Was just reading Jennster's post, and I realized that I have never felt butterflies in my life, not with any friends I've had or people I've dated. I got this dizzy, happy feeling when I first met my bf, and when we kiss, but other than that, nothing. This can't be normal, because so much emphasis seems to be placed on feeling "butterflies". I know I can't force them, but has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah honestly butterflies aren't even a happy feeling - for me it was almost a sense of dread. I would get physically ill every time I knew I was going to be seeing the guy I was crushing on. I would get so nervous in my stomach that I could hardly eat...for me those were butterflies. Everyone is different. When I'd get that feeling in the pit of my stomach I KNEW I really like a guy...the only reason I brought up my other thread was because I rarely experienced that feeling with my current boyfriend.

Yeah honestly butterflies aren't even a happy feeling - for me it was almost a sense of dread. I would get physically ill every time I knew I was going to be seeing the guy I was crushing on. I would get so nervous in my stomach that I could hardly eat...for me those were butterflies. Everyone is different. When I'd get that feeling in the pit of my stomach I KNEW I really like a guy...the only reason I brought up my other thread was because I rarely experienced that feeling with my current boyfriend.

Well, it may mean that you really liked the guy or it could have simply been nerves that you were turned on by him and how you weren't secure that he felt the same - could have been all about ego. That would explain why people feel butterflies for people that are complete strangers - nothing to do with the person really - just hormones, lust and anxiety/insecurity.

butterflies suck...

Yeah honestly butterflies aren't even a happy feeling - for me it was almost a sense of dread. I would get physically ill every time I knew I was going to be seeing the guy I was crushing on.

Im like this, only its not so much 'physically ill' as just feeling really bad... (and its not the guy im crushing on )

I also get butterflies sort of like an empty feeling when things arent going right in life... They're a by-product of me being in a really bad/unhappy mood...