I haven't been on in a long time, but I am recently having a really hard time. I hate life right now. I just moved from South Texas to Oklahoma. This was decided when we had to evacuate from Hurrican Rita in September. My fiance decided we should move and start a new life. 2 days after we got here my grandma died, a month after that my real dad's house burned down, the next day after that my step brother was in a car wreck, and recently my fiance dumped me and went back home. We lived about 550 miles away from where I am now. Well I don't know what happened. I do know that I tried my hardest not to fall again so this wouldn't happen. I pushed him away, but eventually he kept bugging and I kept falling and then I fell hard. He proposed to me when we finally got here from the evacuation. That was a nightmare and I won't get into that. I just don't know what to do because I don't think I will ever hear from him or see him again. When he left he said he still loved me if that meant anything. Why did he say that and still leave? He also told me he wouldn't be back home for long. He said that he would just be there long enough to get his truck and that he was moving again. Why would he tell me that? I hurt so bad and I don't want to move forward in life. I just don't understand what happened. I am also stuck here in a new place and I hate it here. I just want to move back home, but I can't. Life sucked there also, but I was used to it. I also had famliar territory to run on, and I don't here. I just need some kind words to get me through I guess. I didn't want to post but a friend said I should so I said I guess I will give it a try. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.

LM,

I can't believe the strength you have shown, you are the definition of a survivor. You should spend more time on here helping others as you are a great example of perseverance! I'm sorry that you feel that you are in a bad place but you could be one of the unclaimed or missing. Try your best to meet new people and rebuild your life as many are doing who relocated due to Katrina. You ex has his own issues and I offer no excuses for what he did and why. Be thankful you have the chance to make a new start and use your strength to allow fate to show you the way.

RC

wow...that is a lot to take on at once, but look at where you're at...yes you're in a new place, but maybe take advantage of that - it's a good way to clean slate and work on building a new life - do this for you, you seem like a strong person! remember that old saying:

whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

take a look at yourself and smile - you're 22 and you have so much to look forward to, try to keep your head up, where there's a loss, there's also a gain!

I know sometimes life really makes that extra effort to cause me alot of pain but I always seem to get by, you can too. When you feel you are really stuck in the mud, thats when you give 110%, thats when you say to yourself you're not giving up. From your post I noticed, like the others that commented, that you are stronger than you know so now you prove it to yourself.

Tap into that inner strength its there, harnest it.

We believe in you, what about you?

Im a friend of lil mam.

I told her to post here because she is deeply hurt, im glad i was on the right tracks, because i also said that she has to believe in herself, if you trust yourself, you will know how to live.

She also said to me that this has happened many times, ive been through it with her, she just says when will it end, im tired of the pain, im just tired of all this.

And quite frankly so am i, ive been hurt many times, and recently i have, but the main thing to remmeber, is you have no choice but to get strong.

These are wise words, im sure it will really brighten her day up when she reads her replies, because her posts never get answered.

Thanks all

I've been stuck in a new place, suddenly all alone. I know that it's rough. But it does give you an opportunity to start your life fresh, if you want to do that. I don't know why they tell you they love you and then leave, mine did that to me too and I am siomewhat baffled, but take it for what it was... just something she said.

I am impressed by the strength you have shown in the face of so many challenges. You will make it through this fine, I can tell you are a strong person. One of these days, you'll look back on it and can be really proud of how you handled yourself through such adversity and know that, if you can get through this, you can handle anything.

Best Wishes

some ideas for you

find out what hobbies you are into and if there are any local groups that get together.

get out of the house-go for a walk, go to barnes n noble grab a book and some coffee

join a gym-even if you dont meet people, you can still improve yourself and working out will help you feel better

try online dating-at least you will meet new people. its been hard for me, trying not to compare to my ex, but it will help you at least get out. I havent met anyone special, but its nice to at least force yourself to move on, you may meet someone new, and even if you dont find sparks, you can still make friends