I divorced my husband, and I don't regret my decision

If you read my initial thread I won't bother telling the story again.( ),

Today my ex and I, alongside our attorneys, met in a neutral area. Daryl(my husband) and his lawyer decided to settle with me because they would lose in court due to all the overwhelming evidence against him.

To make a very long story short(and not get bogged down in legal details) I'm getting over half my husband's fortune from the settlement. I would prefer to see him in a jail cell for what he did, but atleast I get monetary vindication.

This was the first time I saw Daryl outside the hospital since three weeks ago. Inspite of being in a wheelchair he still cuts a dashing figure. He's healing up nicely, but he looked really pitiful. He could hardly look me in the eye during the entire process. Atleast I know he has some semblence of a conscience.

After we went through all the legalities we signed the divorce papers and it was done. Then Daryl asked me if we could talk, privately. So we went into a separate room.

He went through all the little pleasantries about how great I looked. Then he chuckled and said, "I bet you couldn't wait to tell the hospital, right before I was released, that you couldn't take care of me."

"Atleast I had the courtesy to tell the hospital that I was going to leave you there." I said. He didn't say anything for several seconds, not like him at all.

Then I just asked him, pointedly, why he left me.

And he said, "I had a change of heart. It was just something that happened."

That is when I went off on him. Everything that I had pent up inside came tumbling out. I verbalized everything I was feeling, past and present. I don't know if it was productive but it was emotionally cleansing.

Then he did something atypical of himself. He said he was sorry for everything he put me through. That, in and of itself, gave me closure. I said thank you.

Then he had the audacity to ask if I thought there was still a chance we might reconcile, because he was still in love with me. I wanted to laugh but I opted for an affirmative "no." My ex is extremely manipulative and I wish I had known that then.

So I gave him a kiss and wished him well. Then I took my check to the bank and went shopping. I'm planning a vacation in a month as well.

I don't know if I'll ever see him again. But I don't care. That part of my life is over and I'm glad. This entire experience taught me alot of things. One important lesson that learned is to never love so hard that you forget to love yourself. I put all of my faith and trust into that man and he abandoned me. But, in the end, I learned that I could count on me.

I'm thinking of writing a memoir. My best friend told me that my life is like a soap opera(lol).

Thank you all for supporting me through this. ((HUGS))

~Persephone~

Yes, I clearly remember your post about him leaving you for 5 long years with the mistress and then after that accident that left the other woman dead and you going through with the papers, he yet asked if there is possible reconcilation, LOL. If I were you I wouldn have laugh so hard on that one and would just like be "LOL, Oh yea there is, but only in your dreams, bye for now". It's normal not to regret anything, afterall you're not the one who broke the vows and not the one who abandoned the relation along with taken the stolen money. He was thinking of using hsi same old strategy again so he could manipulate you that way he woudl repeat the same thing, good thing you didn't fall for it. Once it's already enough to get burned, twice would have been your fault.

LOL, oh boy, that statement he made about possible reconciling and that he still loves you, is now making laugh some more. If it wasn't for the accident for sure he would be still with the another woman and a happy father with her.

Hey girl,

I posted in your other thread and I will post here too. I am so happy things worked out and that you got everything you deserve. And I am glad you got your closure and you are happy with it. Have fun on your vacation. Check in from time to time okay?

Take care.

Wow, that is an awesome end to the saga. I'm really very happy for you. You got what you were entitled to, and you got some closure. You are a very fortunate person, so many people don't get that.

Congratulations and I wish you all the best on the next chapter of your life.

That ex of yours is a sociopath. His mistress and child JUST DIED a few days ago and he's already dusted himself off and looking to find another woman to fufill the gap she left in his life. That's scary as hell. You are soooo smart to have run like hell from that man. He didn't love you, he didn't love her, who knows if he's even capable of love at all.

Very true, sociopath do not love anyone, not even their own children. Sad news if some married couples with children have sociopaths and they don't even notice, they're good in faking everything. To them, the only reason they raised their kids would be just out of obligation, but no feelings for anything nor anyone, now that's freaking scary. Good thing the poster didn't have a kid with him.

He is definitely a sociopath. His whole attitude is so nonchalant. Oh well, my pregnant lover is dead. I know, I'll hook back up with my ex-wife, that I left to die five years ago! What a repulsive scab.

AWomanScorned you did the right thing. Keep going and never look back. You'll feel alot better. There are plenty of other men who will treat you the way you need to be treated. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!! I read your story in the other thread. You have been so courageous. What a story of karma if there ever was one.

You keep moving forward with your life and never look back!! No-one deserves what he did to you....take care, and all thes best.