my boyfriend went to a rub and tug before we hooked up is it ok?

He was pretty much being an idiot to tell you.

The real question here is how does this affect how you feel about him. Is this a deal breaker? Or is his telling you the deal breaker? Or, can you adjust to knowing. Take your time, don't be in a rush to make decisions.

Doesn't it come down to your values? Is it more that you don't want to know his past, that you don't want to be with a guy who's received a happy ending, or that you're totally cool with the idea and feel guilty that it doesn't bother you? Or is it some combination of those? You really haven't given us enough information to offer you any useful advice.

do you also not want to know if he was breast fed before he met you? Or would that be ok to tell you? Should he not tell you if he's ever masterbated before or is that not something you want to know?

I mean, you know he was alive and did stuff before he met you, right? You just don't want to know what those things were?

Well, I don't know...if I had a girlfriend and I found out she had had the equivalent of a rub and tug, I wouldn't feel comfortable being with her anymore. I mean, there's an imbalance in experience. I haven't had one but she has...it's not compatible. I'm sure if the OP had had such an experience, she wouldn't fnd her boyfriend's rub n tug an issue anymore.

haha, probably true.

I don't know how I'd feel if my girlfriend told me she had the female equivalent of that...still there is something of a societal double standard in that regard, for better or worse. A girl who goes to massage parlors to "get her rocks off" is probably somewhat odd (not to say guys who do aren't, I don't know any guys who admit to doing this), since if she's just after physical pleasure it's likely quite a bit easier to find a willing party than it is for the average guy to do the same.

This is assuming she's somewhat attractive and not a social retard.

P.S. I still giggle when I read "rub and tug," I never heard it referred to that way. Is that British slang or something?

If this was something he did before the two of got together he is fair and open with you, wants you to know what he did in his past and how you think about that and how that makes you feel. Being open in a relation and being honest is a good thing [only if it happens before u2 started dating] In that case see it as an good omen, he wants to be open with you, not big deal.