I have been dating the same person for the last 2 year and the only title that he has given me is a friend. I am performing girlfriend duties. He is the only person that I have been with in those 2 years. I have met his parents, sibliing, and his children. I feel like an * * * sometimes, because I do so much and I am not getting anything in return. I have really deep feelings for this person, but I don't know how he feels. Should I just give up and move on?

I have been dating the same person for the last 2 year and the only title that he has given me is a friend. I am performing girlfriend duties. He is the only person that I have been with in those 2 years. I have met his parents, sibliing, and his children. I feel like an * * * sometimes, because I do so much and I am not getting anything in return. I have really deep feelings for this person, but I don't know how he feels. Should I just give up and move on?

After 2 years!!! hell yes. give up & move on.

If he's not giving you anything more than a friend title, I'd Stop being more than a friend.

I'm sure in the 2 years you guys have talked about being more & he's not willing to give you want & you need.Take care of yourself & your heart. Take the sign he's giving & leave.

You are smart, faithful, patient & loving....You deserve someone who is sure! and best of all returns the love you give!!!!

Yeah, um....if after two years he still thinks of you as a friend, and refers to you as such....I would have to say he is not showing intention of any further commitment beyond "friends".

I am a bit confused about why you would be performing "girlfriend duties" (what the heck are girlfriend "duties" anyway????!!!!) if he has not indicated more than a friend actually.

A relationship is about partnership, and commitment from both partners - not performing "duties". Sorry but if after two years you have NO idea how he feels about you and the relationship...well thats a sign right there that you are not on the same page.

I have been around is friend and family. I feel that he has feelings, but I would like to hear them from him.

After 2 years, I should hope he has feelings.

If you want to hear it from him....than talk to him, tell him you need to know. It's fair question to ask.

wish you the best

I don't think there is much to talk about - he refers to you as a "friend" - and after two years he has never thought to have a discussion about where this is going, if anywhere. A conversation sounds redundant in this case but I guess if it would give you a sense of closure, sure. The real question is - why would you hang around and act like a "girlfriend" for this long without knowing where you stand? Do you know your worth?

• 2 weeks later...

please IM me when you get a chance...I am not quite in the same area as you are but close. Have you ever chosen to say girlfriend yourself?