Hey Guys,

I'm not posting for sympathy, basically i just want to talk.

As some of you know my dad has terminal cancer and was diagnosed bout 10 months ago with less than a year to live, as you know from previous treads he's been doing really really well.

This week he's gone really down hill, he's in a lot of pain and even though he's been told more Chemo therapy could give him another 6-9 months, our family doctor told my mum not to count on this working again.

I live quite far from home for work, (4 hour drive) and talking to my mum on the phone is terrible she's hurting so much. I really want to go home and see my daddy but he keeps reassuring me he's okay and even if he isn't when i last saw him 10 days ago, we said a proper happy goodbye and if anything was to happen thats how i should remember him.

I love him so so much and don't understand why he has to die, i know god wants him back and i know he won't be in anymore pain, its selfish for us to want to keep him....but i do... i love my daddy so much.

Today is a bad day ... just want a hug...please

Sugar XxXxX

*hugs*

This so hard for you and I really feel for you. Spend as much time as you can with him for you won't regret that you did.

When I read of all the troubles that people can have with their parents it is heartwarming to see how much you love yours and it is so sad that you may have to lose him much too soon.

Post on here whenever you need sympathy.

Sugar -

I'm am so sorry for what your family is going through. I can only hope that someday there is a medical breakthrough and a cure can be found for all cancers.

I understand wanting to remember him and your final memory to be all happy, but I would rather spend as much time with him until the end as I could.

A dear friend of mine just lost his father to brain cancer Sunday. It was a long fight, and he had been living with his father for four months to help care for him. He was there at 3am when his father passed away, holding his hand. I don't think he'd trade that final moment for all the happy memories in the world, because he got to be there with his daddy.

Have you tried to talk to your mom about it? Best wishes and prayers for you,

Sass

(((Sugar)))

I know how hard it is, especially when you are far away and feel you can't do very much. But, know that your father is very aware you love him very much, and know that he loves YOU very much.

And know that he fought VERY hard to be here as long as he could...and you should be very proud of him for that. He obviously feels very loved to fight to stay with you.

I suggest you do try and see him as often as you are able to, but your dad also wants you to live your life too, and maybe does not want you to get depressed about his illness....see him when you can, but try not to feel too guilty that you can't be there all the time. And be there for your mum too, I am sure she needs lots of support and love too

My mum is ill too, and it is so hard, I know. But I love her so much, and I have realized that even more through all this. Her strength and determination to beat this is inspiring....and no matter what happens, I will live with her love forever.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, its so nice to know there are such nice people out there!

I'm going to try and get the next few days off work and go home, even if its just to help out my mum.My sister still lives at home and i know she's a big help to them, i jst need to be there right now too.

Thanks xxxxxxxxx

Sugar - You and your family are in my thoughts. I am sorry that you are going through this and you have my deepest sympathy and support. Spend as much time with him as you can, enjoy every minute. And feel free to post as much as you want, get those feelings out there. We are all here for you.

*Hugs

my dad had cancer a while back, and it destroyed my whole summer. i wasnt allowed to see him either cause i had a throat problem. but i called him all the time. and it made both of us feel better. what im saying is, just keep in touch with him, even if its just a short hello and an i love.

its hard when someone you love is ill, just take comfort in the fact that you love him and he loves you just as much.

i hope things work out and i'll pray for you and yours.

many hugs and happiness