Me and my ex girlfriend have been dating since christmas of last year. Our relationship is all that i expected and then some. I cared so much for her and would do anything for her. We went to the same college together last year, which is where we met and started going out around christmas. School got over and we decided to try a long distance relationship for the summer. We live about an hour and a half from each other and we have made it through half the summer and then some. She is working at one job and she gets another around our break up. I thoguht our relationship was like any othe typical relationship. With a month and a half left of school she calls me out of the blue and says she is confused and really stressed out with her two jobs and wants to be friends because she can never see me anymore. She says she never sees me anymore but really cares for me and swears there is no other man in her life right now except for me and she tells me how much iam better than any other boyfriend she has. We talk every day and i tell her how i feel and that i want to be with her. I thought we were closer than that to have a couple jobs come between us. School starts in a month and a half and i'll see her everyday. What do i do. Comments much appreciated on this topic. Thanks

I would just play it cool until school's over. My Fiancee is in college full time and working 35+ hours a week. It really does get to her. If that was coupled with the long distance part, I know it'd be a hell of a lot harder. Just know that what she's telling you is probably true, there is probably no one else, she's just stressed. School will do that to a person. If you really care about her, and want something more permanent, just stay as close as you can without going overboard through school, and plan for something stronger afterwards. I feel your pain, but you've got your whole life ahead, and you'll be out of school before you know it.

clyde411,

She's not making much sense. She says she still cares for you but wants to end it because of the two jobs? If she really still wants you, you two should still be together while she finds a way to deal with her work. She should have been able to put the relationship aside and concentrate on her work. Do you see what I'm getting at?

nowhere,

I see your point, and I can understand that side as well. I guess I just know the pain of being in the situation.

Clyde, She very well may not be stringing you along. Some people take on a lot of responsibility, and work themselves too hard. Whether or not she is doing this, I don't know. Just keep an open mind, as you are well aware, being in school can be quite a stressful time in a persons life. That's when the most growing up is done, and most people learn a lot about themselves. I guess you just have to choose what you really want and give it a try. If you want to give it a shot, then just give her space and be patient. That will be rewarded in the end, if it's meant to be.

Keep your head up!

I think if you just wait till you see her in school again, giving her this time to herself and her jobs, that she will feel more relieved. I understand she needs to make money and with this economy, sometimes it requires 2 jobs and since you are 1.5 hours away, it would make sense to spend your time working so that when she does see you again, she doesn't have to be so concerned with money. As a girl, if i was to be stuck 1.5 hours from my man, and i had the option of making money over the summer and still seeing him in the school year, I would do what she was doing. She probably jsut knows she isn't holding up her end of the relationship and rather than a break up, maybe she is just talking a break. Hope this helps