Blessings in disguise

Sometimes, no matter how much it hurts initially, not getting what you want is a blessing in disguise. After a break up that was very painful for me (it was the first time someone had broken up with me...and I didn't realize how much it would have hurt me) I wanted love immediately. I wanted the guy who hurt me, I wanted just a someone...someone "good enough". I asked a really nice guy out that was a friend of mine and he just wanted to be friends. Naturally, I had to deal with a blow to my confidence. In the end, though, I finally had to stop trying to heal the pain by merely placing a man in my life. So many of us do this. Now, I have finally gotten a hold of a peace of mind. I decided to gain hold of my faith again and it has made me realize that I don't need another human being to be at peace. Now, I am enjoying the me in my natural state...someone who is free and without the influence of another. I finally realize that I don't even want anyone, and its freeing. I finally wish everyone happiness again. I was destructively envious for a while, and filled with anger...now, even my enemies I wish the best. I don't think its important to prove that I am significant anymore, either. I am significant. ANd its not done through elevating myself above others. Its done through helping others with a true heart of love. It took such time, because I was grappling not just with myself and my pain, but with my spirit. And time does help with healing, A LOT A LOT of time. If I meet someone, which, now- I am in no hurry- I wouldn't compromise what I think is worthy dating material. If I date, its not for the game anymore, its for the real thing.