What do you consider the most romantic accent?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't like British that much... sounds too stuck-up, lol, no offense to Brits! many do like it though, I know. my mom's doctor has the dreamiest accent, but I'm not actually sure where he's from! My aunt guessed South African, I guessed a light Australian accent... whatever it is, I like!

I also met a guy this weekend who had a very nice accent, it's actually a mix... middle eastern with European somewhere...

I like the Netherlands' accent as well... mm I love accents!

Ukrainian-Canadian (hey baby ).

Accents are not really something that gets me to be honest...my mother has a very prevalent English accent as did my grandparents so it was never anything "unique" to me. I have also known (and dated some of them) men with different accents (ie latin, French, French-Canadian (not that romantic...lol), English, Kiwi's (as in from New Zealand, not the fruit!), Australian) and it does not necessarily mean they are more romantic just because they have a "romantic" accent!

Some definitely have a smooth sound to them though that many woman I know find to be attractive - thank 007 for the popularity of the English accent and what they associate it with!

RayKay,

I think being from the US the European accents are alluring. If I lived in Europe I would probably not think anything of it. In Canada there is also a blending of European accents. I live on the West Coast and the accent here is what you see on Amercian commericals and news. Which is no accent.

RayKay,

I think being from the US the European accents are alluring. If I lived in Europe I would probably not think anything of it. In Canada there is also a blending of European accents. I live on the West Coast and the accent here is what you see on Amercian commericals and news. Which is no accent.

American news stations love to use Canadians because of the "no accent". I always found that funny as everyone has an accent to SOMEONE else. I do understand though that many of them remove the inflection and they lack the very regional accents that you can find accross the US, so that is why they use Canadians.

When I was 8 or 9 I went to England & Wales for the first time and got in an argument with some classmates (I went to school there for a couple months) about whom had the accent...LOL.

accross Canada there is quite the blend accross the country. There is a different dialect and accent from one side of Canada to the other, and in between. If people want "interesting" accents they ought to go spend some time talking to some of the Maritimers! They are speaking in English, but you sometimes need a translator!

Big Country lead singer Stuart Adamson had a very thick Scottish accent that was quite attractive.

I also have a thing for how Monty Python members Michael Palin & Eric Idle sound.

Brian May from Queen also has an accent I find appealing.

And I realize the chances of anyone under 25 who know who all of those folks are and what they sound like is dwindling by the day...but, oh well.

Well I being one of them Maritimers, I do think that you may need a translator, esp. the Newfoundlanders lived there for years so I have alittle of both and it can be confusing to some.....

Slick

I think it is the slang that is the most difficult for "mainlanders" to understand. My uncle was a Maritimer (Newfoundland and PEI at various times) for many years, and picked a lot of it up - I was a young one then and looked at him in confusion half the time he talked I think!

My boyfriend's British accent ;-) It's sooooo cute!! When I first heard him speak, I giggled. I've love the British accent for the longest I can remember and I was so happy I snagged myself a British man! Woot!

Australian accents can be attractive too.

For a lady, I would say southen USA, I just love it, last time I was over there met a grate girl who just meted my hart with her words.

I have dated a French girl and she has a cut one, but her temper OMG.

As for mine it Englich Home Counties

Scon not scoone, One not I, Barth not bath