Choose your phobia...

Below I have listed the link to a site that has every phobia you can think of listed in alphabetical order. I have about three of them. The only one I could not find was "fear of being cheated on ". You would think that one would be on the list. Here I've listed my three below. I was surprised that there were so many. THey even have one for people who are not afraid of anything. Isnt that crazy?

Any how have fun.

link removed

1. ATAXIPHOBIA of disorder or untideness (not the worst fear to have)

2. Demophobia "Fear of crowds"

3. I can't find this one...but I know its there "fear of roaches"

Other than that and the one they don't have listed.."fear of being cheated on"..thats all I have. I think three is MORE than enough and the fourth one pending.

I find this one kind of cruel to do to people with it!

link removed - Fear of palindromes (not necessarily an actual word; aiboh is not of course Greek or Latin for Palindrome, but is simply intended to make the word itself palindromic)

People have some strange phobias - fear of chickens???? The colour blue?

Here is a thread I had done a short time back on phobias. Might give some insight on the ones already posted before.

For me it is the fear of SPIDERS !! You can read my thoughts on that on the thread. It makes me shudder all over just to think of talking about it . That is why I added the link to the thread here.

My mum and grandmother had this: Bufonophobia - Fear of toads. Frogs too in there though. I on the other hand used to bring frogs, toads, lizards, snakes, home all the time. Poor mum! She hid her fear so we did not inherit it. I figured it out though, considering she made me always move frogs/toads in the yard, and freaked out a couple times when one came too near

My phobias...hmmm...I fear more losing the other people in my life. Maybe not a fear, but a concern. Fear of them being hurt, or dying. This is large part due to my past experience with my young boyfriend dying suddenly.

I guess I used to have "cancerophobia" due to my family history but ironically, since my mum was dx'd, I am not so scared. I guess I already know I am doing all I can to prevent it, and if it comes to it, I will face it, and I know I have a supportive family & partner. I am getting genetic testing, and if it comes back, I will do my best to minimize my risk even more so with medical treatments/surgery.

I am not fond of looking over a cliff edge, but I can ride my bike within a few feet of one as long as it's a stable area and I don't feel pushed too near for example.

I am cautious when camping of bears, but we take precautions.

I don't LIKE c0ckroaches, but I don't fear them.

Yeah, I really don't think I have phobias - I have concerns, situations that may make me feel uneasy, and dislikes, but nothing I am intensely terrified of.

Here is a thread I had done a short time back on phobias. Might give some insight on the ones already posted before.

For me it is the fear of SPIDERS !! You can read my thoughts on that on the thread.

I hate spiders too!! I don't mind: mice, bees, roaches, snakes...etc...but there's something about those little 8 legged b*!

One time I had some black hair clips that kind of resembled big black spiders on my dresser, and they kept freaking me out so much I couldn't touch them let alone put them in my hair! One day my ex (then current) bf was over, and we were gonna go out, and I saw those clips and totally freaked, and made him come in and take them all out to the dump! He kept laughing at me, but it wasn't funny (ok, I guess it was a little funny!) But I was so glad they were gone!

I have a fear of lightening.

Remind me to tell you of my family sometime kell...my grandfather (2x), my grandmother and my mum as a baby all had very, very close separate experiences with lightening.

I love lightening/thunderstorms though. Unless I am in a canoe or on my bike trying to beat it home!

I hate spiders too!! I don't mind: mice, bees, roaches, snakes...etc...but there's something about those little 8 legged b*!

One time I had some black hair clips that kind of resembled big black spiders on my dresser, and they kept freaking me out so much I couldn't touch them let alone put them in my hair! One day my ex (then current) bf was over, and we were gonna go out, and I saw those clips and totally freaked, and made him come in and take them all out to the dump! He kept laughing at me, but it wasn't funny (ok, I guess it was a little funny! But I was so glad they were gone!

Stories like that freak me out !! It sends shivers up my spine, even talking about it here. I try to tell my stories, so that it might help me over come a little bit of the fear . Spiders cause me tons of anxiety if you read my post on the other thread you will see what I mean. Here is another story that I am going to try and tell,, even though my heart pounds as I contemplate typing it. I know that sounds crazy, but its a serious issue for me with spiders. Some of the back ground is in my thread I had on here before.

There was one of those ugly big spiders in the bathtub in the spare bathroom the other day when I was cleaning. I live alone so I knew I had to get rid of it msyelf .I would not be able to sleep the night had I not. I was afraid to try and wash him down the drain with hot water because I kept thinking what it it does not kill him and he comes crawling back out. So I sat here for an hour before I remembered I had some of the insect spray that will shoot 30 feet in a stream. So I stood back as far as I could, and shot him with it, when I did it jumped and initially I thought it was coming out of the tub. Soon it curled up and expired. I had to leave it there for three days before I could go back and scoop it up and throw down the toilet.

