Weird, assosiation with a song and my ex

Well its odd, I broke up from my ex about 9 months aggo (painfull for me). She has had a new bf I have a new gf who I love, so its not like im not over my ex.

Well weirdest thing happened, I listened to a queen song which I assosiat with me ex, and for some reason became all sad and started crying.

What I was wondering, is why did I cry, I had no reason, and am over my ex so why???

Its because your not over your ex yet. But don't let it get to you, its like the song opened a closed closet, which made memories appear, these memories are emotional and this is what made your cry, i think you envisioned a different future however my advice is to close the closet, like one closes a chapter of a book and start writing new pages of your life.

Its ok to love your ex forever, what's important tho is to realise that it is a dead end road. You have moved on, started a new life and you should cherish the good moments of the past, but think of the future and most importantly keep on living today.

Its nothing to worry about it'll fade away.

Probably because you are not entirely over her. But don't let this bother you. You had something, a relationship, you envisioned a future with her and it's gone, you shared emotions with her and they are gone, etc. Just because you have found someone you want to be with now does not mean all the old wounds and scars in your heart have healed. It does not eman that the new girlfriend fills the same space that the old one left empty.

In time, these things will become fewer, rarer and less intense, but they may never disappear entirely. I still get them once in a while about a woman I last spoke to 17 or so years ago, another one who died in 1998 and which I lasted dated in 1993, and a third one I have not seen since early 2002. Each of these women I loved, and each had a special place in my heart. Their places in my heart may be a little different, but it has not disappeared. In some way I miss all of them, but I am not about to leave the woman I have now, which is the best thing I have ever had.

Emotional triggers like songs or scents or certain holidays don't necessarily get weaker with age.... Just like a Vietnam vet who years later hears a sound or smells something that takes him back and breaks down, your mind holds onto things long after your heart has let go.

If it really bothers you try to associate the song with something else. Listen to it when doing something fun...try and listen to it with the new love of your life... or just avoid it until the trigger becomes so weak that you can't remember what it was about that song that used to set you off...

You will be fine. You have already moved on in your heart, don't sweat the small stuff. The tears just show you are human...

Its because your not over your ex yet. But don't let it get to you, its like the song opened a closed closet, which made memories appear, these memories are emotional and this is what made your cry, i think you envisioned a different future however my advice is to close the closet, like one closes a chapter of a book and start writing new pages of your life.

Its ok to love your ex forever, what's important tho is to realise that it is a dead end road. You have moved on, started a new life and you should cherish the good moments of the past, but think of the future and most importantly keep on living today.

Its nothing to worry about it'll fade away.

Well I have started a new chapter in my life, I have a new girlfriend, and we have been going out for about 4 months now, who I love and makes me realise how unlucky I was getting with my ex because my current girlfriend is sooo much better in every conceivable way. In fact I haven’t really even thought about or spoken to my ex in a LONG time.

As some of you said, it was bringing back sad memories, I didn't really remember anything, just suddenly went sad and tears came. I have 2 distinct memories of that song one happy, one sad.

1. We were listening to it alot on the way to Alton Towers theme park in the car.

2. I listened to it a lot after we had just broken up and I was all depressed.

mind if i ask what song it was?

Of course not it was "Queen - Play the Game"

Had to listen to the whole album to find which one it was but I knew when I heard it.