I just don't find my girlfriend attractive...

I get the feeling that in five years time she will grow in confidence, change her image, discover the true her and is gonna be a knock out chick with a fab body that women envy.

But by then she will probably got pissed off with you, found out what you have done, dumped you and will be laughing at YOUR ugly mug on screen and embarrassed that she even spent time with you.

I agree with this. She has a nice body, and it takes some people a while to "grow into" their looks. I bet she will be a knockout in 5 years.

There isnt much you can do without hurting her feelings, if my boyfriend gave me make up I'd be offended, though perhaps you could point out pictures of girl's hair that you think would suit her, and say so. However, only do this with a magazine. No one either of you know, or have seen.

If you dont find her attractive at all I doubt you love her. Please take the pictures down right now, no only is it pointless, it's also invading her privacy. If she finds them, not only will your relationship be over (quite rightly) but she may never recover. Most 18 year old girls are insecure enough without this.

Just a side note, she isn't hideous. She also has a nice body. Never ask anyone for judgement on someone you care about.

Sounds like your real issue is not whether she is attractive to you but whether you can be proud to have her on your arm. When it comes to that issue (and I agree, looks matter to a certain extent on that issue) the only thing you can do is comment on her grooming/hygiene - and only if you she is dressed inappropriately for the occasion/context. Luckily, although I too want to feel proud of whoever I am seen with, that pride comes from the person's charm, wit, presense, integrity and character - if he "sparkles" I don't really care what the shape of his nose is, or eyes, etc. I happen to be lucky that my bf is very cute as well as all those other things but, for example, he is not tall or particularly muscular. To me however he stands head and shoulders above everyone on those "inside" terms.

Confidence is one thing, but pretending someone looks good because you dont want to hurt their feelings is both completely without logic and unfair to that person.

That isnt to call someone ugly, that is to say that they arent attractive.

What is it these days we have to throw out all facts and logic so we can make people feel better. You know what would make people feel better? If they were told the truth.

Confidence is one thing, but pretending someone looks good because you dont want to hurt their feelings is both completely without logic and unfair to that person.

That isnt to call someone ugly, that is to say that they arent attractive.

What is it these days we have to throw out all facts and logic so we can make people feel better. You know what would make people feel better? If they were told the truth.

because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It isn't a "fact" that someone is unattractive. What is attractive to one person may be unattractive to another.

Like mom always used to say, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."

Right, but do you think she's attractive?

Point being, if we're not going to generalize (ie whats attractive, what isn't) to some degree we might as well discard every generalization and evaluate people on every feature on a minute scale.

I know there's differences between what someone thinks is attractive and what someone doesnt think is attractive, but we all have to draw the line somewhere.

My point isnt to establish an imaginary ugly line anyway, it's to point out that the truth is valued by everyone. Trying to make someone feel all fuzzy and spare their feelings at the waste of some actually useful opinions is absurd.

Right, but do you think she's attractive?

Point being, if we're not going to generalize (ie whats attractive, what isn't) to some degree we might as well discard every generalization and evaluate people on every feature on a minute scale.

I know there's differences between what someone thinks is attractive and what someone doesnt think is attractive, but we all have to draw the line somewhere.

My point isnt to establish an imaginary ugly line anyway, it's to point out that the truth is valued by everyone. Trying to make someone feel all fuzzy and spare their feelings at the waste of some actually useful opinions is absurd.

What I think about her doesn't matter at all. I am not in a relationship with her.

I think if he is not attracted to her, he should break it off with her.

There's honest and then there is cruel and tactless. I would never turn down a guy by saying, "You are too ugly to even look at." I may say something like, "I don't feel the romantic chemistry with you."

I think looks do matter especially if you are in a relationship. Compliment what colors would look nice on her, buy her the make up, or go shopping together.

If you think your problem is bad, it can get worst over time even sexually if you don't do something about it.

I'm glad you really like her for her personality but sounds like she just needs a little help....Good Luck!

Okay, if looks are so important to you then why are you with her?

Does she know that you feel this way?

I think you should end the relationship. When you truly love someone it wouldn't matter if he or she looked like Quasimodo they would be beautiful to you(okay, Quasimodo is over the top but I think you get my meaning)...

Your girlfriend she break up with you. She deserves someone who will find her beautiful and not put her pics up for public display(to prove how unattractive she is)...

Anyway, how about you? Do you look like Jude Law or something?

Forgive me but I just think it is a travesty to diss your significant(or in this case INsignificant)other behind his or her back.

**off the soapbox**