22 and Never been kissed

viola13

Okay, I've pretty much kissed a girl every year of my life starting around pre-school and kindergarten. I thought it was so "mighty" to kiss a lot of girls back then when I was young, and never have I really experienced a "real" and "right" kiss until lately. My girlfriend and I broke up, as I have a topic in the "Breaking Up" forum, and I met her when I was 24. Before we had even started dating this girl and I, my x now, started kissing. I first kissed her on my birthday, March 23, 2007, and that's my "real" kiss of my life and I've never kissed and it felt like that before, that's why I want my x back so badly. That was her "first" kiss, when she was 26, just like me, and it felt so wonderful to be the one to give it to her, but I just don't get what happened between us really. The first kiss.. and all my kisses with this one girl, my x, have been the most passionate, romantic, intense, and zealous kisses of my life, that's why.. yea, I won't go around on the "That's why I'm grieving because we broke up help I don't know what to do!" act again.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me join in on this thread. I'm 23 don't think I've been properly kissed. I was nervous and whenever he moved in closer, I pulled way. Why? Because I was emotionally not ready. I was fed up with my insecure emotion that instead of letting him move in with a kiss (which i thought I was going to die from anxiety), I gave him a quick kiss on the lips - very unromantic grandma type. UGH. I even had my eyes open when he was trying to get close.

Later he said "who keeps their eyes open?" Then after awhile, I didn't say much and he asked "was that your first kiss?" and I said "yup". Then after digesting the fact a bit longer, he apologized.

So...I don't think that was a kiss at all?!

Well, I'm 24 and I've never kissed. I did get my first hug ever at age 23, so that to me was already pretty special, and I imagine a kiss to feel like that as well, if you know what I mean. I have to admit though that at this point, it is starting to seem very unlikely I'll ever experience that.

well it really depends on the guy if your going to tell them or not some guys will see it as a cute thing if you tell them and probably come out with somthing like "dont worry" and slowly move in or say "well heres our chance" or somthing cheesy like that i know i would hehe althought some guys may find it a bit weird that you havnt and shun you so it all depends on the person but you should really get to know some1 first before you kiss ect

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, I'm 24 and I've never kissed. I did get my first hug ever at age 23, so that to me was already pretty special, and I imagine a kiss to feel like that as well, if you know what I mean. I have to admit though that at this point, it is starting to seem very unlikely I'll ever experience that.

All I can say is don't worry at all remember your a woman I can almost promise it will happen sometime in yourlife time and regardless don't worry.

My friend recently got married and she had her first kiss at about 23/4ish but she was glad she waited so your not the only one out there. Its a great thing for a woman but it totally sucks for a guy.

• 2 weeks later...
All I can say is don't worry at all remember your a woman I can almost promise it will happen sometime in yourlife time and regardless don't worry.

My friend recently got married and she had her first kiss at about 23/4ish but she was glad she waited so your not the only one out there. Its a great thing for a woman but it totally sucks for a guy.

Ehm, I'm not a woman though. So it totally sucks for a guy. Yeah, I knew that already...

• 4 months later...

She has no reason to worry. By virtue of being female, If she really wants a kiss she just needs to be a bit more encouraging when guys take passes at her. But clearly she doesn't want to yet or she wouldn't need to write this post, so it's a moot point.

And, as many men have already pointed out, they value a girl who hasn't been with tons men.

A man who is inexperienced and nervous about a first kiss is going to have a hard time getting anywhere past high school age. Women expect men to be confident and aggressive in initiating. If a guy is unable to compete with his peers it's usually going to be SOL. He just has to endure tons of rejections and hope for an eventual lucky break.

I had my first kiss at age 20 and not because I didn't feel like it until then. That was when I finally got my first opportunity.

I just feel I ought to give some perspective here. A girl has the luxury of sitting and waiting for someone to come and 'sweep her off her feet.' For a man, that sort of behavior is a one way ticket to 'old and lonely'.