RayKay,

I have not had any close calls with lightening...but I am originally from the midwest and the storms and tornados they get out there! Yikes. It just seems like my fear gets worse as I get older...go figure! LOL

I do not mind thunderstorms or lightening as long as I am safely indoors, away from pipes, phones and water!

O.M.G. ! That is awful! I hear you!! I have your fear too. And I even get really anxious sometimes when something resembles a spider. I HATE finding spiders in the shower/tub. And yes what if you wash him down and he comes crawling back out while your scrubbing? What if you're scrubbing your hair and he crawls out and bites you on the toe?!! It's really too much.

I had my house built brand new and just moved into it within about a year ago. well of course, at first the mice didn't know where else to go. Now I've managed to keep them out. But it seems like at first there were A LOT of spiders! I had some friends over and we were watching movies and I looked over and I'll be darned if there wasn't the biggest ugiest one right on the couch! I probably jumped about five feet.

Just one now but it’s a whopper

Aerophobia - Fear of flying, drafts, air swallowing or airborne noxious substances.

How do I feel when I’m on a plane?

Well Image a room in which is a bath tub full of spiders, of your own accrued you have to enter the room,

The door will then be locked for 8 hours, then you have to go up to the bath tub clime in with all the

spiders and sit there for the whole 8 hours, during which you watch A film and a have a very bad meal.

At the end your clime out and know that in a for hours or days you will have to do the hole thing again.

Ask your self how do you sleep knowing this.

“It is unlucky to be Superstitious”

Just one now but its a wopper

Aerophobia - Fear of flying, drafts, air swallowing or airborne noxious substances.

I'm surprised, it seems like some of those are so different that they wouldn't be lumped in to the same phobia! Airborne noxious substances, is that like how if someone comes around spraying for insects, you don't want to breathe that? It seems so unrelated to flying!

I love your name.. "I am a teddy bear..." that is so cute...

Anyhow..

I didnt know someone else did this one already..sorry guys. I must have over looked that.

My husband has a SEVERE fear of spiders. I dn't fear them...but any talk of them makes him upset.

I have this serious issue with roaches. I dn't know where it came from ..but I know it exist...yuck

I love your name.. "I am a teddy bear..." that is so cute...

Thank you!

My husband has a SEVERE fear of spiders. I dn't fear them...but any talk of them makes him upset.

I have this serious issue with roaches. I dn't know where it came from ..but I know it exist...yuck

Yeah, it seems like the spider one and the roach one are both pretty common...they're icky!

Spugly- that was a really good description of how it feels, at least one I could relate too.

I would pass out if someone told me I had to climb into a tub full of spiders. If I didn't pass out upon being told, I would surely pass out while IN the tub full of spiders. - Nauseating.

I think there are meds one can take tho to help with the fear of flying , along with therapy, when the fear is that severe and the flight is that necessary. No word yet tho on what they're doing to help with the bad movies and really bad food.....

Is flying something you have to do often??

Yes Ta ree Saw my job means I have to and I have a trip to china this year as well.

I can not be hypnotised payed a lot to find that out and have been on BA's fear of flying couse.

The meds do help ist the loss of sleep for the weeks befor and wile there that dos me in.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia / Sesquipedalophobia - Fear of long words.

Best. Phobia. Ever.

And no I don't have it, it just caught my eye.

EDIT:

Panophobia / Pantophobia - Fear of everything.

Papaphobia - Fear of the Pope.

Oh dear, I'm taking too much enjoyment out of this.

I was thinking about fear factor and what I would do and what I COULD not do...for money. If anything had roaches in it...I'd be off the show in an instant. Spiders ...well depending on the size...i think I could muster up enough courage ....but roaches...NO WAY.

And for the record...those suckers do bite....

Oh yea, have plenty of them. Here are my list of phobias.

1) Being in a very closed space,my #1 fear, it's called claustrophobia

2) Arachnophobia (spiders)

3) Public speech, I would get stage fright

4) Being single forever (that would be total waste of time, very boring life)

5) I'm very disgusted by roches too, thought dunno if it's really fear, just the thought of them freaks me out

6) Pitbulls, dobermans, big dogs esp. (Keep hearing about them attacking adults and little kids every time I watch the news, if I see one like that, I start shivering)

7) And last but not least, well I kinda got over it, still a little bit, elevators!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I watch FearFactor too. I guess if I was there, I would do just about anything even be on a closed space, except eating creepy crawlers, ewwwwwwwwwww, no way. Thought I dunno, if I win lots of bucks on it, then ok, I guess I'll do it so I can throw up right away after show's over.

• 4 months later...