Why are women obessessed with dancing?

JonnyG

It pains me on nights out that I do sometimes listen to music and think "hhmm, I wouldnt mind getting on the dancefloor and trying to make more moves than michael jackson", but then I realise, thats just crazy thinking.

I am no John Travolta. To be honest, I don't think many guys are. The majority of the guys on the dance floor cant really dance, but I guess, respect to them, they are trying. The problem is, for every guy that can dance, there's probably 5 guys who are trying their best and are ok, and 5 who are just awful, and embarrassing themselves.

Now, most women can dance. I think being more flexibile helps, and wearing revealing clothing can also help, and dancing allows them to draw the attention of males. Now because of this I guess I can understand why women like to dance. Also, and im not joking here, but its a well known fact that dancing is great for burning calories, so im sure some girls love it for this reason to .

There's the saying that a great dancer is good in bed. I just think thats **** but thats my opinion. Maybe somewhere there has been an indepth study to show this but who knows.

Fact is, dancing to me is just one of those things that can literally be a total offput. I cant think of another sport/activity which a gf could be bad at and it would be a turn off, with the exception of perhaps karaoke. I think if anything I would just laugh with her at it. But then there's dancing. If she was really bad I would just be plain embarrassed to be around her.

This is the same for me. I wouldnt mind trying any sport and even if im bad I could laugh at myself and i wouldnt be embarrassed. I happily can sit with a girl and take the **** out of myself for many things and not be embarrassed but just have a good giggle with the girl. But I wont dance with them because I know i cant dance and I know that if I did try with them its not a simple case of a giggle, it could be humilation to myself and the girl. This is why I basically wont do it. Since 18 I stopped trying to dance. I've danced about twice with 2 separate girls in last 6 years or so and both was when they were holding my hands or my arms around them or something, and both were for very short period of time.

The problem is that I know that girls love a guy to dance. I also know that past gfs have wanted me to go to the dance floor with them but im not up for this and it causes me to feel uncomfortable and a party pooper. Hell, I think one ex even thought I was a bit serious and boring simply cause I wouldnt dance and she loved it. I think this isnt fair. Im up for doing anything with a girl basically but I dont like dancing and I want this to be accepted. I wouldnt want to make a girl do anything that they strongly dont want to do, I would respect their feelings. Heh, I love womans backsides, have done anal once and loved it, but do I expect every girl to want to do it??? Of course not, hence i've only done it once and thats because the girl asked to do it. Not only that but I've not ever really felt i've gone out long enough with a girl to ask them to try this but if i did I wouldnt expect them to say "yes". I'd personally rather take it up the backside from a girl than dance, could even be nice, never tried it.

Is it just because if a guy can dance well its impressive to u? Is it because if a guy trys u think "I love the fact he has the confidence to try"? What is the obessession? What happens if they are really bad at it? Does it embarrass u? I know that a mate or two of mine have been laughed at by a girl who wanted them to dance and as soon as they did and werent upto that girls expectations they laughed and left them. hhmmm...great.

Explain please????

In all honesty, I would love to be an awesome dancer. I think it would be great as I dont think there's many great guy dancers so im sure the girls would love it. I also think some girls can look great dancing. Maybe one day ill start paying for lessons.

EDIT: Not sure if its really the right section, but its an act that allows flirting so thought it would do ok here.

I love dancing. I take dance classes about 4 times a week. (In fact, I'm off to one right now!) I dance in performances a lot. Yes, it's a good workout. I love music, and it's a great social activity. It's an expression of creativity, and I love fun costuming.

anyways, that's just why I like it.

if you are interested in meeting women, dance classes are a great way to do it.

I had to take many different styles of dance until I found one that I really liked.

Haha, you know I share your exact feelings Jonny. Frankly i haven't danced in a long time, and I happen to be pretty shy at times. So though I know I can dance, I just worry about embarrassing myself if I do. The best way to probably get over the embarrassment factor is just to realise that many people make afool of themselves, but it's the way they handle it that either makes them great company, or makes them look embarrassed.

Ive been dancing since i was 2 and i adore it. I used to dance 6days a week. Sometimes 7. I dont care how a male dances, if i dont like it, i stand in front of him, he puts his hands on my hips or around my waist and he moves with me! he doesnt have to dance alone!

I am in the same situation. I used to work on a ranch with horses all the time when I was younger. After work most of us would go to the local country dance hall to listen to country music, drink some beer and just relax. I would turn women down who asked me to dance because I didnt know how to dance very well and I was usually just tired. Anyways, I do try and dance from time to time, but the thing is, that I try to be perfect with most things that I do. I think if I could learn how to really dance well (not on a Sat night in front of everyone) I would have the confidence to hit the dance floor with any woman. Because of this, I have told myself that I am going to take a few private lessons within the next month. I am not getting any younger and I dont want to regret not dancing when I grow old. My parents never really taught me how to dance. I dont want my son to go through this when he gets older. I want to teach him, and teach him well.

My thoughts

I love it when a guy will dance with me bc it is sexy!

Have you ever seen any of the cheesy chick flicks 'dirty dancing' that sort of thing?

Dance can be a form of foreplay that can not be achieved in any other way. It can be so intense. I think the saying about how good a lover someone will be based on how good a dancer they are is grounded in this idea.

But the thing is; it's not even the technical skill that is the huge turn-on. It's the level of intimacy and closeness you can reach while dancing with someone.

grrrr....!

BTW: I adore dancing. No big surprise, right? There have been instances where I've 'battled' against men on the dance floor....and that was crazy sexy in a very unique way. Almost like a competition of who is hotter! lol.

All dancing is good - and dance lessons are simply crawling with females that would fall all over any guy with enthusiasm to learn and dance. You get to touch each other within socially acceptable terms; in intimate ways.

hahaha itsallgrand, My dance partner was male, he was the only male in the class and i had a major crush on him. LOL. I later found out that he had liked me aswell, but then he moved to QLD. When we danced together i felt like i was in another world. Honestly. It was as if, noone else was in the room, and i agree it is so intimate. If i could dance just once more with him .... ahhhh! the dreams. LOL.

lol SxyLady ...that's the magic I was talking about

I thought of another thing about dancing: The fact that is you and him out on the dance floor..with people looking on or watching or merely the fact of it being public.

Public display of affection and sexuality.

Public display of the man being proud to be seen with you.

And when a man dances well, it can be really exciting to watch the other women staring at him. lol. This could be just me.

There's also the rush of seeing a man so involved with his physicality, expressing himself so freely...the is beautiful.

I love dancing. It's like a high for me, learning new dance moves, listening to the music. What fun. I dance everyday at home when I'm cleaning the house, at the gym etc. Dancing is in my blood.

listening to the music

i have a question for this thread.

so boys dont dance with girls much.

but girls dont "skank" "hardcore" etc with boys as much.

i think its just a style difference.

not that boys dont like to dance, they just are more leaned towards different styles of 'dance'