Not only is her situation not bad, she's doing quite well for herself.

So I am 22, and have never kissed a guy. I fear that the longer I go without kissing someone, the more akward it's going to be... Guys out there- would you think it was really weird to be dating a girl who has never kissed anyone? When the time does come (hopefully soon!!) should I tell the guy I have no clue what the heck I'm doing? Or would that ruin it?

Thanks for the help!!

I am 22 and have never kissed a girl before so your not alone. You'll be fine your a woman things aren't as difficult as it is for men. For us where suppose to be the confident experienced ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't have my first real kiss till I was 24. From the ages of 17 to 24 I "kissed" a few girls but they were mainly one night stands so the kisses were unexpected and sloppy. I don't think we even locked lips properly so i always thought I was a bad kisser. Finally there was this one girl I was dying to get to know for a whole year and one day out of nowhere she grabbed me and started making out with me and it was very easy to close my eyes and let things happen naturally. She told me afterward that she had never been with a guy that kissed so well. So don't worry... when you find someone you like just let your instincts take over and you will do fine.

• 3 months later...

I joined specifically to post in this forum - 23 and never been properly kissed. Like the previous poster I did have one drunken accident kiss, but I don't like to count that because it didn't even feel like a kiss (maybe I missed the lips, who knows...)

For the first time in my life I've actually met someone I think I'd like to kiss, but I'm terrified to let him know...

So I am 22, and have never kissed a guy. I fear that the longer I go without kissing someone, the more akward it's going to be... Guys out there- would you think it was really weird to be dating a girl who has never kissed anyone? When the time does come (hopefully soon!!) should I tell the guy I have no clue what the heck I'm doing? Or would that ruin it?

Thanks for the help!!

I would just be honest with the guy and say "I've never kissed anyone before" or something like that so then at least he knows and he'd probably appreciate the fact that you were honest. I don't think you being honest with him would ruin anything at all =)

I kinda know how you feel with that since I didn't get my first kiss until I was 18 and in college but my experience was just kind of weird. Me and the guy were at a dance and we got all caught up in the moment and he just started kissing me. So I kissed back.. didn't really know what the hell I was doing but I just went with the flow and did whatever he was doing haha. But yeah you'll get better at it over time =)

I didn't start kissing until last year when I started dating my bf who I'm still with and I was 21. He was my first to actually start kissing with. I didn't really know how to kiss either and I didn't say anything and he made the first move. It just comes natural I suppose I felt weird about it because I have never really done it before. I only pecked a guy on the lips when I was a freshmen in high school and he went to a different school and invited me to go to homecoming. But, I really never considered that my 1st kiss because after that I never did speak to him again. So, I do consider my bf to be the 1st one that I have kissed.

But, don't worry you'll know when the right time is. Just don't tell them that you never been kissed and when you feel like your ready you'll know!

• 2 weeks later...
hey, well i say dont worry about it!! u still have loads of time! some people just "mature" a bit earlier. im all up for honesty, and while were being honest, lets face it: society is a b!tch, and if u tell a guy ur 22 and have never been kissed, hes probably gonna get a bit freaked out, so i say just keep it to yourself, and like sweetie33 says, just go with the flow...its almost in our nature to kiss, ull get the hang of it!

This doesn't really seem to be helpful to the OP's statement, so I just thought I'd give my two cents on this. Maturity has absolutely nothing to do with kissing the opposite sex. Let's face it, there are plenty of immature 12-15 year old parents out there who have had more sex than a 22-year old who has never been kissed and (assuming here) has a good life-style. Some guys may be "freaked out" by a girl who has never been kissed, mainly the guys how sleep around all the time, but it doesn't sound like the OP would want one of those guys, so I doubt it's worth worrying about. I personally know many good guys out there who would not care whether or not a girl has kissed before, and most of these good guys would be glad that their girl has morals and high self-esteem, as opposed to someone who "just 'matures' a bit earlier."

Archived