How many hours of sleep do you get each night (on average)?

How many hours of sleep do you get each night (on average)?

I tend to get 8-9 hours of sleep in during the school year. During the summer I probably get around 9 or 10. Years ago I used to stay up until late into the night, like 2am, crash, and then wake up at maybe 2:00 in the afternoon and start the cycle all over again everyday. Yikes, so much time missed by just sleeping.

How about you?

Although i feel tired when i wake up, i function optimally with 7.5 hours of sleep. When i wake up with no alarm it's normally first around 7.5 hours after going to bed, if i stay in bed and try to go back to sleep its for around an hour, then an hour after that.

Anymore, i get in bed around 2am and wake up around 10am

I get about 4 hours a night. I can function on nothing for a few days I usually go to bed about 2am and get up around 6am. ...

I wanna be 25 again

Now I must sleep latest after being up for 24 hours.

... And I sleep better after having a coffee.

btw, have you tried to swallow a whole bottle? Let me know howyou feel when/if you wake up. Mr. Twisted HAha

You are soooo sweeeet.

wow, i couldn't stay asleep for 10 straight hours if i swallowed a bottle of Xanax.

after much experimentation, all of it involuntary, i've found that i need 4.5 to be able to function in the morning. i usually get around 5 or 6.

but i hibernate for three months every winter.

j/k--we don't have winter here in L.A.!

i will admit that i occasionally chewed up one of my ex's Xanaxes (?) to get to sleep quickly when it was 2 AM and i had to get up for work at 6. and yes, once i did try to take a whole bottle of them, but the cap was too wide for my esophagus and i had to pry it back out with salad tongs. true story.

i will admit that i occasionally chewed up one of my ex's Xanaxes (?) to get to sleep quickly when it was 2 AM and i had to get up for work at 6. and yes, once i did try to take a whole bottle of them, but the cap was too wide for my esophagus and i had to pry it back out with salad tongs. true story.

(warning label on bottle) Remove the cap before insertion!!! Man, ppl need to start paying attention to details more.

I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to sleep. I have had insomnia on and off for a number of years. Don't really think of it as a problem these days, but was terrible in my late teens. I have a mega metabolism, active body (i jiggle all the time), and the doctor ended up telling me to do so much exercise I exhausted my body to get me to sleep.

Nowdays if I get wired, or thinking about something, or an idea, I can't get to sleep. THe only time I took sleeping pills was when my ex dumped me... the brain went into overload trying to "analyse" things... Mmmmm Sleeping pills. But left me a zombie during the day.

i need atleast 6 or i will be cranky all day long. if i drink well i sleep alot longer but the longer i sleep my head hurts its weird. i use to only like get 3 hours sleep if i was lucky when i had depression well i still do but im getting alot better.

and at one stage in my life all i did pretty much was eat and sleep that was a diff part of my depression. but if made me feel like crap so i would just go back to sleep

Not much, haha. It's 5 AM, just finished a 10 hour shift at my first job, leaving in 20 minutes to pull a 8 hour shift at my next job, get home at noon, crash till about 8 at night, go out with friends, crash at 4, sleep for about 16 hours, go out again, crash at 4, sleep for ~14, get up, go to work, start the week all over again. During the work week I get about a day and it's not nearly enough...

I need 8-9 hours of sleep to wake up feeling good. I exercise every morning, and by the time night comes I'm usually a little sore and tired and can fall asleep instantly.

I've found exercise improves my quality of sleep overall.

Anything less than 7 hours- and I'm very unhappy and unproductive for the rest of the day.

BellaDonna

I usually get between 6-7 most of the time. I get up pretty early (5 am or 6 am) to go running or go to gym, most days of the week before work (or soon school!). While I COULD go to bed earlier, it's difficult to hit the sack really anytime before 10 for me, so it's usually between 10 pm and 11 pm that I actually get to bed.

It seems to be enough most of the time, though I may get more like 8-9 on the weekend nights to make up for it a bit, especially after a pretty active week. After a big race on the weekend, I tend to get to bed even earlier the Sunday night to be a bit more refreshed Monday.