I know this is going to sound really weird but I am a thin girl....AND I HATE IT!!! I know it's healthier and its the "ideal" but im 5'7 and can barely get over 125lbs. I have a few curves but I feel at the age of 25 (and with the way I eat) I should be waaay my curvaceous. I am so desperate that I have tried stuffing my face till ive almost puked and this week I am going to look into supplement drinks. This is ruining my relationship because my boyfriend constantly tells me im beautiful but I only wind up telling him that he's lying to make me feel better and I know he'd be happier if I was more bodacious. I've cried myself to sleep over this and ive let it take over my life. I wish it wouldnt but im so unhappy. Am I exaggerating? Also, does anyone have any good suggestions for how I can gain weight a lil quicker? Thanks!

You need to be careful how you gain weight. Just eating everything will lead to problems later in life. You can gain without clogging your arteries. I suggest whey protein and supplement shakes like Ensure. You want to avoid foods high in saturated fats, you should eat whole wheat breads, lots of fruits and veges. A balanced diet is still needed, but you can kick up your calorie intake.

ive tried Ensure but it hasnt worked. i think because I dont have the money right now to buy the number of bottles id need to drink daily in order to gain weight. I would need to eat my regular three meals a day & the ensure in between each meal. The cost starts to add up. But u had some good advice. Thank you. Im going to be careful of what i take in.I just want this sooo badly & soooo quickly!

Precious, you probably have a very high metabolism.

But don't force yourself to eat. When a person wants to gain weight you should consult a doctor first to make sure you don't have any prior health condition.

After that if you're simply wanting to gain weight & cannot, you have to shock your body. This is common with guys also who cannot gain any muscle mass or weight because of the high metabolism.

One of the things you can do is to gradually increase the calories you eat on a daily basis. But don't eat 2,500 calories the first day & do 3,000 calories the following week. Spread the meals 4~5 times a day whether you're eating snacks, fruits & healthy things in between. There's the healthy way to gain weight & unhealthy way. Strengthening exercise and weight training will also allow you to shock the body & a little mass mass will help you to gain a bit of weight.

This can't all happen 'quickly' or in few days. It may take few weeks but it will be one healthy way to gain weight. But don't let yourself down just because you think you're too thin. What really counts is how you feel & healthy you are.

Hey, I can relate to you. A year ago, I was 175 lbs [5'6" in height] and I was unsatisfied. People kept calling me fat and ugly, whatever. Anyways, I decided to change and lose weight. In about 5 months I went down to 115 lbs. I was still unsatisfied! I looked like a string bean, although I noticed a lot of guys checking me out . I was like, "hmmm, where'd my boobs go? and my bum?" I don't have big hips though, but I still have love handles . I don't think there's a way to become more curvacious. Isn't it just your bone structure and genetics? Some people are shaped like a pear, others an apple, and then there's the banana type people [me] . Some people even tell me now that I'm way too thin. I can't ever be perfect! First I'm too fat, then too thin. What do these people want for me? I shouldn't even worry about what other people think, but yet I do. Anyways, it's good that you're thin. If you have healthy eating habits, you should stick to them. Be happy with the way you are. What has helped me a bit is working out more. Tone up, gain muscle instead of fat. You don't want the extra jiggle, you want to look lean! Eat lean meats...lots of protein. If you start looking at yourself as beautiful, you will feel beautiful. You're boyfriend isn't lying to you either. Just accept the compliment. If you want to feel sexier, then wear sexier clothes. I always find that helps! Show some skin!

Ok, first of all do you have hyperthyroidism and have you been screened for type 2 diabetes? Either of these can prevent you from gaining weight. Then again, you may be perfectly healthy and you may just have a high genetic metabolism. Don't sabotage that. Don't go way overboard on protein supplements either, they tax the kidneys.

If it is simply your shape and body (athletic or naturally slim) then you need to learn to see yourself and your shape as beautiful! There are so many shapes and sizes of beauty. The curvacious girls wanna be thin, the thin girls wanna be curvacious...oy!

Do a quick little test and humour me for a minute, here.

Imagine yourself with the extra weight you desire. The ideal you have in your mind.

Picture your life at that new size.

How is it different?

Your response will be a good clue as to why you want to do this. And the motive is important. There are methods to 'bulk up' - takes work, but can be done. But there is no point if you are trying to fix an inside problem with an outside solution.

Also, if you have small hips and butt like me...you'd have to get beyond fat to get a big booty like is in fashion now. lol. Our bone structure is what it is - so may as well learn to love it.

Thanks so much guys. Youve all made good points. Im def. healthy and this is something that is genetic because my mother was thinner than I am when she was my age, and now, she's OVER weight. Luckily I do have a booty (small hips though) and my boob size is a 36C...not bad, right? I know I def. could be worse and, the person who added the above comment is right, we're never happy. If I gained weight id probably still complain about something else. I have guys knocking down my door and giving me compliments everywhere I go, so it is def. all in my head that i am unattractive. I guess instead of worrying about improving my size i should be improving my self-esteem. I really appreciate all your input.