When do you need contraceptives???

quietgrl

I'm a virgin and when should i start to think about getting on contraceptives?I'm going to give you a "what If" story. I'm finally going to have my first face to face meeting with my online male friend of 2 1/2 years summer 2007.I'm happy because I really like this guy but we're JUST friends.

Well summer 2005 i could have met my male friend in California but our schedule didn't jive.Well we're going to try to meet next year on the east coast but my family is curiuos. My family knows that i like this guy and my sister ask me "What happens my male friend ask me to have sex?" I first told my sister we're just friends and i know my male friend wouldn't ask me that question or put us both in a sexual situation.Well now i'm wondering should i start to prepare myself even though i'm not getting married to any man or making a commitment to a LT boyfriend. I'm going to be honest with everybody.This is the man i want to lose my virginity too and if i can help it spend the rest of my life with and if i have a chance to fool around with him(outercourse, intercourse ???).Hmmmm.

I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing because i know nothing sexual will happen between us but when does a virgins start to think about contraceptives? ummm A virgin who doesn't have a man in her life.

i think always be prepared..you don't want to be caught in a moment and have to stop because you have no contraception.

i wouldn't advise you going on the pill just yet....it seems to work differently in the US then over here. here we only tend to go on the pill once we are in a relationship?

i think if this does happen and you lose you virginity to him...then think about the pill longer term...but for the first meeting...i would suggest condoms.

Good luck!! i do hope its everything you want it to be!

Since I never wanted to have sex outside a committed, loving relationship, I had a pretty good feeling when it would happen give or take. (I was 24, we had been dating over a year). We talked about what form/forms of bc to use. The first time we used condoms and after that I decided to go on the pill and we continued to use condoms as a back up method. The first time was sort of a "surprise" and if I had been sure I wouldn't go through with a pregnancy I would not have used only condoms - would have wanted to be on the pill - but I was comfortable with that situation.

I think you start thinking about what types of birth control are acceptable and safe enough for you in advance and you talk about it with your partner.