really hit me hard when im listening to them on my ipod while doing something. music really brings out the best in me and they've helped me overcome narrowminded thinking and just look around and smell the fresh air. It's like background music to your life.

Im wondering if their other people that feel the same about music and it makes you feel happy or more aware of feelings or views that you've had inside.

I just found this song and i really love it...it does exactly what ive mentioned above. Its Nena - 99 Red Luft Balloon. Its just makes good times better and really hits you hard. I have both the English verison and German..I dont know german but I feel that I like it better, just sounds awesome, even though I dont understand its such a beauitful langauge. Another great song is I still haven't found what Im looking for by U2

I want to hear other songs that people like that do the same thing. Please share some. Im sure everyone has at least one.

I listen to music everyday. I play music everyday..i'm in the music industry and from my username...yeah I love music as well. Music has always been in my life and I've always used it as an outlet to channel my pain or anger and it calms me down. There are certain songs that I can listen to in certain situations to help me out

my mp3 player broke and i've gone back to the good ole burning cds which isn't bad because i can hook my walkman up to my stereo i love finding new bands and stuff everybody has songs that touch their lives some how like i wish by r. kelly is one about one of my friends, i love listening to music while i'm in the gym, doing dishes, out running, getting jacked before a game, just driving, with my girl friend, with my friends, some days i'll just sit at my computer and jam!

my mp3 player broke and i've gone back to the good ole burning cds which isn't bad because i can hook my walkman up to my stereo i love finding new bands and stuff everybody has songs that touch their lives some how like i wish by r. kelly is one about one of my friends, i love listening to music while i'm in the gym, doing dishes, out running, getting jacked before a game, just driving, with my girl friend, with my friends, some days i'll just sit at my computer and jam!

Are you watching the LSU vs ARK game?..it's intense. I play high school football...Im a tight end. I use ramstein to get myself jacked.

I didnt know that song was about nuclear war...I just love sound of it. I like songs that give you a sense of time going by or people moving on, thats what i think of. Like the beginning of it, it sounds sort of sad, but it makes it more meaningful i guess.

I love music and perfer music that speaks to me. My two favorite bands are mewithoutYou and Project 86. Both have amazing lyrics and the emotion in the songs are just...wow! MWY especially...but they are one of those bands you have to listen a few times to appreciate and understand (and the lead singer doesnt sing...he recites poetry in a dramatic way with varying tones and stuff!). I find the music by those two bring out feelings and emotions I never knew were there.

I find that music is the best way to cope with stress/anger or whatever. I personally listen to rap by Shady Aftermath Gunit as well as trance, euro, house but thats for the car stereo. When I am upset or just need to calm down I listen to Fight Music - D12, 'Till The Music Stops - D12, 'Till I Collapse - Eminem ft Nate Dogg, Don't Push Me - 50 Cent ft Eminem and Llyod Banks and there is a whole * * * * load of other songs but it'll take me a few paragraphs to write them all down.

to calm me down i listen to anything with a piano

for a game i'll listen to pillar, blindside, atmosphere, anything to get hyped

when i'm with my gf we usually listen to emo/acoustic stuff

there's a bunch of music for every different occasion music is amazing

I used to listen to blindside...but they lost me as a huge fan after releasing About a Burning Fire. A Thought Crushed My Mind will always be my favorite CD by them...LOL!

And I could never get into Pillar despite several people telling me how awesome they were. Maybe it was just the CD I bought.

I am a music fiend, and have been plugged into tape players/cd players/ipods since I could start picking my music. I don't know what this says about my maturity, but I never grow out of something I love, so I still love the stuff I did 20 years ago. I just keep collecting.

My list of the best is actually kind of long, but the shortest shortlist is: Muse, old Queensryche, Lost Horizon, Duran Duran, Nevermore, Megadeth, Rimsky-Korsakov, Helloween, Sonata Arctica. Mostly power metal, what an embarrassing admission. Bombastic overblown stuff that excites me and gets me singing along (tunelessly).

What brings out the best in me are the old stuff. Eric Clapton, Bob Marley, 38 Special, ACDC, stuff like that....

Oh, and Journey! of course...

Me too man, minus Marley. I'm a classic rock nut. I love the 50s rock and rockabilly, 60s and 70s rock. 80s Hair Metal and Arena rock. the 90s is where I start disliking the music with the arrival of Nirvana. A list of my favorite bands and artists:

Blue Oyster Cult

Bob Seger

Boston

The Cars

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Damn Yankees

David Bowie

Def Leppard

Dire Straits

The Eagles

Eric Clapton

Foreigner

Golden Earring

Great White

Johnny Cash

Journey

Led Zeppelin

Night Ranger

Poison

Queen

Quiet Riot

REO Speedwagon

The Rolling Stones

Rush

Skid Row

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Styx

Thin Lizzy

Twisted Sister

Van Halen

Whitesnake

White Lion

Keep in mind that these are just bands whose songs I like the majority of. There also tons of one hit wonders I like. As well as bands that only had one or two songs I liked. Like Bryan Adams with Summer of '69, or Ratt with Round and Round.

The songs that usually evoke emotion out of me are the Power Ballads, I'm really big on Power Ballads.

Damn Yankees; High Enough,

Bryan Adams; All For Love,

Aerosmith; I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

Warrant; Heaven

Steelheart; I'll Never Let You Go

Skid Row; I Remember You