Why Do Men Like Attractive Women ??

This may seem like a dumb question, but I reallly am confused. I mean, there is no difference between an attractive woman and an unattractive one. Sex is no different...it's all the same !!! So why do men prefer attractive women?? This is so confusing to me, because logically there is no different between attractive woman and unattractive women, but even so most of us still prefer the attractive women !! Why is this ???

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because in general, attractive people look healthier, and healthy women = healthy babies, which is why you are primally drawn to them.

it's all about passing your genes onto the next generation... our primordial instincts

couldnt have said it better myself

also in todays society money and looks = power

sex is mental....

If you're physically attracted - what ever that even means to the specific and individual man - you will enjoy the experience more.

But what some find "an attractive woman" others don't so that seems a silly statement. If a guy likes someone, regardless of what she looks like to you, it's more than likely he finds her attractive.

because in general, attractive people look healthier, and healthy women = healthy babies, which is why you are primally drawn to them.

it's all about passing your genes onto the next generation... our primordial instincts

lol bobo took my line! That's straight to the point. It's the same with women being attractive to men also, right?

This may seem like a dumb question, but I reallly am confused. I mean, there is no difference between an attractive woman and an unattractive one. Sex is no different...it's all the same !!! So why do men prefer attractive women?? This is so confusing to me, because logically there is no different between attractive woman and unattractive women, but even so most of us still prefer the attractive women !! Why is this ???

Yeah, it makes sense to prefer someone you're more attracted to, why would I want to waste my time with a girl I wasn't attracted to? It wouldn't be fair to her, or to me. How would you feel if say you were her, and we went out, and somehow it led to us going back to your place, and then I told you I wasn't attracted to you...so, nothing was going to happen. You probably wouldn't feel so great if you had a great night with me and I just ruined it because of the fact that I had to be honest.

Sex is not all the same either...haha...seriously...some people are good at it, some aren't...no matter what you look like. Most just need to LEARN though.

Anyways..it's human nature to go after someone you're more attracted to...and I second what VIRGOLDY said.

But the passing on genes theory only works if the offspring of attractive women end up surviving and reproducing themselves. Is there any proof that offspring from attractive women are more likely to survive and to pass on thier genes ?? If not, then that can't be the reason why men tend to prefer attractive women....is there any relationship between attractiveness and having children survive and reproduce themselves ????

The definition of attractive is so vague though, I think. I think Brad Pitt is UGLY whereas MOST women find him extremely attractive. I think we all have different tastes. A lot of young girls get jealous of these models, but I think they are truly hideous...too skinny and too much fake blonde (no offense blondes). To each his or her own.

But the passing on genes theory only works if the offspring of attractive women end up surviving and reproducing themselves. Is there any proof that offspring from attractive women are more likely to survive and to pass on thier genes ?? If not, then that can't be the reason why men tend to prefer attractive women....is there any relationship between attractiveness and having children survive and reproduce themselves ????

well, "attractive" is a relative term. what one person finds attractive is not what another person finds attractive. I would say that most men don't want a woman who is so skinny she can't have babies, but a woman who isn't so fat she can't run after the children and keep up with them.

I would say that you are less likely to mate with fat bastard than with brad pitt. I know I'd be afraid of fat bastard crushing me!

I read some study a while back, in general, people are most attracted to those with symmetric faces. ie, both eyes the same shape, both sides of the lips the same, etc. most people are slightly assymetric though.

I'm not sure in humans, but I'm pretty sure that these studies have been done in other species, like where birds with the most plumage and vivid colors pass on their genes.

Yep, symmetry is very attractive, no matter the culture; no matter the gender.

Men look for attractive women because of the aforementioned reasons:

Reproductive capabilities.

Biologically, that was how we were created. In terms of physical features, that would make sense, especially seeing the emphasis men have on women's breasts, hips and behind.

Connotates better reproductive fertility and child-bearing success.

I'd like to point out that there is nothing "logical" about this. It's simply a matter of physical attraction; which is essentially just lust and hormones doing their thing.

The word attractive describes something that attracts. For instance a magnet is attractive.

thereforeeee if Fat Bastard attracted admirers, he would then be attractive.

Same goes for Keith Richards, Larry King or Rosanne Barr.

"attraction" is too vague.

Some guys might like how she carries herself. A girl might like the way he makes her laugh. A guy might like her feet even. A girl might like the dimples in his cheeks.

But that's only the start of things isn't it...

Then maybe once you learn more it's about how they fit into your life. How they make you feel. How they influence you. How they challenge you. Or perhaps more sinister, how they LOOK on your arm. Or how you look on THEIR arm.

The Attraction can change as people know each other more.

You wonder how models and actresses lose in love (divorce) all the time when they are the most "attractive" (and rich) people in the world.

If it really was about mere looks, they'd have it made no?

Why do men like attractive women? Because they are attractive:

attractive

adj 1 pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm[/b]; "a remarkably attractive young man"; "an attractive personality"; "attractive clothes"; 2: having power to arouse interest; [syn: attractive(a), magnetic] [ant: repulsive(a)]

Hi

No, because they alluded to men and women, then mentioned how we choose women. A woman wouldn't do that.

Call me Columbo.

I hope I'm right. If not, I'll turn in my badge.

Well then Columbo, maybe not you... but the reason I asked was because of posts like these...

Do you like having sex with an UGLY guy? I mean you have to get turned on somehow don;t you?

Anyways..it's human nature to go after someone you're more attracted to...and I second what VIRGOLDY said.

Brad Pitt and Fat Bastard both approach you, who do you pick?

Brad Pitt and Fat Bastard both approach you, who do you pick?

LoL...I like that, good and straight to the point.

I just didn't think these kinds of comments would be directed at a guy.