Unattractive men!

Does being approached mostly by men that you dont find attractive mean you are unattractive?

I was walking to my class and I pass by a guy not even paying attention to him and he goes hey hey and I turn and and he walks to me and asks me my name and where Im from. The whole time he's talking to me he's not even looking me in the eye. Most of the time he was looking at my body and my shoes. I basically start walking away after like 2 seconds, but it just made me wonder why is this guy approaching me? And why am I often approached in that manner? And no I dont smile alot. I walk FAST with a pretty blank look on my face, I kinda half or fake smile at ppl sometimes.

HE WASN'T LOOKING AT YOUR FACE, HE DIDN'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AND LOOKED ENTIRELY AT YOUR BOOBIES. I'D HAVE TO SAY YOUR PROBABLY HOT BUT IF YOU SHOW US A PICTURE I COULUD PROBABLY VERIFY THAT IN ABOUT 1 SECOND.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HE WASN'T LOOKING AT YOUR FACE, HE DIDN'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AND LOOKED ENTIRELY AT YOUR BOOBIES. I'D HAVE TO SAY YOUR PROBABLY HOT BUT IF YOU SHOW US A PICTURE I COULUD PROBABLY VERIFY THAT IN ABOUT 1 SECOND.

Moderator note: please do not post in all capital letters. It is hard on the eyes and is considered SHOUTING.

• 3 months later...

I am always getting approached by guys who in my mind, are absolutely, well...ugly! The point here is, if you're good catch any guy will try too approach you...and yes, even the ugly ones.

The fact is, everyone is attracted to all things beautiful. And nothing is more pleasing to the eyes of a man than a gorgeous girl and visa versa...no matter what their appearance may be. Now, it may seem like only unattractive men take interest in you, but all you have to do is broaden your kaleidoscope. That is, start noticing everything around you instead of the things that you find unappealing...in this case men.

I myself, used to do this and sometimes it made me question my appearance more than once. Though I came to realize that I brought it upon myself and once I opened my eyes...the results were marvelous. I broadened my kaleidoscope and found that a variety of guys were checking me out...and boy some were gorgeous!

Believe me, if you do this you'll be damn surprised at just how many guys are looking at you from head to toe...both kinds.

Hey Strawberry,

What do you mean by 'broaden your kaleidoscope' exactly? I also consider myself a good-looking female, and find some attractive guys checking me out, but sometimes we don't really seem to have that instant 'chemistry' or click. Do you mean that you'll approach them and start talking to them if you're attracted to a guy, or what do you mean by that comment?

Thanks so much,

lily

xx

What I meant by my statement 'broaden you're kaleidoscope,' was to expand you're your line of thinking.

You say that yes, some attractive guys approach you or visa versa but there's no 'click,' that instant chemistry… you can't always expect that spark right off the bat. Things of this nature usually take time to develop, and if lucky, can even be fantastic.

The point I'm making is, don't expect too much all at once, because if you do, you could loose out on that special someone…and wouldn't that be a kick in the * * *!

I do however, no that yes, some people just don't ever develop chemistry and that's ok. There's lots of significant other's out there waiting to be snatched…you just have to be patient.

Believe me, I'm the type of girl to 'wash her hands' if things aren't going my way…but I found by giving it a chance that there was something 'lurking behind the shadows.' I'm not saying I've had success every time, that's just impossible…but what is possible is a potential relationship you never thought could happen.

Try it, you might just surprise yourself...but don't go for second best either, put you're love to the test!

Does being approached mostly by men that you dont find attractive mean you are unattractive?

I was walking to my class and I pass by a guy not even paying attention to him and he goes hey hey and I turn and and he walks to me and asks me my name and where Im from. The whole time he's talking to me he's not even looking me in the eye. Most of the time he was looking at my body and my shoes. I basically start walking away after like 2 seconds, but it just made me wonder why is this guy approaching me? And why am I often approached in that manner? And no I dont smile alot. I walk FAST with a pretty blank look on my face, I kinda half or fake smile at ppl sometimes.

#1.) Rhetorical: If you find a guy unattractive, does that mean he is unattractive to everyone?

#2.) If same said unattractive guy then approaches you, why do you think you are instantly unattractive? Because since he doesn't meet your parameters, and he's approaching you, you think you're also in this undesired parameter?

#3.) Pervs stare from afar. Guys approaching you mean they like you and are shy. They see you as attractive, so they're shy.

Be nice please

Well I think the main complication is that there are many unattractive guys who think they are attractive and many attractive guys who think they are unattractive. So if a guy who is unattractive approaches you then there is a possibility that he thinks he is gods gift to women, sees you are a pretty good looking girl and reasons that you are the kind of girl he should go for. Judging by his jerkish behaviour the guy in your example probably does think he is attractive, so I would take his approaching you to mean he thinks you're attractive... to be honest ANYBODY approaching you means they think you're attractive.

On the "no short men" issue - all of my best romantic experiences (and they were hot!) have been with men under 5"7 and mostly under 5"5. My boyfriend is 5"5 and while there are those small-minded people who have made silly comments about his height mostly he is highly respected and has the admiration of many for his character, integrity, intelligence, wit and humility (nope - no napoleon complex or whatever that silly stereotype is about short men). So for the poster who lumped short men in with ugly men - please keep thinking that and acting that way because there's no reason for me to have more competition, lol.

I understand a woman wanting the man to be taller (my bf is taller than me and yes I prefer it, but I am 5"2 and have gone on dates with men shorter than me but of course there aren't many around!). What I will never understand is why "short" is always lumped in with "negative" qualities such as unattractive or bald (which I don't find unattractive, but ok) - but g-d forbid a man says "no overweight women!" and he is called shallow and all sorts of names.

It's all about respect. I would not walk up to a girl who was busy doing something, or seemed like she didn't want to be bothered. If I did I would just say hello, whats your name, where you from, try to make her laugh etc.. And If she wasn't interested im sure she would let me know.. and I would kindly say goodbye and leave.

Guys that use pickup lines, and things of the sort, are usually players, and are out to get more than some talk.

By the way, I have a thing for short girls, not sure what it is.. my ex was 5"1. So you shorties out there, you are loved as well!

Errm, a lot of good looking guys are too shy to approach women, how about you approach a guy you like?

I've learned that you need to break away from that. I think I'm decently attractive, I workout, take care of my body, appearance etc.. you really just need to be assertive, I wasn't for a long time and I realized most girls aren't going to come up to you to strike a conversation.

... to be honest ANYBODY approaching you means they think you're attractive.

I completely disagree. "Approaching" someone could just be because they're friendly/have a question/want to talk... I mean I "approach" guys all the time, some of them are acquaintances/friends, doesn't mean I'm attracted to them!! I assume the same goes for most men.

I've learned that you need to break away from that. I think I'm decently attractive, I workout, take care of my body, appearance etc.. you really just need to be assertive, I wasn't for a long time and I realized most girls aren't going to come up to you to strike a conversation.

yeah I agree... even though a girl may be attractive, she probably still wants the guy to approach her (in bars, clubs, etc.) In everyday situations like in class, at work, etc. it may be more relaxed, but still... girls generally appreciate being approached. It just shows respect & confidence... might as well learn some, it will help you in the long run!

I completely disagree. "Approaching" someone could just be because they're friendly/have a question/want to talk... I mean I "approach" guys all the time, some of them are acquaintances/friends, doesn't mean I'm attracted to them!! I assume the same goes for most men.

Well it was unsaid but I thought implied, that I didn't mean approach literally as in, walk in your direction/talk to you. I meant walk in your direction/flirt with you/ask you out.