ex gf showing interest

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely making some progress as the days go on, I am feeling good today. I still think about her, but I know what I have to do for myself, and No Contact right now is the way. I have nothing to say to her now. No Contact is empowering and makes you stronger emotionally. I'm sure I'm still going to have some bad days, but I will make it. I love her so much but it is time for me to let go.

Of course you will find times where you are thinking about her, but thank god you are making a choice to handle this in a classy, mature fashion. You're so right about no contact being the best thing for right now, and it's also the most "loving" thing to do, it's self love, and also loving her enough to let her have the space and time right now.. this is love. One day at a time.

Be proud of yourself for having the courage. Breathe, and know that all is exactly as it should be in this moment. So much of our pain comes from the "resistance" in the moment, but in 'acceptance" in the moment, we can start to heal... with no contact, and letting go, and letting fate step in..

My ex called me this morning around 7:30am, probably on her way to work. She said she was calling to say hi and hopes I have a good day. She said she knows she hasn't really talked to me much lately and that her and the kids have been so busy. She told me I could call her later. I am happy that she called, because it shows she is thinking about me. When we go a little time without talking lately, she calls as if she misses me, and you know I miss her. I can't believe how much stronger of a person I have become since we split, even just this last week I have made tremendous progress. I think that I have finally come to peace with the whole situation after 6 months and am able to think more clearly now. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Do not respond to this call, she said "if YOU want to you can call her", so she is having "no responsibility" for your contact, so be CAREFUL, she is finally at a point where she might be "discovering authentic" feelings for you, the best thing you can do is keep up no contact until she expresses a clear intent and some emotions towards wanting to "try again".. Honestly this is one of the "curiosity calls".. so be careful, protect your vulnerable heart, at least wait a few days IF YOU DECIDE to actually respond.. don't you think?

Here is the latest on my situation. I have been talking to my ex more often lately, the NC went out the window about a week ago. I had a feeling that NC just wasn't going to work right now and I had to go with my heart on this. We have been talking everyday now, at least a few times a day. She calls me in the morning to say good morning and hopes I have a good day. She is so happy lately to talk with me, she will call throughout the day to see how my day is going also. I get a text tonight that says, "Hey, I don't know how to say this but I have had alot of time to think and I really miss spending time together ;-) ps=I love you I have been waiting to hear this for 6 months and I am so happy to finally hear it. I felt that it might be coming but didn't know when. I wasn't going to say anything because I felt it should be initiated by her, and it was. I know this is just the beginning and we do have things to talk about, but I now have a foundation to work on and I know how she feels. I love her very much and I guess she still loves me also, she just needed her time. I guess good things really do come to those that wait. Thank you for all your advice Blender, you have helped me thru alot. Thank you to everyone that has posted in here. I will keep you posted on how things are going.

Hot damn! I just read this whole thread and I'm encouraged as hell to be strong as well. This thread is exactly what I'm going through, minus the little girl,. Congrats on the call back!

But yes, I'd wait a day or two before returning the call.

Blender, you're good. Very good.

I guess, though, it really all is just a game...but so is chess, which is respectable.

Blender is right, thru using this site and just time, I have been able to work on myself. I was prepared if my ex never came back but of course always hoped she would. I love her so much and realize that not everyone gets another opportunity. If things are truly meant to be, they will be. That is so true.

I am so thankful for her and the kids and I have prayed every night since they left me, and still do. I now pray that things will work out between us and for God to watch over us. "Praying is something we do in our time but the answers come in God's time." I wanted this to happen months ago, but neither one of us was ready and I think this time apart has really helped us. It is said that you don't realize what you have until it's gone, and we both realized that. I have become a much stronger person because of this, we both have. We appreciate one another more and realize how special we are to one another. I have been spending time with her and the kids lately and the kids still love me as if I was never away, and that makes me so happy.

I know that everyones situation is different, but Blender is right, use the time apart to work on yourself. I know it sounds like a game, you can call it what you want, but in the end it is about working on YOURSELF. Nothing you do can make the ex come back, it is a decision they must make, but there are positive decisions you can make for YOURSELF that can help you thru the process. It is a win-win situation. In my case, it has benefited me so that I can bring my improved self to our new relationship. Most people forget that relationships take work, and require equal commitment from both sides. I am fortunate that we are getting another chance and I will make the most of it. My last words are this: Never forget how special your significant other means to you or how much you love them, and let them know everyday. Take each day one at a time and enjoy every moment together, because you never know when it may be your last. Let them know how much you appreciate them and how thankful you are that they are apart of your life.

I have a long road ahead of me and I don't know where it will take me, it's a little scary and exciting at the same time. For all those of you who have read my entire post and given advice and opinions, thank you. You have read what I have been thru and hopefully have seen a change in me. To all of you still trying to get by without the ex in your life, keep your head up and stay strong. I know it is not easy but things have a way of working themselves out if it is meant to be. Continue working on YOURSELF and stay with this site, it has helped me tremendously. Good luck to all of you and thank you. I will keep you posted on my relationship.

Just an update on things.

Everything is going great between us so far, things aren't back to how they were before but that will take time. It's almost like you have to build a comfort level again with one another. We are spending more time together, I think we both realize what we had together and what we want, and missed one another so much. The kids and us are going to our favorite restaurant tonight and then we are taking the kids to see Christmas lights. This is what I have missed, the things that a family does together. I have been thru an awful lot and now things are starting to look up.

I know some couples try to jump right back into a relationship like nothing ever happened, but I believe things should be taken slow, one day at a time. This isn't just someone I really like, I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her. I have seen changes in her for the better and believe she has grown up some with our separation, we both have. We realize what we have together and I don't think we want to lose that. I will keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...